Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Oilers re-sign Ryan Strome (2 years, $3.1M AAV)

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Solid contract IMO.

I thought he would've come in at around3.5-4 based on the Derek Ryan deal the Flames gave out.

Strome's still only 24 ..and has finally bought into being a 3rd line guy...hes only gonna get better there IMO

Reactions: ivanlwan and 780il

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
In the last half of the year I think he started to find his path as a strong utility player. Something that regularly happens when a guy leaves his first team, after not living up to "potential". Admittedly I usually watch it happen in the other direction for the Oilers, but would be okay having it happen in the other direction.

Reactions: bucks_oil and A91

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I like Strome, if he plays to the level he did the last 20 games or so of the season when he settled in as the Oilers third line center and good on the penalty kill, its a good signing.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
None. I was happy he was gone the day they traded him and I’m still happy. Where his cap space was used, not as happy about. Lol
Exactly the same here. I did not even want to watch the Oilers the next season if Eberle was still on the team. Was so happy he was gone. I agree, the problem was not using the cap space to try and improve the team.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
lmao at people bringing up Eberle.
no oilers fans miss him. Hall on the other hand...
Wrong, don't speak for a good number of oiler fans.

The day we got rid of eberle after getting rid of hall i said the oilers will be looking for a 25 goal 50 point winger for the next 5 years now.

Reactions: skallin and Jamin

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Couldn't have kept both even if we didn't sign Lucic. Could have kept one though, you're right about that. If Lucic bounces back, I'd rather have him than Eberle though.
I think a competent gm makes it work. If you remove Larson, storme, Russell and lucic that’s close to 20 million?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
At $6M per to ride Barzals coat tails and still end up out of playoffs.

He's been a 60 point scorer his entire career. It doesn't matter who he plays with. He's consistent and has been one of the top scoring RW's in the league during his career.

FookinPuck

Nov 16, 2017
He won't be a UFA? Thought it was 27 or 7 years pro. Can someone explain the 7 years thing if that's not the case

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad