Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Connor Brown signs with the Oilers (1 years, $775k + $3.225M bonuses)

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I know everyone is really happy with the oilers Hyman signing, but out of all the players the leafs let go that Edmonton picked up they literally only hit on one of them.

The rest have been dogshit. 1 out of 5? 6? Not a good showing.
Outside of Hyman, most knew why those players were on the outs. They are not players you want on a team trying to become a contender

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
If the Oilers found a new home for Connor, the 3.25M bonus would still fall on the Oilers.
I was wondering that as well. I dont think it would. the bonus should travel to the new team. what about taylor raddysh ($758K) for connor brown assuming the bonus is paid by the hawks. + 2nd with a 6th going back.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I was wondering that as well. I dont think it would. the bonus should travel to the new team. what about taylor raddysh ($758K) for connor brown assuming the bonus is paid by the hawks. + 2nd with a 6th going back.
Bonus hits the Oilers. If he is traded his 775K is shared proportionally.

Reactions: Voight

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I wish the Oilers could put him in the minors for 5 or 10 games just to just some confidence and pop in a few goals. He has had some good chances and hit a few posts but nothing is going in for him.

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think the Oilers should put him in the minors for 5 or 10 games just to just some confidence and pop in a few goals. He has had some good chances and hit a few posts but nothing is going in for him.

Probably won't happen given their head coach is also his former junior coach.

I know everyone is really happy with the oilers Hyman signing, but out of all the players the leafs let go that Edmonton picked up they literally only hit on one of them.

The rest have been dogshit. 1 out of 5? 6? Not a good showing.

Holland can always sign TJ Brodie this summer :laugh:

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I think the Oilers should put him in the minors for 5 or 10 games just to just some confidence and pop in a few goals. He has had some good chances and hit a few posts but nothing is going in for him.

Then he gets claimed on waivers and Edmonton eats a 3.25 million cap hit next season, sounds like a perfect Holland move.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
What I would have done is after game 8 or 9 is put him on waivers and if someone claimed him so be it, if not, at least he could have went to the minors and played 10-20 games and at least got to a reasonable playing level before considering calling him up. If he didn't play well, you leave him down there.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Never did I think I would miss the Belanger triangle but Brown might be the worst black hole for offense I have ever seen

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
So his performance bonus was 3.225mil for 10 games played.

After he scored 0 points in the first 9 games why did they not just perma-bench him and save 3.225mil?

Man, I wish I was eligible for a large bonus if I ever f*** up badly at my job.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Just a monumentally stupid move by holland among many.

Then much much worse is doubling down on the stupidity by not seeing this guy was shot by the 9 game point and not stuffing him so the bonus could be recouped.

Insane level of incompetence.

And still worse yet, the guy who is going to likely take over next year has his fingers all over this.

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
Unless they have some bad cap coming off the books next year this was a very questionable move. Especially considering next season might really be the "all in" year.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Man, I wish I was eligible for a large bonus if I ever f*** up badly at my job.
Why did Holland give this bonus? He thought Brown was Gretzky??

Unless they have some bad cap coming off the books next year this was a very questionable move. Especially considering next season might really be the "all in" year.
I thought this year was the "all in year" after McDavid said cup or bust

Just a monumentally stupid move by holland among many.

Then much much worse is doubling down on the stupidity by not seeing this guy was shot by the 9 game point and not stuffing him so the bonus could be recouped.

Insane level of incompetence.

And still worse yet, the guy who is going to likely take over next year has his fingers all over this.
Next year Holland will sign Eriksson and give him a 5 mil bonus if he plays 5 games all year

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Holland was dumb. He could have had pius suter for 1.6 mil per year for similar production or Bluegar for cheaper than connor brown. Heck could have both for the same cap hit as Brown lol. Terrible pro scouting by Oilers

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
So his performance bonus was 3.225mil for 10 games played.

After he scored 0 points in the first 9 games why did they not just perma-bench him and save 3.225mil?
Because reasons!

It’s extremely painful. He has been awful. The play dies on his stick, seemingly every time it touches it.

We had some great 4th line combos recently, and now Brown gets to bring that line down.

Holland is a doofus for not making the bonuses more progressive with points and games played.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Holland was dumb. He could have had pius suter for 1.6 mil per year for similar production or Bluegar for cheaper than connor brown. Heck could have both for the same cap hit as Brown lol. Terrible pro scouting by Oilers
Yeah, but did you see how good Connor squared was in junior ?

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Holland has made two big gambles on Campbell and Brown that have failed spectacularly.

If there is a common thread (besides playing on Canadian teams, which seems to be a common trait in Oilers free agents), it's that they were both terrible in the second half of their most recent seasons before signing in Edmonton. Holland was betting on a bounce back but instead they just kept that declining trend going.

Reactions: Czechboy

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
What happened to him? Did he lose foot speed or something? He was always a solid player who could chip in 15g 15a easily. Now he can't even get a goal playing with McDavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad