Proposal: EDM & MIN

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
EDM needs Klefbom far more than MN does. MN has Suter and Brodin at LHD, and Seeler is a decent, budget friendly option on the 3rd pairing.

What player making 4mill and more would interest the wild? Up front only mcdavid, Nuge and Leon. Oilers have nothing to offer other wise

Reactions: BlackBusa24

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
I can't believe Oiler fans are even thinking about trading their 1st. You guys are 3rd last and will likely finish below LA. At least when Ottawa and Toronto traded their lottery picks they were mid level teams.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, the Wild don't need expensive, injury prone Dmen that would be playing on their third pairing. EDM is like a feral street child...needs everything, and has nothing to give to others.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I can't believe Oiler fans are even thinking about trading their 1st. You guys are 3rd last and will likely finish below LA. At least when Ottawa and Toronto traded their lottery picks they were mid level teams.
For a normal team you would be correct. For a team like EDM, with their spotty record with drafting, and the clock ticking on a couple of phenomenal players, then they would be wise to consider doing something different. It is an option to trade a 1st with top 5(or whatever) protection, you know. EDM needs offensive depth, NOW.

I do think that they would be wiser to chase after Spurgeon. He would tick a lot of boxes for them. Not sure if MN management is willing to move him, but at some point they have to be thinking about the Seattle ED. One of their top 4 is going to be unprotected.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, EDM can't afford to give up any of their decent players, and don't have any cap space to send back only picks and prospects. They might do (just brainstorming, here)Pulju, a 2nd, and Russel/Sekera, as the cap numbers sort of work out. I do think that Zucker is a good player, and MIGHT be an answer for the forward depth that EDM so desperately needs. Not having to give up Klefbom, Bouchard, or Nurse would be key for them.

At this point, MN would be giving up on the season, and hoping that Pulju can be turned into something useful in the long run.

I don't think either team will be crazy about the trade, but realistically, what do they expect? Personally, I would hate to trade our fastest player (Zucker) and have him explode in EDM just like Nino has down in CAR. As good as Aho is, Draisaitl and McDavid are better.

There is something very Raskian about Puljujarvi.

I would advise the Wild stay far away from trading anything of value for Pulju, though unfortunately I don’t know if I trust Fenton to make that call. Time will tell.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I've got a lot of time for Spurgeon. Edmonton could certainly use a player of his caliber. I think he would waive to play hockey in his hometown.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would advise the Wild stay far away from trading anything of value for Pulju, though unfortunately I don’t know if I trust Fenton to make that call. Time will tell.
Ya, you might be right. Why borrow trouble? I would guess that Koivu and Granlund would have all sorts of contacts that could tell them what the story is on this guy, if Fenton has the smarts to actually ask them(doubtful).

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
any ex predators or players from Wisconsin or who played for the Badgers?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Not on the table in any way, shape, or form.

Much as id like Spurgeon our needs up front far outweigh our needs on the back end. I think we’ve got a good foundation on the back end and there’s young guys like Jones, Bear, Bouchard, Persson, and Lagesson knocking on the door. Up front it’s a lot bleaker. Benson and Marody look like legitimate prospects. Yamamoto is boom/bust at this point. Puljujarvi’s pissed off at being jerked around I can’t even blame the kid. Maksimov is scoring in bunches and McLeod is legit but they’re both a couple years out at least.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Any Zucker deal would be Puljujarvi coming back it would be because we think that he's much more of a player than he has showed so far. Whether that's actually the case, I have no idea, but it would be up to our front office to identify that. After the Rask deal, my confidence in them doing so has taken a hit.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Min seems like they still think they can "retool" so this type of deal screams RNH to me. Neither MGMTs are that competent so its really hard to tell how 2 teams who could both make a bad deal at any moment would react in talks with each other.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Nothing to see here Wild fans move along.........
The only player that the Oilers should move with any value is Alex Chiasson and I doubt the Wild have any interest in him.
Picks and prospects shouldnt be moved until the draft

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Value irrelevant. The contracts we need to nearly can't possibly interest Minny.
Like Bazeek said, I think 1st+Sekera is as good base as the two teams are going to find.

The first would probably be top 5 protected I’m sure, or Edmonton’s choice between 2019 and 2020. Something like that.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
This feels like a set up......let me guess, you offer us coffee and we wake up handcuffed to Lucic?

Haha Nooo why would you even think that!
*Hides handcuffs*
*Signal "go away" to Lucic who's hiding behind the corner*

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
After seeing what Coyle got while being on a good contract, I can’t imagine what Zucker would return. I could see Fenton having interest in pulju of Zucker, but I sure hope he doesn’t

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad