Proposal: EDM & MIN

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
MIN is looking at making some moves I was thinking Zucker to EDM.
What would it take get Zucker in EDM. He would look good in EDMs top 6 plus he is signed long term.
picks and or prospects. depends how you view him? having a down year as is the entire team after a career year last year. with his contract are you needing to send cap back?

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
First off this isn't a proposal. This is a 'value of' thread.

I would say Yamamoto and Bear, but it would be tough because Zucker makes $5.5 million per and the Oilers don't have any cap space. Minnesota would have to take back contracts and the Oilers don't have many expirings.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
mn doesnt need yam or bear. they need somone who can put the puck in the net. zucker is decent at it, better than anyone then the oil would trade. so this goes nowhere.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I wouldn't mind sending Zucker to the Oilers, but I have a hard time thinking of what we'd want back. Especially anything that'd work cap-wise.

Edit: I'd do it for Sekera and the 2019 1st. The Oilers, I suspect, would not.

Last edited:
Reactions: BringJordanHome

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
So you want people to propose 'value' for the player coming back, while ignoring EO's extreme Cap contraints?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Money wise. Other than that can not be done

Money has to move, totally agree with you. However the Oilers lose a Zucker - Klefbom trade. They're just too thin on the back end.

At least the team has some good prospects coming. Jones, Bear and Lagesson maybe aren't ready for the prime time yet but they're close. It's good to seem home grown prospects actually do well.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I wouldn't mind sending Zucker to the Oilers, but I have a hard time thinking of what we'd want back. Especially anything that'd work cap-wise.

Edit: I'd do it for Sekera and the 2019 1st. The Oilers, I suspect, would not.

The 1st would be about the only enticing thing they could offer for him other than the three obvious players. In my eyes.

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Money has to move, totally agree with you. However the Oilers lose a Zucker - Klefbom trade. They're just too thin on the back end.

At least the team has some good prospects coming. Jones, Bear and Lagesson maybe aren't ready for the prime time yet but they're close. It's good to seem home grown prospects actually do well.

Deal only makes sense if either Larsson or Klefbom are included.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The 1st would be about the only enticing thing they could offer for him other than the three obvious players. In my eyes.
Yeah, it's hard. I can actually see taking Sekera back to make the cap work: it's a big contract but we could probably ride it out for 2 years and play him on the second pairing next to Spurgeon. It'd allow us to move Brodin for a possible Zucker replacement up front. The defense is worse and more expensive, but it shakes up the forwards a little. It's just hard to think of anything from Edmonton besides the 1st that'd make it worth our while.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I don’t see Tucker being worth a top 5 pick as that is where I see that pick being.
Sekera has looked good in his first game back. Very good with that first pass. We would want Zucker to play with RNH.
Sekera, 2nd and a prospect like Bear/or one of our prospects coming up from CHL.
I don’t see Sekera as having negative value.
Lucic can’t see any GM taking thst contract back.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don’t see Tucker being worth a top 5 pick as that is where I see that pick being.
Sekera has looked good in his first game back. Very good with that first pass. We would want Zucker to play with RNH.
Sekera, 2nd and a prospect like Bear/or one of our prospects coming up from CHL.
I don’t see Sekera as having negative value.
Lucic can’t see any GM taking thst contract back.
I wouldn't say that Sekera has negative value, but it seems like Edmonton's overloaded at LD and needs to shed cap so he'd be a nice one for them to part with. At least that's how it looks from afar. And Minnesota would need some incentive to take him back.

Still, I agree that it's hard to see Zucker and some cap relief being worth a top-5 pick. If our 1st was in the 20's like it usually is I'd offer to add it, but I'm not sure it'll be far behind Edmonton's at this rate. Maybe our 2nd? Probably doesn't work regardless.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, EDM can't afford to give up any of their decent players, and don't have any cap space to send back only picks and prospects. They might do (just brainstorming, here)Pulju, a 2nd, and Russel/Sekera, as the cap numbers sort of work out. I do think that Zucker is a good player, and MIGHT be an answer for the forward depth that EDM so desperately needs. Not having to give up Klefbom, Bouchard, or Nurse would be key for them.

At this point, MN would be giving up on the season, and hoping that Pulju can be turned into something useful in the long run.

I don't think either team will be crazy about the trade, but realistically, what do they expect? Personally, I would hate to trade our fastest player (Zucker) and have him explode in EDM just like Nino has down in CAR. As good as Aho is, Draisaitl and McDavid are better.

There is something very Raskian about Puljujarvi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad