Confirmed Trade: [EDM/PHI] Derick Brassard (@50%) for 2023 4th round pick

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I like Brassard, and it's not like they gave up a ton of value to get him. But is that really the sort of piece Edmonton needed to add here?

I feel like Brassard is one of those players who probably needs to play a bit up your lineup to really be effective. At which point, are you really getting a depth forward? Or just someone to play up your lineup and push somebody else down to a depth role i guess?

Just doesn't really seem like the type of player they most needed. But i guess he does have some utility if they want to push him all the way up the lineup to play with good players. He's still got the skill and vision for that.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
All it takes to match is signing with a team other than Edmonton as a UFA and getting moved next deadline to match the record. Crazy
I'm thinking sign with Montreal (if Price doesn't re-sign) and then cross your fingers you get traded to the Nucks at the TDL... maybe I'm crazy thinking the Nucks will be buyers next year.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
As far as picking up a 4C who can fill in a bit if someone higher gets injured, there’s nothing to complain about here. 7 of our 13 best forwards are centers now, so we have a lot of flexibility with line combinations
This is key. We have guys who are good enough bottom six centre's but look awful when put up in the lineup higher than that. It's nice to have another guy who can fill in higher up when needed.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If you paid Yamamoto 10 million per year this summer and he wins the art Ross next year you paid him fairly but absolutely no one saw it coming.

Ceci in no way should've gotten that much for that long and for a team having trouble with the cap it was a smooth brain move. Absolutely no reason why Ceci should've gotten more than 2/year.
2M is a bottom pairing defenseman. He was more than that last year. You can't just make up values that you think are fair for guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad