Proposal: EDM OTT

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I wouldn't be giving up on Holloway or Bourgault yet. Broberg different story. Look at Zary, 36 points first year in the AHL. Looks like a nice 2nd liner now.

Broberg has had his chances and lots of development runway. If you can get the equivalent of a 2nd or 3rd round pick in value for a rental you do it.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Campbell & Korpisalo are comparable goalies - only difference between them is that Jack got demoted for being trash. I think Ottawa is better off with 5M per for 3 years versus 4M per for 4 years. The Oilers technically save money on their backup doing this (3.875M buried cap hit for Campbell plus the cost of a backup). Korpi is younger and has a chance to bounce back with a stronger team.

I would do this trade if the Oilers got Tarasenko at 50% retention at a good price with the deal

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Korpisalo isn't a great goalie, but he's also not guaranteed trash every night. His issue is he's not consistently good, which is also why he only got 4.000 in 2023, which is barely starter money. He lets in bad goals sometimes, which kills the momentum for his team. Ideally, he's a guy you don't rely on heavily.

In front of a team that can play D, he's going to put up better numbers than Campbell would. On the 2023-24 Sens, neither will do anything positive worth noting.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Right now both Korpisalo and Forsberg have an .889 save percentage. And Sogaard an .825.

And my eye test tells me that Ottawa has too many players that are entirely indifferent to playing without the puck. They go tire fire real quick.

I know what Korpisalo is capable of. On a technical level, he's an excellent well trained athletic goalie, with an occasional puck tracking issue. Then you compare him to Campbell who is a total mess and looks like shit.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Right now both Korpisalo and Forsberg have an .889 save percentage. And Sogaard an .825.

And my eye test tells me that Ottawa has too many players that are entirely indifferent to playing without the puck. They go tire fire real quick.

I know what Korpisalo is capable of. On a technical level, he's an excellent well trained athletic goalie, with an occasional puck tracking issue. Then you compare him to Campbell who is a total mess and looks like shit.
I'm not defending Jack Campbell because he sucks but damn this post is the definition of having your blinders on and being hella biased. I couldn't imagine ever having this level of bias. Only Korpisalo's mom could post something like this

look at Korpisalo's career stats... the season he is having is very normal for him

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm not defending Jack Campbell because he sucks but damn this post is the definition of having your blinders on and being hella biased. I couldn't imagine ever having this level of bias. Only Korpisalo's mom could post something like this

look at Korpisalo's career stats... the season he is having is very normal for him

His .877 season was when his hips needed surgery, and he looked completely different. His athleticism was gone.

Is he capable of having an .890 healthy season behind an atrocious D? Yes that has also happened before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad