Proposal: Edm-Col-Ana

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If thats the case, pouliot wouldnt be a 40point 3rd liner when he was in NY. If you are suggesting that he somehow got better as a player, sorry to break it to you but he didnt.

3 years ago is more important than the last 2 years now? He obviously did get better once he came to Edmonton. Or perhaps he was simply misused before.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
3 years ago is more important than the last 2 years now? He obviously did get better once he came to Edmonton. Or perhaps he was simply misused before.

Or he is playing with offensively gifted players, which is the most logical reason as to way Pouliot's PPG has increased (since his actual point total is still below 40 points).

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Or he is playing with offensively gifted players, which is the most logical reason as to way Pouliot's PPG has increased (since his actual point total is still below 40 points).

Yeah look at Maroon on the Oilers 8 goals 6 assists 14 points in 16 games. Played with good offensive players on a team that isn't good and produces. Pouliot came to Oilers got to play with some good offensive players on a team that isn't good and produces at a better rate. Pouliot could come to the Ducks and not be able to handle the pressure of playing for a good team in meaningful games and have his PPG drop. Regardless don't want him on the Ducks.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't understand Anaheims need's at all it seems. On one hand they have an internal cap and cant take on money, so a player like Hall was to much money even though they need a left winger, yet if you offer them futures they are in win now mode. You guys do know players cost money and you won't get cheap stars to fill that need right.

You know not every player that could help us win is getting paid 4m+ right?

It's not like the only options available to Anaheim are players out of their price range and futures.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It's just a silly argument that goes to show what the rebuild through the draft decade has done to the mindset of some Oiler fans. The time has come that if Edmonton is serious about being a playoff team with this core that they can't be reliant on the draft anymore. That first rounder is a tradeable asset. The top 5 protection is absolutely absurd and I'm not even sure protection itself is the right term, conditional first round pick. Another poster in this thread put it best when he said it's time for Edmonton to put on their big boy pants. When you trade a first round pick you run the risk of it being high if your team didn't perform well. Everywhere I look I see Edmonton fans saying this is finally Edmonton's year to qualify for the playoffs. Well then top 5 protection sure aint necessary then is it?

I agree with you fully.

If we move our 2017 1st it must carry the risk of that pick being a lottery pick. Otherwise, what is the incentive for our trading partner? Ideal trades consider the interests/needs of the other party as well as our own self-interest.

I'm done with magic beans. We have a new era upon us. This is Connor McDavids team 100%, he is the leader and the sole piece we build around. If we need to sacrifice a 2017 and/or 2018 1st (unprotected) to give him the pieces he needs, so be it. I do it in a heartbeat.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
No thanks. If we take on a non exempt player such as Barrie , a non exempt player has to go back (plus whatever picks to even it out) If they want Sekera plus picks then fine.

We could do Eberle plus picks too but even then we would have to go to a 4 plus 4 forwards list which leaves guys like Yak, Maroon, Kassian and others vulnerable . Add in the money Barrie wants and to me its a dead issue.

We made our play on Larsson. I dont think we trade for another. We sign a UFA without a NMC and leave him vulnerable or do nothing further.

Since there is no way the Avs entertain Sekera or Eberle for Barrie, there is no point in making 54 more threads on the same dead issue. From an Oiler POV that is.

You are seriously going to not make a play for a Dman like Barrie because we might lose one of Yakupov, Kassian or Maroon? :amazed:

That is somewhat misleading, McDavid significantly boosted his productivity when they were together. 2/3 of his 5 on 5 points had McDavid involved, all pouliots metric stats significantly went down away from him. Also he has never even gotten to 40 points be it due to injuries or whatever, so if he can't stay on the ice his projectable stats aren't as valuable until he can play 80 games

... and who exactly boosted his productivity the year before McDavid was drafted when he scored on a 27G + 21A = 48P pace? (nearly the same pace as this past season, 51P pace)

Anyways, I get about what Ducks posters are saying about Pouliot... if Oiler posters are using his scoring pace with the Oilers then you also have to consider that, in both seasons he has played here, he has also proven to be consistently injured for 31% of the season. My conclusion is he is a low end 2nd line winger with significant injury issues. I would also accept that some posters see him as a middle 6 winger depending on his play.

Again, regardless, the OP trade would not be one that would interest me if I were a Duck's fan.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
You are seriously going to not make a play for a Dman like Barrie because we might lose one of Yakupov, Kassian or Maroon? :amazed:

I don't understand that at all no way should Oilers pass up on a good defenseman so you can protect any of those forwards.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
Why can't people understand that value isn't universal?

Pouliot might carry second line value to the Oilers, but that's irrelevant to anyone else.

If you acquire him, he's no longer on the Oilers. He's on your team, in your system, with your players. In this regard, his career in total is far more telling than two injury reduced seasons with the Oilers.

For every example of a true late bloomer, we have multiple of guys who had one or two good seasons that turned out to be outliers, or players that fit with a team but couldn't produce on others.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

That was the rangers team that went to the finals, so no i dont think he was misused at all. He was appropriately used on a contending team with a solid system and depth. And yes, 3 years ago he was already 26/27 years old in his 7/8th pro season. And watching him play, hes not bigger, faster or more skilled than when he was with the rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad