Seravalli: Edm looking for toughness? Seravalli " Oilers were interested in Reaves"

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Wayne Simmonds can be had for future considerations, and we know the Oilers love acquiring recent ex-Leafs.
I would've claimed him.
On our cup finals run he was on our 2nd pairing with Jeff Petry. It allowed Petry to focus more on offence.

Since coming back from Injury he's been playing about 20 minutes a night. And while the Habs haven't been Great they are a 500 team. He's ideally a number 4 guy who plays first unit on your PK.
We badly need a good PK defenseman and a solid and physical stay at home guy. I saw that he only has 13 hits in 10 games, is he playing a bit nervous about hurting his back again?

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
your information is out of date, we need help everywhere.

Since Nov 1st we're 28th in 5v5 goals for.
Struggling to get the puck back quickly consistently and up the ice can hugely affect that. They could use help at every position but mobile defenseman with defensive iq is probably the top need

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Like I said there's a bigger gap between Ken Holland and the 2nd worst GM in the NHL than the gap between the 2nd worst and the best.

Ken Holland playing checkers
Ken Holland wouldn't be able to even set up the checkers board you're giving him too much credit.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I would've claimed him.

We badly need a good PK defenseman and a solid and physical stay at home guy. I saw that he only has 13 hits in 10 games, is he playing a bit nervous about hurting his back again?

I think he is prbly being careful since he just got back from injury.

I'd be more concerned if his hits don't start going up over the next 10-15 games.

This trade prbly wouldn't happen until January anyway.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
NJ just handed us our lunch.. who was the tough guy on their team that kept us in check? All I saw was wave upon wave of skill and a hot goalie.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Take out Bourgault. Parayko is around 30 and has a long term contract.

Why would we want Watson?

We're not getting a player like Parayko while trading Barrie for just a 1st. The price, even with his age and term without Barrie is probably a 1st and B prospect.

Adding Watson adds some toughness to the 4th line. Similar salaries, similar term.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
NJ just handed us our lunch.. who was the tough guy on their team that kept us in check? All I saw was wave upon wave of skill and a hot goalie.

Apparently Holland thinks having a guy like Reaves in the lineup would intimidate New Jersey into not skating so fast.

He's playing 3D chess while the rest of us are watching hockey.

Reactions: Czechboy

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Why would you ? I heard that blue line is great from Oilers fans
Did you not read my comment? Are you unable to understand it?

Give it a rest and stop detracting uselessly like you do in every thread. Whatever bone you have to pick with the Oilers, pick it elsewhere and stop projecting your Leafs suck on everyone else.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This sounds like Joel Edmunson no? Solid second pairing stay at home dman who is 6'5 and hits like a truck + can fight.

1 year left after this one at 3.5 million

Does seem like it'd make a fair bit of sense. Kill two birds with one stone for Edmonton. Or at least, make a small dent in two problems at once.

Unfortunately, i think the Chiarot deal last year set the table. That's going to cost a 1st round pick. And that's if Montreal even want to move Edmundson at all. With how young they are on the blueline, i could see them more interested in just keeping him around as a manner of "insulation" and a "leader" on defence.

I do like the sounds of Edmundson in Edmonton though. Really rolls off the tongue.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
721fs5.jpg

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
They don’t need toughness. At least not in a face puncher kind of way. They aren’t a bunch of daisies. The whole bottom 6 tend to sleepwalk through games though. A guy who likes to be the aggressor might jolt this team so maybe that’s why they possibly kicked some tires. Not a high priority though compared to other weaknesses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad