Confirmed with Link: [EDM/FLA] Steve Pinizzotto & Jack Combs For Derek Nesbitt & Ryan Martindale

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
The only thing that will break on Whitney is a foot.

lmfao

but in all seriousness, the Oilers have given up Dubnyk and Smid for Horak, the goalie kid whats his name- Broissomething, and the UFC champ.. what's his name.. Hendricks, lol. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up something substantial to get this guy. The bar seems to have been set at what fans feel are crappy returns to go through our new system for our over-valued "vets". With the fans calling for Lowe's head, I'm sure they will be dumping guys they can blame it on, and not getting "fair value" in return.

Edit: Sorry I typoed Horvat but it was Horak, close enough, my bad. it's late beddy time. Thx Soli.

Last edited:

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
-If- this happens I imagine this is just a minor league deal. If it was bigger I think some media guy either in Edmonton or out would have gotten a sniff of it by the time Whitney is told and tweets about it.

No media guy in Edmonton even mentioned the Dubnyk or Scrivens deals until they were announced and made final in the morning. I'm guessing those deals were completed the night before but never got leaked.

Edit: Also speaks volumes that none of the media are denying the trade or giving us an idea what we would have given up pick/prospect.

Rawg

Its Rog
Jun 20, 2010
Edmonton
I dont think anyone has called many oiler trade rumours correctly at all, Its always out of left field

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Yakupov for Pinizzotto straight up

The Oilers probably feel they need more toughness in the "skates to the bench faster after hitting his head on the boards" department.

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
From Gregor...

Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor 3m
Minor league trade.. Oilers/Panthers. Hearing #OKC acquires Pinizzotto and Jack Combs from San Antonio for Nesbitt and one other asset.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Oh well, too much to hope for bigger things at this point. Nesbitt definitely has the highest points though, so I am guessing they moved him on to make room for someone else to get the time, like Pitlick (developing players as opposed to 'coaching to win' on the farm).

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So we're losing one of the guys that can actually put the puck in the net in OKC? Alrighty then.....

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
O well that sucks. Florida has a lot of assets we could use on the big team.

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
CiuLIJB.jpg

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Has losing made this fanbase dumb?

"Maybe it's one of their big young centers in Barkov or Bjugstad?"

"Hopefully Gagner is going the other way"?

C'mon HFOil. You're better than that. This is a minor league deal with minor league assets. Florida won't be giving us Barkov, Bjugstad, Matthias, or Kulikov. Minor league deals happen all the time. They don't hurt an organization. They're not usually a sign of someone else, nor to deals with minor league players "get bigger." It's a deal for OKC, and that's all it is.

It isn't going to destroy the franchise, nor does it mean that the organization is inept or blind to the issues on the big club.

Some of you expect way too much.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Has losing made this fanbase dumb?

"Maybe it's one of their big young centers in Barkov or Bjugstad?"

"Hopefully Gagner is going the other way"?

C'mon HFOil. You're better than that. This is a minor league deal with minor league assets. Florida won't be giving us Barkov, Bjugstad, Matthias, or Kulikov. Minor league deals happen all the time. They don't hurt an organization. They're not usually a sign of someone else, nor to deals with minor league players "get bigger." It's a deal for OKC, and that's all it is.

It isn't going to destroy the franchise, nor does it mean that the organization is inept or blind to the issues on the big club.

Some of you expect way too much.

No they're not:laugh:

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Woah huge blockbuster move while I was sleeping. Just hand us the cup now.

To be honest it's kind of sad when I don't know which team is giving up which players... I have no idea who is who and what team they play for.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
we have to take the positives out of this, who cares who we got, at least macT is actually talking to other GM's, something the previous regime didnt do at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad