Confirmed Trade: [EDM/PHI] Derick Brassard (@50%) for 2023 4th round pick

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Eh, lets not get carried away. Hyman, Ceci and Kane were all great additions, RNH contract was nice too. Plenty of good to go along with plenty of bad too.
I don't see Ceci as a win. He got overpaid in $ and term after the second half of last season he had.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
As far as picking up a 4C who can fill in a bit if someone higher gets injured, there’s nothing to complain about here. 7 of our 13 best forwards are centers now, so we have a lot of flexibility with line combinations

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Flyers fans any scouting on Brassard? I liked him a lot in CBJ but has he fallen off or is he still consistent?

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Wha?? I hated that signing and thought it was stupid. Ceci has played waaay over his contract. I’ve been very impressed.
If you paid Yamamoto 10 million per year this summer and he wins the art Ross next year you paid him fairly but absolutely no one saw it coming.

Ceci in no way should've gotten that much for that long and for a team having trouble with the cap it was a smooth brain move. Absolutely no reason why Ceci should've gotten more than 2/year.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
If you paid Yamamoto 10 million per year this summer and he wins the art Ross next year you paid him fairly but absolutely no one saw it coming.

Ceci in no way should've gotten that much for that long and for a team having trouble with the cap it was a smooth brain move. Absolutely no reason why Ceci should've gotten more than 2/year.
For 2 million on a 1 year deal he could have gone to multiple teams, why would he want to come to Edmonton? I also doubt as a UFA any team gets him for 2 million.

Last edited:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

This is lunacy. Even the Ceci of last year was worth in the $3M range, he was good for Pittsburgh, The Ceci of this year is worth in the $5M range. It amazes me the lengths some will go to discredit Holland for everything, no matter how ridiculous it sounds.

Again, there are plenty of things to criticize Holland about. To criticize him for the Ceci contract is crazy IMO.

Reactions: Seachd

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
16 points in 31 games at 50% for a 4th.

Not bad, doesn’t really move the needle much but adds depth to the bottom 6.

Depends entirely on usage.

I still have a sore spot for Brassard because of his performance in Pittsburgh after the Pens payed a ransom to get him. He was supposed to solidify that 3rd line and replace was lost with Bonino leaving, but instead the guy didn't work hard, and seemed to think he could coast his way to points.

Seems like a guy that needs top six minutes/linemates or he's terribly out of place.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
16 points in 31 games at 50% for a 4th.

Not bad, doesn’t really move the needle much but adds depth to the bottom 6.
That’s what’s so frustrating about the Oilers Goaltending though. This is easily the best forward depth they have had since McDavid arrived, just imagining how good they would be if they got Markstrom a few years back instead of him going to Calgary has to suck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad