Pre-Game Talk: Edm @ minny-soda. Apr 12

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Your just a kid if Woodwards was the place!! But we still love ya. :)

No word of a lie, my favourite experience was on Saturday my mom would go shopping and our town still had a FW Woolworths with a food counter and if we were lucky and mom was feeling flush, we could go and share some fries and a malt. And swivel the hell out of those counter stools! Good times greater memories.”.

My dad would often go to Northgate, so that was it. Or, the Rosslyn Inn. Used to get Chicken Bones there a lot.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I did two decades of Crisis intervention among my many job roles. Always stuck to a healthy diet. Agreed its harder with kids and family if they don't want to. I put a priority on food, as healthy fuel.

I live in Millwoods and so source out a lot of places that have decent quality Fruit and Veggies. I was going to places like H & W and Alices Produce before almost anybody was. Both reasonable places. Alices is a small shop with pretty amazing prices. He almost always beats prices of any other suppliers. The Real Canadian Food warehouse on 99st and approx 73ave is another winner for food, veggies, fruit or meat prices. its where a lot of the vendors or small restaurant owners go to. You get better values there than anywhere.

We run a good sized garden here and two freezers. Do some canning as well. Everything cuts down food costs.

What I find critical, to induce people (and single people to cook more) is learning recipes that are freezable. Stuff like soups, Chili, stews, casseroles, most of these you can freeze. So that if cooking for one is a problem then batch cook and just thaw is a good solution so that you don't feel like you are wasting all that effort just for one person. Don't cheap out on the freezerware. Tupperware or other good portion containers freeze well. I like sizes that you can easily fit into a pot for when reheating.

I'm married and almost always do all the cooking. I've always loved cooking. When I was working fulltime and more we would share the cooking load more, but now retired and doing probably 90% of cooking. heh. we both prefer my cooking.

last thing. Always label what goes into the freezer. What it is(food looks much different frozen), when it was prepared, and have a mix of stuff in there that you can take out for variety. If you don't live near a store just go to a place like the Real Canadian warehouse I mentioned and get a lot of stuff and do a cookathon. Prepare several batch meals, use a lot of stuff up, freeze it, then you have it. EVERY meal you make yourself is guaranteed to be better than any TV dinner or frozen meal from a store. Better than any fastfood.

cheers

A relative on a farm recently slaughtered a bull and some sheep, so our freezer is stocked with lamb and beef.

That includes an 8 lb rack of beef ribs lol. I'm so excited. Cooking is awesome.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Your just a kid if Woodwards was the place!! But we still love ya. :)

No word of a lie, my favourite experience was on Saturday my mom would go shopping and our town still had a FW Woolworths with a food counter and if we were lucky and mom was feeling flush, we could go and share some fries and a malt. And swivel the hell out of those counter stools! Good times greater memories.”.

"Stop spinnng around, stop spinning around" Me: Why?

Mom's seem to want to stop having their sons do pretty much anything. Which never stops..

Plus I could never figure out why mom wanted to sit at a booth all the time and I wanted the counter and the swivel stools. Now I kind of get it. I think we argued which was preferable every time.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
"Stop spinnng around, stop spinning around" Me: Why?

Mom's seem to want to stop having their sons do pretty much anything. Which never stops..

Plus I could never figure out why mom wanted to sit at a booth all the time and I wanted the counter and the swivel stools. Now I kind of get it. I think we argued which was preferable every time.
Love Mom.

Reactions: oilers'72

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Sounds like my vegan sister who has lectured me for years on eating habits. Always extolling the benefits of her life style. This spring she almost dies from covid because she didn't do the simple task of getting a shot and then did not go into the hospital until her and her hubby treated her with 'natural' medications.

Reactions: oilers'72

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
I just want to say I had taco bell a few days ago and while it's not something I normally get, the Crunch wrap supreme has actually never disappointed or made me ill. I think it's pretty solid

Reactions: ZJuice

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
A lot of D pairings have had a bad game in the nhl this year. Keith and Bouch had been playing well leading into this game.
I didn't think Bouchard played that badly in last nights game. Still just a rookie taking on big minutes.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I didn't think Bouchard played that badly in last nights game. Still just a rookie taking on big minutes.
-3 last night and gave the puck away on two of the goals. One was just really bad. he has it, just rings softly along boards right to a Wild player. Then for the 2nd time in the night shakes his head all the way to the bench. 62EVGA and counting for a D we're trying to shelter somewhat and move around. The trouble is no D partner is fixing the leak. Bouchard will classically just throw the puck into a spot without even looking. How many times we waiting for. He isn't getting better, I think he's getting overwhelmed. Been saying for months we're doing the same thing we did with Schultz.

Reactions: MessierII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad