Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Milan Lucic (7 years, $6.000M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Maroon did it just fine and he's not even half the skater Lucic is. Everyone ***** on Lucic's skating, but he's not even a bad straight line skater. He gets where he needs to go quite easily, even if he's not pretty doing it.

Yep.

He's Bowser from Mario Kart though.

Don't make him do stops and starts and he's actually pretty well above average.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
Except that we had a case like that in very recent memory. Remember when Ryane Clowe was one of the best power forwards playing at that time? He fell off a cliff and went from really good to pretty ****ing bad in just a couple years. We saw it start here in San Jose better than anyone. And I doubt I am alone in thinking that Clowe and Lucic are fairly similar players, though obviously Lucic is better than Clowe was. Maybe it won't happen with Lucic, we can't know for sure. But after what I saw with Clowe here, the term on this deal strikes me as very very risky.

You mean the guy who had his career ended by concussions?

How does that relate to falling off a cliff.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Except that we had a case like that in very recent memory. Remember when Ryane Clowe was one of the best power forwards playing at that time? He fell off a cliff and went from really good to pretty ****ing bad in just a couple years. We saw it start here in San Jose better than anyone. And I doubt I am alone in thinking that Clowe and Lucic are fairly similar players, though obviously Lucic is better than Clowe was. Maybe it won't happen with Lucic, we can't know for sure. But after what I saw with Clowe here, the term on this deal strikes me as very very risky.

Hard to compare the two tbh. Clowe was effective for 3 seasons while Lucic has been effective for what 6 seasons now. Can we really even be sure that Clowe's last season in SJ wasn't just a down season similar to Lucic's last season in Boston? Those types of things happen to just about any NHL player where they underproduce from their career norms. At this point we can't even really know for sure because of Clowe's 4 concussions in 2 seasons after that. I'll worry about it with Lucic if/when I see it, but there is plenty of examples of players who fall off after 30, and plenty of examples of players who remain very good players into their mid to late 30's playing a similar style of game as Lucic.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Remember when Scott Gomez was one of the best smaller forwards in the league and his play dropped off a cliff. Maybe that will happen to every smaller player, but we won't know for sure.

Clowe suffered a series of concussions which greatly diminished his ability to play. Using him as an example would be like using Savard as an example for why no small player should ever be signed to a long term contract.

Lucic has also been a much more consistent player than Clowe ever was.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
You mean the guy who had his career ended by concussions?

How does that relate to falling off a cliff.

It doesn't at all but it's a convenient excuse for people to hate on Lucic and the Oilers for signing him to this contract.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
I couldn't care less about a 1 season wonder. Florida is a good team though
Toepick reminds me of Pisani

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
^ this post has been made probably 1000 times since Lucic signed but there is no evidence to back it up at all. It just reeks of a poster looking for something negative to say, so they go with the most said thing.

Plenty of evidence and names have been provided. I've provided evidence as have other posters. It's up to you guys to not ignore it.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Plenty of evidence and names have been provided. I've provided evidence as have other posters. It's up to you guys to not ignore it.

Plenty of power forwards have played well into their 30s.

Maybe the Sharks will keep learning the lesson Polak learnt. The Sharks will hate it when Nurse becomes an alpha dog. It won't be fun coming into Edmonton anymore.

I have you guys as #1 in the Pacific. The Sharks are the Oilers top competition. We have to battle with you first and foremost above all.

Nothing but respect for your team. Love the name especially. Hopefully Nurse responds with another +4 performance against you :yo:.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Plenty of power forwards have played well into their 30s.

And plenty haven't.

I have you guys as #1 in the Pacific. The Sharks are the Oilers top competition.

These sentences are contradictory.

Hopefully Nurse responds with another +4 performance against you :yo:.

I really don't care what Nurse does against our AHL team. I'm not sure why you are bringing him into this thread?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
And plenty haven't.

These sentences are contradictory.

I really don't care what Nurse does against our AHL team. I'm not sure why you are bringing him into this thread?

It's worth mentioning, given your username and picture. Sharks fans generally have an excellent reputation on HF. You sent a goon after a young rookie who beat the **** out of Polak. He finished +4 after your "lesson".

As to your second point, the sentence is not contradictory. I said the Sharks are number #1 and they are the Oilers top competition.

If the Sharks are #1, the Oilers must be at least less than #1? As a matter of propositional logic that statement is true, correct?

So, how would my statement that the Sharks are the Oilers #1 competition be false? As a matter of strict logic, the Sharks as the #1 would make my statement about them being the top competition true.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
It's worth mentioning, given your username and picture. Sharks fans generally have an excellent reputation on HF. You sent a goon after a young rookie who beat the **** out of Polak. He finished +4 after your "lesson".

I think you're in the wrong thread. This is a thread on Milan Lucic.

As to your second point, the sentence is not contradictory. I said the Sharks are number #1 and they are the Oilers top competition.

If the Sharks are #1, the Oilers must be at least less than #1? As a matter of propositional logic that statement is true, correct?

Any team at the top is not the Oilers competition this year. You're getting ahead of yourself. Lets let them make the playoffs first, yea?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Any team at the top is not the Oilers competition this year. You're getting ahead of yourself. Lets let them make the playoffs first, yea?

True. I put the Sharks as public enemy number #1 though after last season. You guys have a good team that we need to conquer before we get anywhere.

YourARumour

Jan 27, 2009
Cheechem
A little off topic but is anyone else out there pumped for the forthcoming battle of Alberta's , finally she's going to be a gooder again.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Does Edmonton play Columbus this upcoming year?

I wanna see Prout vs Lucic lol

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

we're not comparing 32YO Clowe to 28YO Lucic are we?

ignoring the fact that Lucic is the better player, you're basically telling me Luc should be good for 4-5 years of the contract which is what I'm expecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad