Confirmed Trade: [EDM/OTT] Tyler Ennis for 2021 5th round pick

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
The thing is...Nate Thompson fills a clear role there.

Ennis...he's one of those, "produces well on a bad team" sort of players. Though in the case of Edmonton...they've obviously got extremely limited cap flexibility, and it's not like they're loaded with quality wingers ahead of him i guess. Maybe it works out somehow. He's just not the sort of "depth" most teams are looking at for a playoff run, because he's going to be a tiny offensive player out of their element in real bottom-6 minutes and role.

I get why we wanted a guy like Nate for the PK, but with Grant it just seems redundant. Would have liked one of Grant/Thompson with a guy like Ennis. But oh well.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Guy's slaying, I don't get why he would only be worth a 5th.

Completely overlooked. He was a really good for Ottawa. Wasn't much of a market. Want to point out Edmonton fans wanted no part of him a couple months ago.

Reactions: LeProspector

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Ennis is a tenacious little bastard.

I really enjoyed watching him in ottawa. Thought he woulda gone for more than a fifth, but if thats the best offer you take it over nothing.

He's the kinda depth player that every team in the league can use. He's not gunna look that good every night, but he's always out there trying.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think its just as important to not overrate him after a game

you may be in trouble if he is on your first line then again it is Mcdavid he is playing with

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I think its just as important to not overrate him after a game

you may be in trouble if he is on your first line then again it is Mcdavid he is playing with
You don't need to be fast to be on McDavids line. You just need to be smart and have a nose for the net.
Ennis would do better than AA on Oilers top line IMO.

He might be able to mentor Yamamoto as well. Both similar styled players.

Agree that he should not be overrated after a good game. I am sure he will go for stretches where he won't be producing points.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Because Dorion gets fleeced in 9/10 of his trades.

Goodness gracious, that's not it at all. You think Dorion didn't make it plain and clear that Ennis was available? You put the blame on the dead wrong people on this one. It's the GMs around the league that didn't do their homework at ALL on this one.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I kinda wanted the Flames grab Ennis, especially for a 5th jeez thats a good deal, he may not live up to his potential but I'd say if he goes above .45 ppg for the remainder of the season it'll be good, goes above. 5ppg in the playoffs and you will continually hear from oilers fans how much you got ripped off etc...

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Sure it was just a tiny sample size, but Ennis wasn't just good in his first game, he was fantastic...not at all what I expected, to be honest :)

I have no idea why people are surprised. Ennis has always been a very good player. It took him some time to bounce back from injuries, but he's very skilled and a great skater. He can be quite effective as a top 6 winger, he just wasn't used in that role in Minnesota or Toronto.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Although we lost in OT I think the Oilers have yet to show us what they can do with these new players. They are missing Neal, Kassian, Yamamoto and Klefbom and Russell. That's 3 top 6 forwards and our #1 D and Russell.

When healthy this team can take the Pacific.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Seems like he could be a great mentor for Yamamoto as well.

Smaller guys who go all out every single shift.

Very impressed with what Ennis brought yesterday, let’s see if it continues. No reason he can’t catch lightning in a bottle playing with McDavid, as we saw yesterday there is legitimate chemistry between AA-McDavid-Ennis. They were flying out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad