GDT: EDM @ MIN - 7 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
It’s either that or the league is conspiring against them. I was reading through their GDT, nothing but bitching about calls or missed calls.

It feels like it has become some sort of habbit against the Wild from a lot of opposing team fans. I mean on paper the Wild shouldn’t be making fools out of anybody yet they are.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Fun fact:
Gaudreau has almost as many points as RNH.

And people wanted to trade for RNH :laugh:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Good for Hartman, and even Zucc for jumping in against Kane. Reminds me of the old Bruins when anyone tried to rough up Orr.

Fo those EDM fans thinking it's a great thing, how would you like it if Foligno started picking on McDavid? There is a code to these things. No one wants a Kaprizov, or McDavid, injured in a post whistle scrum by a goon, or whatever Kane is these days. No one buys tickets to watch E. Kane.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The Brodin/Kulikov pair had a really good game. Talbot was lucky and good. EDM had no answer for the Fiala line.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Hartman did nothing to be sent out for, let alone fined. Kane is just a worthless, lying, slimy piece of human excrement. Only reason he's in the league is because Edmonton somehow finds a way to lose despite having arguably the best two centers in the league. Their modern form is nothing short of a failure when it comes to on-ice performance, conduct, and off-ice decision making. Hiring Evander is just another example of how low they're willing to stoop, and it brings me unspeakable delight to see them fail.

5-1 boys, let's go.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Hartman just kinda makes you like him doesn't he
Easy to do with that cap hit vs production.

Better bargain than even Rolston was.

Hartman did nothing to be sent out for, let alone fined. Kane is just a worthless, lying, slimy piece of human excrement. Only reason he's in the league is because Edmonton somehow finds a way to lose despite having arguably the best two centers in the league. Their modern form is nothing short of a failure when it comes to on-ice performance, conduct, and off-ice decision making. Hiring Evander is just another example of how low they're willing to stoop, and it brings me unspeakable delight to see them fail.

5-1 boys, let's go.
By rule? He jumped in late. Yes, he was defending our star player, but so were 3 other players at that moment, jumping in last like he did is what got him called.

It's fine, he's the one who ultimately got Kane off Kap's back, so i'm good with it.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Easy to do with that cap hit vs production.

Better bargain than even Rolston was.

By rule? He jumped in late. Yes, he was defending our star player, but so were 3 other players at that moment, jumping in last like he did is what got him called.

It's fine, he's the one who ultimately got Kane off Kap's back, so i'm good with it.

I think the reason why Hartman got tossed was showing the finger.

When it comes to the scrum I'd say our top line did a great job to defend each other, Zucc even landed a couple of punches on Kane's nose. Some people think they need a big guy in the middle to protect them, but I don't think we have to worry about that.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

When it comes to the scrum I'd say our top line did a great job to defend each other, Zucc even landed a couple of punches on Kane's nose. Some people think they need a big guy in the middle to protect them, but I don't think we have to worry about that.

The finger would've been unsportsmanlike conduct. This was just a standard misconduct. He was getting it the moment he jumped the pile, just as Evander earned his by jumping Kap in the manner he did.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

Who needs a Space Marine when you can swarm them with Zerg?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
The finger would've been unsportsmanlike conduct. This was just a standard misconduct. He was getting it the moment he jumped the pile, just as Evander earned his by jumping Kap in the manner he did.
The refs obviously understood the situation, and signaled that by giving Kane an extra 2 min. If Deslaurier or Foligno tried the same thing with McDavid, let alone the last minutes of a lopsided game, I'd expect them to get the extra two, also. That is a strong message to the losing team's coach that they aren't putting up with that shit, and that the NHL wants to protect star players from being targeted by goons, or semi goons.

Reactions: TaLoN

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
To put the fine in perspective:
His daily cap hit/pay is $8500, so he lost half a day worth of pay.

So yep, I can see that being worth it to him.
Fines are penalties for poor people.
Pro sports athletes aren't those.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Kaprizov should make out a check to Hartman, who should endorse it and send it on to the league.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I think Kaprizov should make out a check to Hartman, who should endorse it and send it on to the league.
Hartman is getting Venmo from fans including Kane's ex wife to help pay off the fine.

I don't think I've ever seen a Wild time this - fun. Glad Guerin made the choice to jettison Parise, Suter, and Koivu.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hartman is getting Venmo from fans including Kane's ex wife to help pay off the fine.
:laugh:

BTW, it sure is nice seeing Brodin play the Oilers. He really gets up for it... defending skill and speed like that is what he is built for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad