Confirmed Trade: [EDM/PHI] Derick Brassard (@50%) for 2023 4th round pick

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If you need to know how bad Holland is as a gm, Fletch actually got the right value in a trade. 1 out of 10 ain't bad.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
He played really well for the flyers and never found himself in the 4c position he was signed for. Overuse definitely took it's toll later in the year and he got hurt.
With the retention I thought he'd get a 3rd. Valuable depth player

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Brassard is such a suitcase at this rate. But on the other hand want to see a player break Sillinger's record. But must've been set in stone he was meant to wear orange this season.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Depends entirely on usage.

I still have a sore spot for Brassard because of his performance in Pittsburgh after the Pens payed a ransom to get him. He was supposed to solidify that 3rd line and replace was lost with Bonino leaving, but instead the guy didn't work hard, and seemed to think he could coast his way to points.

Seems like a guy that needs top six minutes/linemates or he's terribly out of place.

Kane-McDavid-Yamamoto
Hyman-Drai-Puljujarvi
Brassard-RNH-Kassian
McLeod-Ryan-Archibald
Shore

Something along those lines are likely the forwards when Nuge is back. McLeod moves up and down the lineup and plays C sometimes as well. Having Brassard who is a natural centre and can take draws for Nuge makes sense from a deployment standpoint at least to me.

I don’t have huge expectations for Brassard, he easily could be on the 4th line as well. Doesn’t really move the needle very much one way or the other. A depth addition is all this really is.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
If you paid Yamamoto 10 million per year this summer and he wins the art Ross next year you paid him fairly but absolutely no one saw it coming.

Ceci in no way should've gotten that much for that long and for a team having trouble with the cap it was a smooth brain move. Absolutely no reason why Ceci should've gotten more than 2/year.
In this league if you are a RH D and manage to show up with pants on, you get $1M. $2M would be an insult. Show me an effective RH side shot D (not including ELC deals) who only make $2M.

Reactions: Seachd

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Kane-McDavid-Yamamoto
Hyman-Drai-Puljujarvi
Brassard-RNH-Kassian
McLeod-Ryan-Archibald
Shore

Something along those lines are likely the forwards when Nuge is back. McLeod moves up and down the lineup and plays C sometimes as well. Having Brassard who is a natural centre and can take draws for Nuge makes sense from a deployment standpoint at least to me.

I don’t have huge expectations for Brassard, he easily could be on the 4th line as well. Doesn’t really move the needle very much one way or the other. A depth addition is all this really is.

Where's Foegele?

Reactions: snipes and McDoused

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Hyman - McDavid - Yamamoto
Kane - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Foegele - RNH - Ryan
Brassard - McLeod - Archibald/Kassian

Nurse - Ceci
Keith - Bouchard
Kulak - Barrie

Looks decent. Let's see what the boys can do down the stretch run here. RNH apparently back on thursday

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
16 points in 31 games at 50% for a 4th.

Not bad, doesn’t really move the needle much but adds depth to the bottom 6.
Just as an FYI, all of his points except one had either Giroux, Atkinson or Farabee also getting points. So those are the level of guys he played with to produce.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Just as an FYI, all of his points except one had either Giroux, Atkinson or Farabee also getting points. So those are the level of guys he played with to produce.

I don't really expect much out of him. Puljujarvi just came back, RNH maybe returns Thursday and Archibald is back too. He's strictly depth insurance. For a 4th I have zero issue with it even if he's a 13th forward.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I don't really expect much out of him. Puljujarvi just came back, RNH maybe returns Thursday and Archibald is back too. He's strictly depth insurance. For a 4th I have zero issue with it even if he's a 13th forward.
And that is fair as injuries will happen. I noted early in the thread that he, Farabee and Atkinson went on a shooting heater to start the season and that's where the production came from. Expecting .50 ppg production from him would be bad. Used as a depth guy where production is often a bonus is fine.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
In this league if you are a RH D and manage to show up with pants on, you get $1M. $2M would be an insult. Show me an effective RH side shot D (not including ELC deals) who only make $2M.

There hasn't been a shortage or lack of quality RHD in the leage for several seasons now. Not sure why HF Boards still perpetuates this.

If anything, quality LHD are lacking relative.

spot

Aug 26, 2007
Where's Foegele?

Oilers lines would most likely resemble this:

Kane McDavid Yamamoto
Hyman Draisaitl Puljujärvi
Foegele RNH Ryan
McLeod Brassard Kassian
Archibald - Canadian games
Shore
Sceviour

Nurse Ceci
Keith Bouchard
Kulak Barrie
Russel
Niemelianen

Koskinen
Smith

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
That's impressive!
I recall Sillenger lasting in the league forever... I guess I'm remembering things wrong.
At this rate Brassard is gonna pass him in a year or two.

All it takes to match is signing with a team other than Edmonton as a UFA and getting moved next deadline to match the record. Crazy

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Oilers lines would most likely resemble this:

Kane McDavid Yamamoto
Hyman Draisaitl Puljujärvi
Foegele RNH Ryan
McLeod Brassard Kassian
Archibald - Canadian games
Shore
Sceviour

Nurse Ceci
Keith Bouchard
Kulak Barrie
Russel
Niemelianen

Koskinen
Smith

Doesn't look bad honestly outside having Smith over Skinner but that's on Holland

Reactions: KlefDown and spot

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2