Proposal: EDM-COL

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I don't understand how this helps Edmonton put more pucks in the net.
This trade potentially sets us back another 2-3 years.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It's a complete overpay by Edmonton but the Avs have no interest in trading Makar even for an overpay. He's got a genuine shot at being a #1 defenseman - something the Avs desperately need. And that's simply a lot of assets for the Oilers to give up so certainly respect Edmonton fans saying "what the heck" as well.

SenatorJoey

Jan 15, 2019
To COL: Nuge, Bouchard, Chiasson

To EDM: Kerfoot, Makar

While it’s highly unlikely the Avs would want to part with Makar, I’m hoping this is the type of overpayment that gets it done. I feel the gap between Nuge and Kerfoot is greater than Makar and Bouchard. With that said, Makar is closer to being NHL ready and more dynamic than Bouchard which the Oil need desperately (ie: not playing Russell in the top 4 and send Benning to the moon). The move forces Drai to play 2C permanently (where he should be to truly earn his contract). Kerfoot could be a good 3C.

The Avs already have Barrie and EJ on the right side, so they could afford to give Bouchard the necessary year in the AHL. Nuge gives them a high end 2C with good 2 way play and versatility - could also play LW with Mackinnon should they continue to experiment Soderberg in between Rantanen and Landeskog. Chiasson is a cheap impending UFA who has proven a capable middle 6er, a modest sweetener if the Avs are playoff bound.

I think EDM should keep Bouchard if they know what's good for them

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I mean if Makar is traded it will still fit my avatar but from me Makar is a no go.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Oilers want a winning product and the inclusion of RNH is an overpay. Makar could possibly become EK which has a far higher upside than Bouchard. The addition of RNH is just too much to offer.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
This deal sucks we should think bigger.
McDavid for MacKinnon + Rantanen

RNH-MacKinnon
Draisaitl-Rantanen

How's that for a 1-2.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
This deal sucks we should think bigger.
McDavid for MacKinnon + Rantanen

RNH-MacKinnon
Draisaitl-Rantanen

How's that for a 1-2.
If the Oilers traded McDavid there would be riots in Edmonton. Can you imagine what the state of the franchise would be if they actually felt as though they needed to trade the best player in the world to actually make up a decent roster? What a mess

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
If the Oilers traded McDavid there would be riots in Edmonton. Can you imagine what the state of the franchise would be if they actually felt as though they needed to trade the best player in the world to actually make up a decent roster? What a mess
Edmonton handled trading Gretzky, they can handle a McDavid trade. Question is do you think the team is better with MacKinnon + Rantanen or McDavid? I think they're a better team with the 2.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Overpaid from the Oil here. Plus it’s not a trade that helps in the short term or long term, so why?

I don’t think these two are the best trading partners, as the top thing COL needs is depth scoring. Not really something EDM has (like at all).

From an Oil perspective (and keeping things somewhat realistic), I’d be interest in Barrie IF the Avs decided they were willing to move him for picks and prospects (1st, Jones, + salary, ect), but I don’t see that as likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad