Proposal: EDM - MTL

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Based on what, exactly? The guy’s never broken 60.
And gets destroyed in adavanced stats. For however many points he puts up there are more going in his own net when he is on the ice. He skates in one direction, that’s why his coaches don’t trust him. Habs fans can blame the coaches, yes more than one, all they want but at the end of the day Chucky can’t defend.

Oilers would be nuts to trade 10 overall for him.

Reactions: ivanlwan

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Would do this deal for Max on draft day if no better offers arise....

Trading Galchenyuk makes no sense imo, he has a lot more to show.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Well RNH is a better, more consistent, and more well rounded player than Galchenyuk, so...
Or your just acting very homerish.

Consistency comes with consistent position too, galchenyuk being mismanaged does not take away he’s talent and potential! He’s still 2 years younger than RNH, played less minute, less opportunity to shine, played with lesser talent. Im not saying he’s better and he worth more than RNH, but you are clearly overvaluiein him and undervalueing Galchenyuk, we need more talent like him not less. I have no doubt galchenyuk’s game will mature, will be givin proper chances and will seize opportunity! The chances of a 10OV being even come close to Galchenyuk are slim and the draft history shows it.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I really don't see the Habs doing this unless it's right after the ninth pick is taken and there is someone at ten they really like and feel it is worth sacrificing Galchenyuk for.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Or your just acting very homerish.

Consistency comes with consistent position too, galchenyuk being mismanaged does not take away he’s talent and potential! He’s still 2 years younger than RNH, played less minute, less opportunity to shine, played with lesser talent. Im not saying he’s better and he worth more than RNH, but you are clearly overvaluiein him and undervalueing Galchenyuk, we need more talent like him not less. I have no doubt galchenyuk’s game will mature, will be givin proper chances and will seize opportunity! The chances of a 10OV being even come close to Galchenyuk are slim and the draft history shows it.

We have guys in this thread saying that a guy that has the exact same career high in points as RNH has 80 point upside and I’m the one being a homer? :laugh:

He’s not two years younger either. He’s 24 with a Feb birthday, Nuge is 25 with an April birthday. He’s all of ten months younger.

Some players leave coaches no choice but to play them more, others don’t force their coach’s hand and play suspect defensive hockey. Galchenyuk is offensively talented but as another guy mentioned in this thread his fancystats leave a lot to be desired.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Imagine if the Avs game up on MacKinnon prior to last year? He was a 50 pts player. I guess if you tried to acquire him prior to last year, the value is a 50pts player right? A more talented and healthy roster with a maturing MacKinnon this past season had nothing to do with his progression right? What would the Avs tell you if you tried to acquire him for cheap prior to this past season? Same thing the Habs are telling you right now... We are not trading him for cheap

Come on man, There is lots of potential with a talent like Galchenyuk. His value is not the same as MacKinnon but stapling him as a forever 50pts player is premature at the age of 24. The treatment he gets is like he is age 28 or something.

I hate the 3 year contract the Habs gave Galchenyuk! You want to know why? Cause he will be age 23-26 and he will need a new contract right smack in the middle of his prime years. I expect more maturity from him and the skill is there! We all know it

MacKinnon had a 63 point rookie season and always drove the play on his own. All Habs fans have to say is how unfair his coaches are to him and how bad his linemates are. When does Galchenyuk have to own up and take responsibility for mediocre results?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
MacKinnon had a 63 point rookie season and always drove the play on his own. All Habs fans have to say is how unfair his coaches are to him and how bad his linemates are. When does Galchenyuk have to own up and take responsibility for mediocre results?

I like your one liner about MacKinnon that was 5 season's ago now. In the 3 seasons after, he was a 50 pts player and he broke out last year by playing on a healthier and talented team while he matured a bit more. That's the point, If Galchenyuk played with better talent, he would put up points. A solid example of this is what he did with Radulov (23 pts in 25 games) before his season got derailed with a injury. This also is followed by a very strong finish to the 2015/2016 season where he scored 30 goals. I think it's disingenuous to treat Galchenyuk like Yakupov. Not saying you are in particular but Galchenyuk has shown what type of player he can be and had a very good maturity year last year on wing with Julien as his coach. Not expecting him to mature even more at the age of 24/25 is not realistic IMO.

Why is there interested for him from across the league? It's cause they know the skill is there and there is potential for him to have a break out season at the beginning of his prime years. He's 24, not 28. Habs are not trading him for a low return cause we are giving up in him. That's the point.

If he was on your team, you would value him the very same way

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I like your one liner about MacKinnon that was 5 season's ago now. In the 3 seasons after, he was a 50 pts player and he broke out last year by playing on a healthier and talented team while he matured a bit more. That's the point, If Galchenyuk played with better talent, he would put up points. A solid example of this is what he did with Radulov (23 pts in 25 games) before his season got derailed with a injury. This also is followed by a very strong finish to the 2015/2016 season where he scored 30 goals. I think it's disingenuous to treat Galchenyuk like Yakupov. Not saying you are in particular but Galchenyuk has shown what type of player he can be and had a very good maturity year last year on wing with Julien as his coach. Not expecting him to mature even more at the age of 24/25 is not realistic

Why is there interested for him from across the league? It's cause they know the skill is there and there is potential for him to have a break out season at the beginning of his prime years. He's 24, not 28. Habs are not trading him for a low return cause we are giving up in him. That's the point

Again, it’s a tiny sample size, and you’re missing the point that MacKinnon was always a dominant player who didn’t always get the results he deserved. Galchenyuk looks like a complimentary winger who will be in the 45-65 point range most seasons. That’s a good player but there’s nothing outside of a few short term flashes to suggest that he’s got anything approaching MacKinnon’s upside.

Galchenyuk reminds me of a poor man’s Kovalev. He always left you wanting more too.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Again, it’s a tiny sample size, and you’re missing the point that MacKinnon was always a dominant player who didn’t always get the results he deserved. Galchenyuk looks like a complimentary winger who will be in the 45-65 point range most seasons. That’s a good player but there’s nothing outside of a few short term flashes to suggest that he’s got anything approaching MacKinnon’s upside.

Galchenyuk reminds me of a poor man’s Kovalev. He always left you wanting more too.

It's not a tiny sample size. It's 107 games from his total of 418 while the other 311 games he was a 50pts player (+/-). I'm talking about the 2015/2016 season and the first 25 games of the following season where he played with Radulov. This at the age of 22/23

Kovalev from the age of 25-31 was a very dynamic offensive force

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It's not a tiny sample size. It's 107 games from his total of 418 while the other 311 games he was a 50pts player (+/-). I'm talking about the 2015/2016 season and the first 25 games of the following season where he played with Radulov. This at the age of 22/23

So only pay attention to his great results and pay no attention to the other 75% of the time? Okay?

Sounds like you should be dealing him to Dallas then, if he has such good chemistry with Radulov and absolutely no one else he has ever played with, including other good players like Drouin, Patches, and Gallagher...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So only pay attention to his great results and pay no attention to the other 75% of the time? Okay?

Sounds like you should be dealing him to Dallas then, if he has such good chemistry with Radulov and absolutely no one else he has ever played with, including other good players like Drouin, Patches, and Gallagher...

Well, you are moving goal posts now. Do you or don't you agree that a 107 games is tiny sample size? And with Radulov it was only 25 games, not the 107 games. Do you even know who he played with in the other 82 games? Doubt it. Were done here. You are moving all over the place.

Reactions: Deam78

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well, you are moving goal posts now. Do you or don't you agree that a 107 games is tiny sample size? And with Radulov it was only 25 games, not the 107 games. Do you even know who he played with in the other 82 games? Doubt it. Were done here. You are moving all over the place.

‘But 25% of the time he’s on the ice he’s super good you guys!’

You’re the one moving the goalposts, trying to lump a 23 in 25 game hot streak in with a season he shot 15%? The 30 goal season you’re infatuated with looks like the outlier here.

And even still he only had 56 points and as usual couldn’t be trusted with more ice time.

We are indeed done here but it’s because you value Galchenyuk stupidly highly with no real concrete reasons for doing so outside of a hot streak and one good season.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
10th overall for a player who didn't meet his potential from one of the worst draft years I can remember in a long time.
No thanks.
24 y.o already a 30 goal year + 2-50 pt years while being yo-yoed at forward. you-re clueless

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Chucky played probably his best hockey the final 20 games of this season, he was battling hard on both sides of the puck and improved a lot on his defensive play while putting up 17 pts mostly with mediocre linemates so there is ability there but 100% he needs to be able to do that consistently over a full season before he will ever have that value. Picking on plus minus for a team that was -55 overall isn't the best metric to use but he definitely needs to work on that part of the game. Hopefully it carries over into next season and Julien/Bergevin give him an opportunity to succeed

Reactions: thadd

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
I wouldn't do it as an Oiler fan, and i can't see the habs being interested in this either

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
10th overall for a player who didn't meet his potential from one of the worst draft years I can remember in a long time.
No thanks.
It was only considered a bad draft because the 1st overall pick was one of the worst 1st rd picks ever drafted.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Yak was a bad 1st overall, but he's not even bottom 5 worse all time lol
I did say one of the worst. But i'm curious to see who the 5 that were worst.I can think of maybe 2 that were worst.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I did say one of the worst. But i'm curious to see who the 5 that were worst.I can think of maybe 2 that were worst.

Patrick Stephan, Alexander Daige are well known failures.

Claude Gautier, Andre Veilleu and Pegnutti all went 1st overall and never played a single game in the NHL.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
If the price for Galchenyuk is the 10 OA then no team is going to be interested.

The Oilers either draft someone who falls (like if Boqvist or Bouchard) or packages the 10th into something better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad