Value of: EDM moving down in the draft

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As an Oilers fan I would be interested in moving down to nab a guy like Tomasino, and then get a good asset in return. Ideas?
I think your prob Better off movin up from your 2nd, and gettin boldy/pod w/ your 8th pick

How high is tomasino expected to go

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I think your prob Better off movin up from your 2nd, and gettin boldy/pod w/ your 8th pick

How high is tomasino expected to go

Expected to go around 20th, although I view him as a top-15 talent. I would definitely prefer to move up with our 2nd, though. Walking away from the draft with Dach/Turcotte/Krebs/Zegras + Tomasino would be sick.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Expected to go around 20th, although I view him as a top-15 talent. I would definitely prefer to move up with our 2nd, though. Walking away from the draft with Dach/Turcotte/Krebs/Zegras + Tomasino would be sick.
I would do 20th + sprong/ritchie + .... not sure if that is comfortable.

Assuming we cant find buyer for perry

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Chlapik + Harpur + CBJ 1st (17/18/19) - if CBJ beats TOR/BOS then its 28-31, in which case Ottawa would need a much bigger add and probably doesn't do it.

8th for 12th and Zucker is a deal that has been talked before and one that I would do.
I don't know why MIN would do that one... trade Zucker just to climb 4 spots? That's an easy win for EDM. Plus can EDM even take on his cap hit without shedding some of their own?

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Chlapik + Harpur + CBJ 1st (17/18/19) - if CBJ beats TOR/BOS then its 28-31, in which case Ottawa would need a much bigger add and probably doesn't do it.

I don't know why MIN would do that one... trade Zucker just to climb 4 spots? That's an easy win for EDM. Plus can EDM even take on his cap hit without shedding some of their own?

Come on man, that’s awful for the Hawks. The only prospects we have that are remotely move the needle for 8th are Brannstrom, Batherson and Brown.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rangers are your team! We got Winnipeg's pick, plus roster players we could move. And we just got an extra second! Thanks TBay!
The player the poster wants could be gone by the time they use the Jets pick. Where that ends up is still in the air, would have to surely depend on that. But because it's much later, they would want something of real value back. I'm not sure any roster player gets it done outside of Kreider / Buch. (Not including Chytil, Zib)

Reactions: bernmeister

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The trade's always been proposed under the assumption that Turcotte is available at #8, so a lot depends on how likely you think that is.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017

Wild fans usually say they'd do it if one of Byram, Podkolzin, Turcotte, Dach, or Cozens are available. All it takes is one other player being picked ahead of us (Zegras, Krebs, Boldy, Soderstrom, etc) and one of them fall to our pick.

And yes, we should be able to take on the cap hit.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
The player the poster wants could be gone by the time they use the Jets pick. Where that ends up is still in the air, would have to surely depend on that. But because it's much later, they would want something of real value back. I'm not sure any roster player gets it done outside of Kreider / Buch. (Not including Chytil, Zib)

Kreider is available for that pick.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
How does Bjugstad+Pitt 1st for 8th sound?

We got bounced early in round 1 so it’s probably between 16-20.

Side note, is it the first team out that gets the 16th draft spot or how do they determine those spots?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Ding, ding! Exactly. You don't move Zucker to move up 4 spots. EDM would also have to send salary back to MN, and you can bet that it wouldn't be good salary.

Wild would be better off trying to move Zucker for mid first, say 15-23, or a decent prospect and a second, or for someone like Jost, though I Wouldn't like to see his speed on a rival.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Try and get Drouin and #15 for #8. Not sure if MTL is ready to do that, though.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Oilers should keep their pick and draft a much needed Winger.

I had previously said Buch for that pick, hoping to solicit the necessary add, then said okay what about Buch +, still no movement.
Now finally we are talking.
Buch = rfa no immediate cap
Jets 20 something pick
what else if anything

for
8OA
+ what else if anything

possibly but this gets them the W they want at min + a pick

Kreider is available for that pick.
No he is not, and they do not want him as a rental.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Well, if they really want a guy at 8 and know he won't be there at 12, they could do that deal. Zucker only makes 5.5 million. Tobias Reider walking away gets us nearly half way there. Plus, the cap will be going up this year, so between that and Reider, we probably have at least that 5.5 million alone. And that doesn't take into account trades that we make to move salary out. We don't need to worry about what cap space we have now, we have to worry about what cap space we will have after the summer moves are done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad