Proposal: EDM/NYR

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Oilers: 2018 2nd 2019 1st and 3rd, Kassian, Strome
For
Rangers: Namestnikov, Kreider,

Rangers gets more pieces for their rebuild, Oilers get pieces to win now.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Oilers give up a lot of quantity.

But honestly I think they give up a lot.

Names isn’t worth a 1st.

And that leaves a good young 3C, a good 4th liner, a 2nd, a 3rd, and a good defensive prospect for Kreider.

There is too much quantity for rangers fans to be happy, but there is value.

Definitely not like Machinehead would imply.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Helping the Rangers rebuild as it currently stands doesn't come from adding mediocre complimentary pieces. Kreider has the value to bring back a high level rebuild piece and he doesn't get moved unless that is the return, not quantity that suffices in NHL games or for teams with an absolutely baron cupboard that are in a fire-sale. Top 10 pick is where the talks start for Kreider, akin to the Stepan trade last year.

Namestnitkov for 2018 2nd and 2019 2nd would be my counter. Take the rest away unless you wanna start talking bigger pieces from the Oilers.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Do not want Kassian or Strome take them away . A 2018 1st for Kreider and a 2nd and 3rd for Names .

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Rangers pass.
Kreider has taken a leadership role and is still pretty young, his chemistry with Zibanejad is insane and he’s gotten so much better. Point totals don’t tell the full story
You can have Namestnikov for a 2018 2nd though

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
It's widely accepted that a 1st, 2nd and 3rd from Vegas for Tatar was kind of an overpriced but acceptable for a team looking to win now.

Value-wise Tatar and Kreider has to be pretty damn close.

I would say an Oilers 1st would be quite a bit more valuable then a Vegas 1st at this point. So it's goes without saying that the price for Kreider would have to be lower then it was for Tatar or it's a no go.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
It's widely accepted that a 1st, 2nd and 3rd from Vegas for Tatar was kind of an overpriced but acceptable for a team looking to win now.

I would say an Oilers 1st would be quite a bit more valuable then a Vegas 1st at this point. So it's goes without saying that the price for Kreider would have to be lower then it was for Tatar or it's a no go.

I'm not a Rangers fan, but Kreider is a far better player than Tatar.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

If Kreider is worth Tatar I probably wouldn't trade for him. Not with this year's pick at any rate. I wouldn't have given that much for Tatar either. I prefer Kreider actually.

I don't think the Oil can afford this trade. Too many assets leaving without fixing our biggest hole and probably eating up more cap space than we can give up. Kreider would be worth it bit with what we have tied up at C already, I can't see Namestnikov being brought in.

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
If Kreider is worth Tatar I probably wouldn't trade for him. Not with this year's pick at any rate. I wouldn't have given that much for Tatar either. I prefer Kreider actually.

I don't think the Oil can afford this trade. Too many assets leaving without fixing our biggest hole and probably eating up more cap space than we can give up. Kreider would be worth it bit with what we have tied up at C already, I can't see Namestnikov being brought in.

I mean I dont think there's a trade here to be made either. Not at the price Rangers fans would like. And we don't have enough prospects that NYR would be interested in if we added

Reactions: wafflepadsave

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn

Ok then no go.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Not open to moving Kreider for some spare parts. That first could be worth a lot but it's an unknown. The rest of the pieces I'm just not interested in at all.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Do not want Kassian or Strome take them away . A 2018 1st for Kreider and a 2nd and 3rd for Names .
Not quite.
Atm EDM's 1st is 10ishOA we won't know it's slot until post lottery.
Obviously, Oil like everybody else will keep 1OA Dahlin.

Otherwise, a primo piece can be had but I doubt NY moves Kreider.

Rangers pass.
Kreider has taken a leadership role and is still pretty young, his chemistry with Zibanejad is insane and he’s gotten so much better. Point totals don’t tell the full story
You can have Namestnikov for a 2018 2nd though
This.
I'd consider Zib for less
or Zib + Kreider, but it will have to be massive overpayment

OP = too much lesser pieces.
Not for Kreider or Zib

okay for Namest./Spooner

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I am thinking Namestnikov might be the odd man out unless the Rangers value his Russian-ism, in helping the Russian youth that will be flooding the team in the next couple of seasons.

OP, no deal, not even close. The Rangers could move Kreider but the price would be at least Pulj.+

I don't think he is going anywhere, and don't be surprised if Kreider is named C next season.

Reactions: haveandare

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Not quite.
Atm EDM's 1st is 10ishOA we won't know it's slot until post lottery.
Obviously, Oil like everybody else will keep 1OA Dahlin.

Otherwise, a primo piece can be had but I doubt NY moves Kreider.

This.
I'd consider Zib for less
or Zib + Kreider, but it will have to be massive overpayment

OP = too much lesser pieces.
Not for Kreider or Zib

okay for Namest./Spooner
Price for Zib?

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Price for Zib?
No real reason to deal him unless it's for a proven better player. If you guys are moving Draisaitl, tell us what to add that will work. Otherwise I don't see why they would get rid of him.

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
Not even a little bit. Kreider scores a good bit more, is a better net front presence, and is a great possession player on top of being a physical mismatch for many players in the league.

Your starting point is just not true, they score at the same rate, so you're argument isn't exactly convincing there pal. You're being a homer. If you think they their trade-value on the market isn't comparable you aren't being very objective. I also believe Kreider is slightly better but to say that he's "far better" is most definately a hyperbole. We're comparing a 7th in the draft to a 27th here. The difference in value between Tatar and Kreider isn't that. Especially as he'll come with 1.5 year less term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad