Confirmed with Link: EDM/OTT - Hemsky for 3rd in '15, 5th in '14

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
The defenseman we need will require a roster spot and $4-6M/year. That would have been easier to accomodate with a spot cleared and $2.5M in extra cash. Phillips, Cowen or Greening will probably have to go to clear some budget room.

I've always liked Phillips and would prefer to reward a good solider, but this defense isn't even close to being good enough and having Phillips compete with 4-5 other bottom pairing d-men to fill it out behind Karlsson-Methot won't make it better.

Phillips has a full NTC for the next two years. He won't want to leave his family and business.

I want to see Claesson up IF he can make it. Borowiecki is on a one way. Wikstrand should get an invite as well.

Karlsson - Methot
Phillips - Ceci
Cowen - Borowiecki
Gryba - Wiercioch
Wikstrand - Claesson

is what we are looking at. Phillips in the Top 4 is an anchor to drag us down.

If we are not going to play Wiercioch and develop him we should get him to Denver with a package for O'Reilley. Would a DaCosta, Cowen, Wiercioch get O'Reilley?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
No. Just no.

Going forward probably.

In the past "no. Just no"

And comparing their careers "no. Just no"

But if you said "we sign one player to a 2 yr 10 mil this summer, who do you pick?" I pick hemsky. Even a 1 yr 5 mil this summer I pick hemsky. The 12? Year difference makes a difference.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
He drove 3 hours to get to the first game, so he gets a pass for not doing much. But 6 points in 2 games since is pretty amazing. It is like Spezza and Hemsky are putting the team on their backs and trying to will them into the playoffs.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Is it really that easy blaming a guy for being inconsistent when he's basically had nothing to play for for YEARS?

I would lose work ethic too if I was on the oilers and I missed the playoffs year after year.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Phillips has a full NTC for the next two years. He won't want to leave his family and business.

I keep seeing people post this, but it's completely false. He has a 10 team NTC, same as he had on this contract.

Hemsky is a pure rental. No room for him w/ what's coming up from Binghamton.

uhhhh no.

We definitely have room for a skilled NHL player before tweeners who know one is sure will ever play 100 games in the NHL.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
Hemsky is a pure rental. No room for him w/ what's coming up from Binghamton.

There's some decent prospects in Binghamton for sure, but they are more along the lines of the next Smith, Condra or Greening. There's no stars - maybe Puempel can be Michael Ryder.

Hemsky is a good player and we don't have anyone on the horizon with his offensive skill.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
The prospects in Bingo ideally will be pushing the Condras, Greenings, Neils and Kassians out of the lineup. Then maybe we'd have a better balanced line up instead of seeing the stink that is the GSN line.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Man... if only he scored with 1 second remaining.

Watching Hemsky play has brought tears to my eyes.

That talent.... this is the Hemsky I remember and loved.

#RESIGNHEMSKY2014

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad