Proposal: EDM OTT

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
He was out injured. His assignment to Bakers was a conditioning stint. Way to validate my point.
lol. He was demoted and has been in Bakersfield since December 8th. The two month conditioning stint huh. Dang was he out of shape after being out for less than 3 weeks in November.

he’s not good enough to be in your lineup. Don’t need to make up lies about why he’s still in the AHL. It’s because he’s not an NHL level player.

Reactions: Altimus

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
lol. He was demoted and has been in Bakersfield since December 8th. The two month conditioning stint huh. Dang was he out of shape after being out for less than 3 weeks in November.

he’s not good enough to be in your lineup. Don’t need to make up lies.

He was not demoted. He was on LTIR for 2 months. LTIR from Nov 13 to Jan 3rd. Clueless man, you can check anywhere and see easily how you're mistaken. He was in Bakers for 4 games.

One of us is speaking the facts, one of us is calling the other a liar while be 100% wrong. Good job.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
He was not demoted. He was on LTIR for 2 months. LTIR from Nov 13 to Jan 3rd. Clueless man, you can check anywhere and see easily how you're mistaken.
lol. So he was injured so bad he played 10 AHL games in December and scored a goal and had three assists in that time. What a strange injury. The one that lets you play a full slate of AHL games while you’re out injured.

You’re funny.

But impressive Broberg is so tough. He can play regularly thru a major injury.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Holloway has played 4 games in Bakers. Dear god man, get your head checked.
I was talking Broberg. He was awful in the 10 NHL games I watched. Turnover machine.

I haven’t been impressed with Holloway either but I never noticed turnovers being his issue. He just doesn’t do much out there. Doesn’t have bottom line skill set. Doesn’t have second line ability.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
lol. So he was injured so bad he played 10 AHL games in December and scored a goal and had three assists in that time. What a strange injury. The one that lets you play a full slate of AHL games while you’re out injured.

You’re funny.

But impressive Broberg is so tough. He can play regularly thru a major injury.

Unreal. I spoke on Holloway clearly right from the get go here and you're talking Broberg...

I was talking Broberg. He was awful in the 10 NHL games I watched. Turnover machine.

I haven’t been impressed with Holloway either but I never noticed turnovers being his issue. He just doesn’t do much out there. Doesn’t have bottom line skill set. Doesn’t have second line ability.

I never even mentioned Broberg to you. I said Holloway by name. Holy fudge man...

Reactions: PuckG and Ragdoll

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Holloway has played 4 games in Bakers. Dear god man, get your head checked.
I’m talking about Broberg. He sucks. Turnover machine. I’ve seen him play plenty.

Holloway. I don’t see him doing much out there. Not a bottom six style player. Not skilled enough to play line 2.

Of Broberg, Bouegault and Holloway, the latter would hold the most value IMO. The middle guy the least.

Unreal. I spoke on Holloway clearly right from the get go here and you're talking Broberg...

I never even mentioned Broberg to you. I said Holloway by name. Holy fudge man...
Two ships passing in the night.

Holloway isn’t someone I’d trade if I was the Oilers. I’d let him have some run before I made a call on him.

Broberg and Bourgault look like busts.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Broberg is D+5, has had ample NHL looks and appears to be a #7 AHL/type. Not a scoring player, not a strong defender, not a good puck mover and not a heavy type. Dude's value is that of a B- prospect. 3rd round pick value if trying to trade for futures (unlikely of course).

Holloway is another guy that hasn't shown anything at the NHL level. Bottom six player without a bottom six mindset. I wouldn't be shocked if he got a Lias Anderson type return, but another guy that, if traded for futures (and no reason why Oilers do this) would fetch a 3rd.

Bourgault looks like a missed pick. Quite a few of those at the 2021 draft.

Throwing any of these guys into a trade isn't a base. It's filler in lieu of Oilers adding those 2nd and 3rd round picks to the base of any deal for a player that Oilers do want (2nd line wing or #5 defender types).

So you'd see something like Lindholm for 2024 1st + Holloway + Brogerg. To me... That's Lindholm for a 1st + two 3rds (proxy). But two younger guys closer to NHL ready of course. Not that the Oilers need Lindholm, just making a trade that makes sense value wise. I suspect the Oilers would look to add a Tanev before a Lindholm. There I'd do something like 2024 1st + Bourgault for Tanev. That's more like a proxy for 1st + a 4th rounder for Tanev.

Poor takes here. You're talking like you're an expert on Oiler prospects and you're not.

Broberg is D+5, has had ample NHL looks and appears to be a #7 AHL/type

The knock on Broberg is that he has been hurt and the Oilers have stunted his development with bad usage. He hasn't had ample looks. He barely dressed when he was up here and didn't get much in the way of minutes when he did. Oh and sure play him on the right side while you're at it. Maybe an article by someone who has seen him play and has a very objective take would help:

Edmonton Oilers Prospect Report: Setting the record straight on Philip Broberg

Holloway is another guy that hasn't shown anything at the NHL level.

Holloway has been hurt. Twice. If you want to comment on his durability that's fair. He's been really good for the Oilers since returning from his last injury.

Holloway impressing Edmonton Oilers after two months off due to injury

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
I’m talking about Broberg. He sucks. Turnover machine. I’ve seen him play plenty.

Holloway. I don’t see him doing much out there. Not a bottom six style player. Not skilled enough to play line 2.

Of Broberg, Bouegault and Holloway, the latter would hold the most value IMO. The middle guy the least.

Holloway isn’t someone I’d trade if I was the Oilers. I’d let him have some run before I made a call on him.

Why is anyone even bothering replying to this guy. Clearly has no clue what is reality and just spewing hate and bulllsit

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Why is anyone even bothering replying to this guy. Clearly has no clue what is reality and just spewing hate and bulllsit

There are some valid criticisms of Broberg, Holloway and Bourgault to be made. Both Holloway and Broberg have missed a lot of time on the LTIR. This has stunted their development and calls into question their durability. Fair.

Bourgault hasn't lit the AHL up but it is his first full year in a men's professional league so let's see how he handles it. Fair.

I think there is still a good player in Broberg. I don't think the Oilers have handled him especially well. This has been an issue with this organization for a long time and it is disappointing to see it happen again. Currently he is playing big minutes in the AHL which is exactly what he needs. He's looked good doing so. I actually hope the Oilers DON'T move Kulak and leave Broberg in Bakersfield for the rest of the year. Let him play 25 minutes a night and get confident. He'll get better at his decision making. Once the game "slows down" for him he'll be a solid NHL defender.

Holloway has already looked good here. He's set as an NHL forward. I don't think any Oiler fans have any concerns with him at all.

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
There are some valid criticisms of Broberg, Holloway and Bourgault to be made. Both Holloway and Broberg have missed a lot of time on the LTIR. This has stunted their development and calls into question their durability. Fair.

Bourgault hasn't lit the AHL up but it is his first full year in a men's professional league so let's see how he handles it. Fair.

I think there is still a good player in Broberg. I don't think the Oilers have handled him especially well. This has been an issue with this organization for a long time and it is disappointing to see it happen again. Currently he is playing big minutes in the AHL which is exactly what he needs. He's looked good doing so. I actually hope the Oilers DON'T move Kulak and leave Broberg in Bakersfield for the rest of the year. Let him play 25 minutes a night and get confident. He'll get better at his decision making. Once the game "slows down" for him he'll be a solid NHL defender.

Holloway has already looked good here. He's set as an NHL forward. I don't think any Oiler fans have any concerns with him at all.
Oh of course, criticism is valid. But if your gonna come in just to atta k a player at least don't lie

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015

he’s not good enough to be in your lineup. Don’t need to make up lies about why he’s still in the AHL. It’s because he’s not an NHL level player.
The AHL teams opponents facility pipes broke so they didnt play for like a week and half after he got sent down. It thanks for proving buddies point that you don't verify your opinion.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
That posters existence is just to bash other teams while laying in his Avs pyjamas.. "Mom! I want more cheesy poofs"
Yep. There's some regulars in here that love to make this kind of "contribution".

With regards to the subject at hand, the Senators are better off waiting to see if Korpisalo's stats improve. The team record in the last 10 games I believe is 6-2-2, so looks like Jacques Martin/Alfredsson's coaching is ostensibly starting to take effect. If they trade now, they are trading at a low point.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I'll keep Korpisalo who can get hot for stretches as opposed to Campbell who is a hot turd.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I'll keep Korpisalo who can get hot for stretches as opposed to Campbell who is a hot turd.
I think Campbell has been playing very well lately in the AHL( I heard a .930 sv% in his last 5 starts)
He was also very good in the playoffs last year.

I've reserved myself to the fact that Campbell will be an Oiler in April. Bought out, or traded with pieces to SJ(for example) in the postseason
If Mrazek can be moved for the cost of moving down a dozen spots in the draft, then JC can be moved as well

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

I agree with you on this. I've wanted Broberg to steal away Kulak's spot, but truth be told, Broberg playing 25 mins a night in Bakers and Kulak here till the off season makes the most sense. The teams just playing too well to start messing with the D pairings and the team chemistry. Now obviously if we are talking a huge D upgrade, that's different, but not to create a spot for Broberg at this point. Off-season, sure. Now, no. The teams putting a terrible start behind them and playing like they want to be seen as serious contenders. That's not the time to make that move.

Someone else I was in discussion with (not on here) convinced me that dumping Kulak at this point isn't worth the risk/reward outside adding a Ekholm calibre upgrade. My thought was move Kulak for cap space, bring up Broberg and trade for Monahan with cap savings from Kulak. I still want to find a way to add Monahan. His contract is cheap enough that with retention we could fit him in at a guy like Derek Ryan's expense.

Last edited:
Reactions: McSuper

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Campbell for Korpisalo

garbage for garbage, trash for trash

Will a change of scenery help them? Probably not

Will Edmonton risk that extra year of term to have a potentially more capable backup if skinner falters? Also probably not

Discuss
I think Edmonton has their goalie in Skinner. They may look to add a cheaper back up and buy out Campbell. I can not seeing them doubling down on another high risk tender

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

He been in the line up and has looked very good. Also there no time line for injuries but I guess you know more than the doctors. Please tell me how long I will have to rehab my bulge disc in my neck for ? My doctor can not tell me and they say it may need sugery but you being an expert on recovery times I hoping you can shed some light on it.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

You sure must love the Oilers as you always claim to watch so many of their games. It nice you have come over to the light and turned away from the dark side. remember your training here it can save you. Come on down. McJesus will wash away your sins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad