Proposal: EDM - MTL

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Value favours Edmonton but I pass. Everyone saying that Galchenyuk is a ppg player despite his best total being .70ppg from 2016 when he missed 21 games. I'm sure he could score more with an elite C but he's 24 and entering his prime, so while he could still develop more Id say you have to buy the product not the potential.

He's definetely worth more than 9th, but if im Edmonton I'm using that pick for a position of immediate need. And in my opinion that is not a LW.

Edit: If we still have Yakupov I take it because I'm a fan of reuniting junior lines.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Galchenyuk is worth more than the 10OA. Pretty weak odds that the 10OA becomes better than Chucky. But i agree with some posters. I'd do it only if one of Hughes or Kotkaniemi is still there, which will most probably not happen.
You don't think Kotkaniemi falls to 10? Which of Hughes/Wahlstrom/Tkachuk/Dobson/Boqvist/Dobson/Bouchard do you think falls instead?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Galchy is worth more. Upside of 80points

LOL What??? He has been in the league 5 years and has never come close to being ppg player. Holy hanna!

The only deal i would be ready to make with Edm including Galchenyuk is for Klefbom.

Habs would need to add a piece though.

There are so many things wrong with this statement. Let's try the obvious; the Oilers need an update on D, not a winger like Galchenyuk for Klefbom.

I love the Habs but some fans are delusional.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Yeah ok ans RNH per you was worth more than 3OV.

Alot of logic there.
This

They're 6 pts apart since Chucky came into the league and Nuge averages almost 4 mins more of ice time/game - IF Alex ever gets some respect in Montreal he should be a 65 pt guy just by upping his ice time and some better linemates, he was a PPG player when he got to play C in 2016 prior to getting injured and he looked really good doing it but can't market that as his value

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Galchenyuk is not getting traded for an unproven asset. Forget about it. Plus Galchenyuk had a good development year playing a more mature game on wing last year. I'm not trading him for a cheap return. Pay up or try to get another player from another team for cheap

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Rather keep Chucky. So pass.

This is a bad, bad trade proposal. Montreal should get rid of Bergevin and Julien. Or they should trade Galchenyuk. Knowing Montreal, Habs fans are stuck with a *****ebag GM and a **** of a coach for the next 10 yars. Anyways, I don't see Alex making it in Montreal. He needs a fresh start and a good coach. Screw Montreal, for real.

When has Montreal had a history of sticking with bad management? Most GMs don't last more than a couple of non-playoff seasons.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
so you would keep galchenyuk over the chance to grab a prospect with top pairing potential like hughes then?

There's not much chance that Hughes makes it to 10th, he's probably gone in the 4-6 range.

And Montreal is probably fine keeping on of their top point producers and one of the more efficient scorers in the league over the last 3 seasons over a 10th OA pick, despite his other flaws.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
so you would keep galchenyuk over the chance to grab a prospect with top pairing potential like hughes then?

I think I would. Galchenyuk is a proven top 6 forward, there's quite a bit of risk in trading him for such a raw talent. I don't think Kotkaniemi is NHL ready either but we are starving for C prospects with top 6 upside.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
OP should have just made it Galchenyuk for Kotkaniemi proposal.

Pumping Galy up as a PPG player is homerism at best. We might buy it if you call him a potential 60 pt player.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
OP should have just made it Galchenyuk for Kotkaniemi proposal.

Pumping Galy up as a PPG player is homerism at best. We might buy it if you call him a potential 60 pt player.

The minute the Habs trade Galchenyuk, his value goes up the roof (like Subban). No way we are trading him as a 50 pts player. He is only age 24 and just touching his prime years while playing in a forward group that don't have much skill or depth at center.

I know why other teams are interested in Galchenyuk. Cause they know the potential is there. But you don't want to admit it cause you want to acquire for cheap cause he is not trending well. I prefer to keep Galchenyuk and let him mature more. He had a great 2nd half to last year on the wing and Julien is taking a different approach with him. His game can completely change if we find a top 2 center to play with him.... Other than Danault, DLR, Pleky, DD, or Drouin.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well RNH is a better, more consistent, and more well rounded player than Galchenyuk, so...

Circumstance matters. If Galchenyuk was drafted by a team with depth at center, the story would be different with him. Habs ruined some development years with Galchenyuk cause we desperately needed him to play center. When he struggled, he was thrown under the bus.

RNH is not that much more consistent but he does play a better game at center. However, both players are just touching their prime years and we can expect more maturity and improved production

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
The minute the Habs trade Galchenyuk, his value goes up the roof (like Subban). No way we are trading him as a 50 pts player. He is only age 24 and just touching his prime years while playing in a forward group that don't have much skill or depth at center.

I know why other teams are interested in Galchenyuk. Cause they know the potential is there. But you don't want to admit it cause you want to acquire for cheap cause he is not trending well. I prefer to keep Galchenyuk and let him mature more. He had a great 2nd half to last year on the wing and Julien is taking a different approach with him. His game can completely change if we find a top 2 center to play with him.... Other than Danault, DLR, Pleky, DD, or Drouin.
No. His value would go up if he actually played like a PPG player which very much up to debate.
As an Oilers fan i had very similar hopes from Yakupov. That did not turned out so well.. We also had the same fears that Eberle's value is going to take off once he is out of Edmonton. It did for a while but is back to the same.

Galchenyuk is 2 yrs away from UFA status. You can project his value all you want but no GM is going to give up a return based on a PPG Galchenyuk.

Reactions: ivanlwan

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Based on what, exactly? The guy’s never broken 60.

He needs talent to play with. With Radulov he had 23pts in 25 games and then his season got derailed by a injury. There has been flashes where you see the offensive potential. Julien will help him become a more mature player but at the end of the day, he needs support and skill around him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No. His value would go up if he actually played like a PPG player which very much up to debate.
As an Oilers fan i had very similar hopes from Yakupov. That did not turned out so well.. We also had the same fears that Eberle's value is going to take off once he is out of Edmonton. It did for a while but is back to the same.

Galchenyuk is 2 yrs away from UFA status. You can project his value all you want but no GM is going to give up a return based on a PPG Galchenyuk.

Hope from Yakupov based on what he has done at the NHL level vs Hope from Galchenyuk based on what he as done at the NHL. Not the same type of hope. Lets look at the two best forwards from the 2012 draft year...

Forsberg:
- 331 games
- 255 pts
- 117 goals

Galchenyuk:
- 418 games
- 255 pts
- 108 goals

Galchenyuk's development has clearly been affected based on the Habs hunger for a #1C. Imagine if the Habs drafted Forsberg and the Preds got Galchenyuk. Who would have better stats today? :sarcasm:

Reactions: LEMELINI

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He needs talent to play with. With Radulov he had 23pts in 25 games and then his season got derailed by a injury. There has been flashes where you see the offensive potential. Julien will help him become a more mature player but at the end of the day, he needs support and skill around him.

Everyone has flashes of greatness, it’s the ability to do it consistently that sets the 80 point players apart. I mean Ty Rattie had 9 points in 14 games with us but no one is pencilling him in for a 60 point season next year.

Reactions: ivanlwan

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Everyone has flashes of greatness, it’s the ability to do it consistently that sets the 80 point players apart. I mean Ty Rattie had 9 points in 14 games with us but no one is pencilling him in for a 60 point season next year.

Imagine if the Avs game up on MacKinnon prior to last year? He was a 50 pts player. I guess if you tried to acquire him prior to last year, the value is a 50pts player right? A more talented and healthy roster with a maturing MacKinnon this past season had nothing to do with his progression right? What would the Avs tell you if you tried to acquire him for cheap prior to this past season? Same thing the Habs are telling you right now... We are not trading him for cheap

Come on man, There is lots of potential with a talent like Galchenyuk. His value is not the same as MacKinnon but stapling him as a forever 50pts player is premature at the age of 24. The treatment he gets is like he is age 28 or something.

I hate the 3 year contract the Habs gave Galchenyuk! You want to know why? Cause he will be age 23-26 and he will need a new contract right smack in the middle of his prime years. I expect more maturity from him and the skill is there! We all know it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad