Seravalli: Edm looking for toughness? Seravalli " Oilers were interested in Reaves"

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
I am not sure that Reaves is what the Oilers are missing. I mean, can he play defence? Maybe lay him down lengthwise in front of the crease and have him wave his arms around and scowl menacingly at opposing forwards?

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
If the Oilers want some toughness, the Sharks can provide some:

-Luke Kunin if you need a forward.
-Radim Simek if you need a strong defenseman who hits like a truck.

Willing to take a 2nd for either of them. Or we give you the player and a 2nd and you give us a 1st (an upgrade on the pick).

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Toughness? That’s well down the list imo.
When Nurse, Ceci, Bouchard and Barrie are your top 4 I’d say D is a much bigger issue. (And as a Canucks’ fan I feel I’m a bit of an expert on bad D’s 😆)They need to target a couple of guys who can play in their own end.
Goaltending has also been a big issue with Campbell.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Can I offer you Todd McLellan. He has a good tough Saskatchewan boy with rocks between us years. Kings will give you him free of charge.

In all seriousness I know exactly where Edmonton is coming from being a Kings fan. We have no toughness on our team at all. You guys seen that in the playoffs last year.

It seems like tough guys in the NHlL are rare nowadays and if you have a good one they can really dictate play of game.

I wish you guys luck as we can’t seem to find one.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I was just thinking ‘you know what would help them come back in close games when they’re down? Another player to take ill timed roughing or cross checking penalties’

Have the oilers even been bullied much? I don’t think I’ve noticed that. They need a defenseman

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This sounds like Joel Edmunson no? Solid second pairing stay at home dman who is 6'5 and hits like a truck + can fight.

1 year left after this one at 3.5 million
I don't watch enough of Montreal to know what his level of play is these days. That said, the idea of him is very intriguing to me. Big, tough, physical and defense first defender. If he's healthy and can still play, he would probably be a good fit to pair with Bouchard on our 2nd pairing.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
As a Flames fan I support Edmonton adding Ryan Reeves. I think they should trade Kulak for him.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I don't watch enough of Montreal to know what his level of play is these days. That said, the idea of him is very intriguing to me. Big, tough, physical and defense first defender. If he's healthy and can still play, he would probably be a good fit to pair with Bouchard on our 2nd pairing.

On our cup finals run he was on our 2nd pairing with Jeff Petry. It allowed Petry to focus more on offence.

Since coming back from Injury he's been playing about 20 minutes a night. And while the Habs haven't been Great they are a 500 team. He's ideally a number 4 guy who plays first unit on your PK.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Tyler Myers for a pair of 2nds may just do it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad