Speculation: EDM/DET (Yes, goalies again)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Domingue stinks. I don’t think I’d claim him off waivers.
you're entitled to your opinion, but
it is ignoring reality that
last time he played before last game was with Pens in POs vs Rs and he looked good enuf we snagged him for depth
can't hold vs him he couldn't unseat shesty

looked good vs Wild last nite....

so is yr assessment truly accurate/fair?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
honestly, you must not be watching this year, because we can't even score anymore. We're 27th in the NHL in goals for. Even our powerplay is only mid-pack now. It's all f***ed right now, haha. We'd kill for a guy that could even manage .900 on a consistent basis.
We're out shooting the opposition most games too. They just have lost their finish.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The 1st round pick talk is basically Detroit saying we don't want to trade you Lyon. A mid-round pick will do nothing for us. We know it's not a fair price... but we don't need the goalie like a crack hit. You do.
As Wings fans, we also know from experience that Kenny will easily cough up picks when he is desperate to make a trade. Remember KFQ? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
No but it has been mentioned here in the comments and it will never happen ! :dunno:

We don't want him anyways, he hasn't been on the Oilers radar! :facepalm:

Cool. I didn’t say you did. I’m saying that to show how limited your trade offers are to get material help in net while not having any cap flexibility. Any goalie on Lyon’s level (mediocre) would draw the same response. Teams aren’t going to do you a favor to give you a cheap, decent to good goalie at market price.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
It's one of those tough situations, it would take an overpay because why would Detroit give up on Lyon when Husso has started slow and Reimer has been ok but I mean it's Reimer.

So yeah a 1st, because a 3rd or 2nd for us is nothing. Oilers say no and they should but I mean Wings are also trying to win and having Lyon as a option is better than a 3rd.
You probably already know this, but you're not going to get a first-round pick for a 3rd string goalie who hasn't played a single game all year and only played 39 NHL career games. That is a truly laughable ask.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
You probably already know this, but you're not going to get a first-round pick for a 3rd string goalie who hasn't played a single game all year and only played 39 NHL career games. That is a truly laughable ask.
I do, the Wings have to figure out their own goaltending before helping some other team.

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
Why bother? Just miss the playoffs and automatically win the lottery and get the 1st overall pick.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Here's my logic.

Right now, the wings are carrying three goalies. Ville Husso, James Reimer, Alex Lyon.

Lyon has yet to make an appearance yet this season. My understanding is that he isn't hurt or anything, but the Wings won't waive him because they think he'd get claimed (and they're right).

Holland's favourite trade buddy by far is Steve Yzerman. Edmonton needs to stop the bleeding in net and if anyone thinks Calvin Pickard is going to do that, I want some of whatever you're on.

So, would Detroit be willing to trade Lyon to Edmonton? And if so, what would he cost? 3rd round pick do it?
why would Detroit want or need a measly 3rd round pick to diminish their situation in net when they don't have an obvious starter. Agree with the guy that said the Oil would need to overpay in this situation since they are the ones calling around and in need of a goalie.

The ask from Detroit should be Broberg or Holloway. Edmonton is desperate and GMs know this so they'll throw Holland anvils that make Edmonton hold their nose to execute trades.

We all know, Oiler fans included, other GMs are licking their chops hoping Holland calls. It's going to be very expensive for the Oil to trade their way out of the mess they are in. You know this. And that's not my logic. That is THE logic.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I'd do it for a 2nd. We might need him with how inconsistent our goaltending has been. So idk if a third would be enough. And yeah I know it's an overpay but our goaltending blows and we signed Lyon for a reason.

gach

Aug 2, 2018
Here's my logic.

Right now, the wings are carrying three goalies. Ville Husso, James Reimer, Alex Lyon.

Lyon has yet to make an appearance yet this season. My understanding is that he isn't hurt or anything, but the Wings won't waive him because they think he'd get claimed (and they're right).

Holland's favourite trade buddy by far is Steve Yzerman. Edmonton needs to stop the bleeding in net and if anyone thinks Calvin Pickard is going to do that, I want some of whatever you're on.

So, would Detroit be willing to trade Lyon to Edmonton? And if so, what would he cost? 3rd round pick do it?
I don't thing Oiliers should trade with Wings anymore as Yzerman always takes advantage of Holland

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
IMO there is an easy fix available for oilers if they want to implement that.

For the next 5 games they should forget about the 2 points and just focus on playing defense. Get their defensive structure sorted out such that good defense becomes second nature/automatic and then things will fall into place as they have enough offensive skill.

Giving up goals deflates a team/player(s) mentally so even offensive IQ takes a hit. Get defense working first and forget about winning games for next 5. Their goal should be to not allow more than 2 goals in the next 5 games and work at it hard.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
alright alright, we will take a RNH for lyon and petry. Stop twisting our arms...jesus relax we'll do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad