Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
To EDM -
Spurgeon
JEE
Zucker or Nino

To Min -
Drai

I guess my question to EDM fans is - Does this work as a basis or do you hang up if you don't first hear the name Dumba?

Or

To EDM -
Spurgeon

To MIN-
RNH

Thoughts on something like this?

Last edited:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
To EDM -
Spurgeon
JEE
?

To Min -
Drai

I guess my question to EDM fans is - Does this work as a basis or do you hang up if you don't first hear the name Dumba?
I don't think Dumba gets it done, either. The Oilers (and their fans) clearly see Draisatl as a central part of their team going forward.

Reactions: OilerSuperstar17

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
To EDM -
Spurgeon
JEE
?

To Min -
Drai

Or

To EDM -
Spurgeon

To MIN-
RNH

Thoughts on something like this?

First has been beat to death regarding both Spurgeon and Dumba.

Most Wild fans say no to Spurgeon for RNH, i'd venture a guess Oilers fans would be split on RNH for Spurgeon but they can speak for themselves..

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
673.gif

It's almost as beaten to death as the same old tired responses from Wild fans about how valuable our trade chips are that miraculously don't get moved as we exit the 1st round year after year.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
To EDM -
Spurgeon
Zucker or Nino

To Min -
Drai

not a bad offer to the Oilers actually but i fear the Wild fans wouldn't like it. man if the Oilers could score Zucker and Spurgeon for Leon they should go for it !! o_O

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I think I am fine with trading Spurgeon - but I would immediately go after Faulk from the Hurricanes if I did.
I'm not against the idea either, but I'm guessing Faulk probably costs something like Nino straight-up. So the question would be whether RNH is enough of an upgrade over Nino to justify going from Spurgeon to Faulk. I don't think he would be, personally.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
First has been beat to death regarding both Spurgeon and Dumba.

Most Wild fans say no to Spurgeon for RNH, i'd venture a guess Oilers fans would be split on RNH for Spurgeon but they can speak for themselves..
I have no dog in this fight but Spurgeon is a bit of a overpay for RNH

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
i am a fan of Spurgeon but i think he's being overrated here just a bit.

Spurgeon is absolutely an overpay for RNH. He’s not being overrated. He’s a top 30 defenseman in the league.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It's almost as beaten to death as the same old tired responses from Wild fans about how valuable our trade chips are that miraculously don't get moved as we exit the 1st round year after year.

Great quip, it still doesn't change that Drai to MN for one of Dumba/Spurgeon has been talked about ad nauseam and Oilers fans aren't interested, regardless of what I think Dumba/Spurgeon's value is.

So yes, the the beating the dead horse gif was appropriate for the original OP which has been hashed and rehashed a dozen times.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Weird that you would think that. Spurgeon is small and doesn’t hit.
His minutes are relatively tough and his possession stats are not bad and he is a RD.
RNH is a bit overpaid for his production

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
I'm not against the idea either, but I'm guessing Faulk probably costs something like Nino straight-up. So the question would be whether RNH is enough of an upgrade over Nino to justify going from Spurgeon to Faulk. I don't think he would be, personally.

I don't think it would take Nino straight up for Faulk - but even if it does we have depth to replace Nino.

RNH is a young #2 Center that put up .77 pts/game last year and has never put up less than a half a point a game on an Edmonton team that has struggled more often than not during his time with them.

I trade Nino and Spurg for RNH and Faulk and let one of the kids take Nino's role.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don't think it would take Nino straight up for Faulk - but even if it does we have depth to replace Nino.

RNH is a young #2 Center that put up .77 pts/game last year and has never put up less than a half a point a game on an Edmonton team that has struggled more often than not during his time with them.

I trade Nino and Spurg for RNH and Faulk and let one of the kids take Nino's role.
He put up most of those points playing as McDavid's LW, didn't he?

Reactions: AKL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad