Confirmed with Link: [EDM/FLA] Steve Pinizzotto & Jack Combs For Derek Nesbitt & Ryan Martindale

Mentallydull

Jul 3, 2008
Oil Country
For what its worth Pinnizotto is a career minor league RW. My guess is he's included in the deal to replace Pitlick in OKC who will be coming up. Guessing the player getting moved is one of Hemsky, Gagner, or Yakupov.

Hmm, I rather like this line of thinking.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
Has losing made this fanbase dumb?

"Maybe it's one of their big young centers in Barkov or Bjugstad?"

"Hopefully Gagner is going the other way"?

C'mon HFOil. You're better than that. This is a minor league deal with minor league assets. Florida won't be giving us Barkov, Bjugstad, Matthias, or Kulikov. Minor league deals happen all the time. They don't hurt an organization. They're not usually a sign of someone else, nor to deals with minor league players "get bigger." It's a deal for OKC, and that's all it is.

It isn't going to destroy the franchise, nor does it mean that the organization is inept or blind to the issues on the big club.

Some of you expect way too much.

What is this, some kind of logical post? I didn't know that was allowed here.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
What is this, some kind of logical post? I didn't know that was allowed here.

cant believe Mact is wasting his time with this minor league garbage trades when he could be trying to get crosby and doughty for corey potter +

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I would assume this isn't an Oilers trade. The only one mentioned with an NHL contract is Pinizzotto, so he's the only one who can be traded.

A Pinizzotto-for-future-considerations wouldn't be out of the question, I guess.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
2dHNVgS.gif

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
cant believe Mact is wasting his time with this minor league garbage trades when he could be trying to get crosby and doughty for corey potter +

Whoa, whoa; let's not get crazy here. It's going to cost at least Potter AND Larsen for either of those guys.

C'mon man.

I guess Nesbitt wanted out. I don't see much point to this trade otherwise.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden

C'mon HFOil. You're better than that. This is a minor league deal with minor league assets. Florida won't be giving us Barkov, Bjugstad, Matthias, or Kulikov. Minor league deals happen all the time. They don't hurt an organization. They're not usually a sign of someone else, nor to deals with minor league players "get bigger." It's a deal for OKC, and that's all it is.

It isn't going to destroy the franchise, nor does it mean that the organization is inept or blind to the issues on the big club.

Tbh im pretty sure both Matthias and Kulikov is up for grab if we could get something good in return.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
"Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 10m

#Oilers acquire forwards Steve Pinizzotto and Jack Combs from @FlaPanthers in exchange for forwards Ryan Martindale and Derek Nesbitt.
"
(Oilers official twitter)

Looks like it's:
Pinizzotto and Combs
for
Nesbitt and Martindale

Another beauty 3rd round pick (Martindale) wasted. Our scouting has been so bad for too long. Not impressed at all.

Last edited:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I would assume this isn't an Oilers trade. The only one mentioned with an NHL contract is Pinizzotto, so he's the only one who can be traded.

A Pinizzotto-for-future-considerations wouldn't be out of the question, I guess.

Well I'll be damned.

Edit: Ahhh that makes sense. Panthers say Pinizzotto for Martindale, which would be the official trade.

Neilio

Navi-X, Google it
Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
"Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 10m

#Oilers acquire forwards Steve Pinizzotto and Jack Combs from @FlaPanthers in exchange for forwards Ryan Martindale and Derek Nesbitt."
(Oilers official twitter)

Looks like it's:
Pinizzotto and Combs
for
Nesbitt and Martindale

Another beauty 3rd round pick (Martindale) wasted. Our scouting has been so bad for too long. Not impressed at all.

That's true. But we needed to cut bait here. Neither one were going any farther in the system. It would have been nice to get something back other than fringe AHLers. Sideways move at best.

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
Unless the oilers have decided they were not resigning Ryan then this was a dumb trade. A career AHLer for (maybe a career AHLer but a glimmer of hope)

Either way no sleep will be lost.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

no, they are not blind, but they are (or at least appear to be) in denial. they are clinging to this misguided belief that they can keep all of the core players they believe so strongly in, and improve the lineup.

there are two problems with this. 1. if they want to at least compete within the next 2 years, they can't do this without trading a value asset. they can tell themselves they can all day; it isn't happening. 2. if their plan is to just wait for prospect D to develop (which, obviously, it is), then they will not be competitive for at least 3, and probably 4, more seasons which risks losing the will of key players to stay and fans to become apathetic.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
The fact we traded a way a 3rd rounder kind of proves what many have said about MacGregor: If it's not top 10, he's got a **** record

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
For what its worth Pinnizotto is a career minor league RW. My guess is he's included in the deal to replace Pitlick in OKC who will be coming up. Guessing the player getting moved is one of Hemsky, Gagner, or Yakupov.

Not a bad thought. Both Yak and Hemsky are injured now. So I'm betting that lil SS lives to see another day for a while on RW.

Calgary McOilers

Sep 13, 2008
Calgary
The fact we traded a way a 3rd rounder kind of proves what many have said about MacGregor: If it's not top 10, he's got a **** record

It is becoming a sad but true fact. Our scouting stinks. Both Amateur and Pro scouting. Gawd, I hate our Pro Scouting record in recent years...
Beside the #1 picks, this organization is pretty much producing garbage everywhere we look.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Piss poor trade unless Pinozzotto is a guy that they feel can be a good NHL 4th liner here.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Not sure how this helps OKC either:

We are adding a combined 40gp. 6-3-9 with 85pim (67 are from Pinozzotto) and subtracting 60gp. 13-16-29

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
^i don't belive the Oilers were going to re-sign Martindale, so it's good to get something for him.

Unless that something is Pinozzotto for an NHL spot it makes no sense. Combs is older and more useless than Martindale.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Nobody can complain about this, really. I doubt the Oilers were even going to resign Martindale. His effort level is incredibly streaky and when he's on he's a 2nd line center in the AHL at best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad