Proposal: Edm-Col-Ana

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
No thank you from the Avs as well. No interest in Reinhart whatsoever and I'd rather just keep Barrie if Fowler is the only piece coming back.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Oh, this 3-way trade again, how original.

Anyways, like in those threads, Avs prefer Barrie over Fowler, and Griffin is bordering on bust status at this point.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I'll propose another three way in this thread that might be somewhat more palatable to Ducks fans...

Colorado - Cam Fowler
Toronto - Tyson Barrie
Anaheim - JVR

I would want a pretty decent addition as an Avs fan from Toronto, but if Barrie won't sign long term, he'll need to be dealt at some point within the next two or so years before his value plummets. I'm not particularly sure of what Toronto needs, I imagine they would rather have a more defense minded high end right handed defender, but at the same time, I could see Babcock really liking Barrie / I'm not too sure how picky teams can be with defense considering how valuable they seem to be.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I'll propose another three way in this thread that might be somewhat more palatable to Ducks fans...

Colorado - Cam Fowler
Toronto - Tyson Barrie
Anaheim - JVR

I would want a pretty decent addition as an Avs fan from Toronto, but if Barrie won't sign long term, he'll need to be dealt at some point within the next two or so years before his value plummets. I'm not particularly sure of what Toronto needs, I imagine they would rather have a more defense minded high end right handed defender, but at the same time, I could see Babcock really liking Barrie / I'm not too sure how picky teams can be with defense considering how valuable they seem to be.

I'm not a big fan of JVR, but that's on the mark, though I can't speak for the Leafs and Barrie.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
EDM: T. Barrie
COL: C. Fowler + G. Reinhart
ANA: EDM 2017 1st (top 5 protected, '18 1st if top 5) + B. Pouliot (25% retained, 3M cap)

Pouliot will be 30 years old (Fowler is 24) at the start of the season. His career high in points in a season is 36 points (less then Fowler) and he has missed a lot of games playing less then 60 in the past two seasons and has 14 points (less then Fowler) in 54 career playoff games. Ducks trade Fowler we need someone much better then that.

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
I don't think it's fair for ANA or COL, but I'm surprised with how little value Edmonton's 1st is getting. I mean, this is the Oilers were talking about :laugh::laugh:

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Trading Pouliot (25% retained), G. Reinhart(traded 1st rnd 16th and 2nd rnd 33rd), and a first overall pick for Barrie is pretty steep.

Wouldn't doubt Chiarelli would do something like that.

But I wouldn't give up that much for Tyson Barrie. With the expansion draft coming up next year, you have to be 100% sure you want to expose those extra forwards for that 4th defenseman.

Tough decisions for Chairelli and Co.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I don't think it's fair for ANA or COL, but I'm surprised with how little value Edmonton's 1st is getting. I mean, this is the Oilers were talking about :laugh::laugh:

Who added Larsson and now Fowler in this trade they should be a better team. Regardless Ducks want a better win now piece over a pick.

Trading Pouliot (25% retained), G. Reinhart(traded 1st rnd 16th and 2nd rnd 33rd), and a first overall pick for Barrie is pretty steep.

But I wouldn't give up that much for Tyson Barrie. With the expansion draft coming up next year, you have to be 100% sure you want to expose those extra forwards for that 4th defenseman.

The forwards to be exposed are not a big loss especially compared to defenseman they can get back.

Oct 18, 2011
another trade proposal where Anaheim gets taken to the woodshed, pouliot always seems to miss a bunch of games and makes the kind of money the ducks should have given to perron. drop the protections on the pick, otherwise the ducks just make their team worse for no reason

Avs44

May 16, 2011

:laugh:

A 1st rounder, an overpaid third liner, and an OK prospect is not remotely a steep price for a 24 year old 50 point defensman. It's a complete rip off.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
The forwards to be exposed are not a big loss especially compared to defenseman they can get back.

Very true statement Ducks in a row.

After Patrick Maroon came to the Oilers he played awesome. 8 goals and 14 points in 16 games.

I really don't want to give up that kind of production even though over the course of the season he wouldn't keep that pace up. I'm really pumped for Maroon.

Exposing Yakupov will be easier to decide come the end of season to see if there's a improvement there or not.

I agree with you 100% the Ducks aren't in rebuild mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

mytduxfan*

None of Barrie, Fowler or Shatty will end up in EDM. That's why PC had to overpay for Larsson. No one is going to help a Western Conference rival with McDavid sort their defensive issues. If moved, all three of those guys will end up in the East on either NJ, DET or TOR.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Pouliot will be 30 years old (Fowler is 24) at the start of the season. His career high in points in a season is 36 points (less then Fowler) and he has missed a lot of games playing less then 60 in the past two seasons and has 14 points (less then Fowler) in 54 career playoff games. Ducks trade Fowler we need someone much better then that.

I am in no way saying the value in the OP is fair but I hate it when people do crap like the bolded... it weakens your entire post. You are telling the truth, but Pouliot just turns 30 and Fowler is 25, 60 days into the season. Not sure why you need to use crap like that to exaggerate your point when in all reality there are many other logical arguments you can make why the trade should not be considered from a Duck's POV.

Anyways, Pouliot is a useful second line winger but he is only signed for 2 more years. Most Ducks posters have made it clear that they see Pouliot as a 3rd line winger and have no interest in him. Reinhart should be better than he has shown considering what was expected of him as a prospect and based on what Chiarelli paid for him... I feel he has shown glimpses that he very well could end up being a solid 2nd pairing Dman. The pick, giving the Oilers another very useful Dman, might not be a very high one. if you ask me, Barrie and Fowler are worth more than being offered in the OP.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
EDM: T. Barrie
COL: C. Fowler + G. Reinhart
ANA: EDM 2017 1st (top 5 protected, '18 1st if top 5) + B. Pouliot (25% retained, 3M cap)

This is the silliest thing I've ever seen on this subforum. "Hey guys we'll give you a first round pick...but only if it's not a lottery pick cause we need that"

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I am in no way saying the value in the OP is fair but I hate it when people do crap like the bolded... it weakens your entire post. You are telling the truth, but Pouliot just turns 30 and Fowler is 25, 60 days into the season. Not sure why you need to use crap like that to exaggerate your point when in all reality there are many other logical arguments you can make why the trade should not be considered from a Duck's POV.

Anyways, Pouliot is a useful second line winger but he is only signed for 2 more years. Most Ducks posters have made it clear that they see Pouliot as a 3rd line winger and have no interest in him. Reinhart should be better than he has shown considering what was expected of him as a prospect and based on what Chiarelli paid for him... I feel he has shown glimpses that he very well could end up being a solid 2nd pairing Dman. The pick, giving the Oilers another very useful Dman, might not be a very high one. if you ask me, Barrie and Fowler are worth more than being offered in the OP.

Not that it matters because the age argument is silly, but bringing up the fact that Fowler is turning 25 hurts your argument more than it helps. It just shows that Pouilot is in his prime years now, and Fowler is a couple years away from the prime years of a defenseman. What did you think you were proving by bringing that up?

Last edited:

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
So Avs trade a great Dman for 2 high risk bad ones?!?!

You guys have realized Fowler isn't any good by now right?

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

I listed multiple ones and age was one of them as well as career high in production and playoff production and also that he has played less then 60 games in each of the last two seasons. Not trading a defenseman who is that age for a forward that age we need younger forward coming back and especially one with better offensive numbers then our defenseman.

Not that it matters because the age argument is silly, but bringing up the fact that Fowler is turning 25 hurts your argument more than it helps. It just shows that Pouilot is in his prime years now, and Fowler is a couple years away from the prime years of a defenseman. What did you think you were proving by bringing that up?

Defenseman tend to be better at a older age compared to forwards. A forward prime years is not after turning 30. Forwards in their prime in the mid 20's.

Fowler isn't any good :shakehead

Last edited:

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
It's a good thing you started yet another thread to propose a variation of a trade that has already been proposed 639 times before. Instead of perhaps using one of the threads already in place. I was beginning to grow concerned with the lack of Barrie trade proposals since the arbitration hearing was announced

mytduxfan*

We don't want Pouliot... he's a 3rd liner.

We don't want Reinhart... he's a bust prospect.

You want Fowler, we're talking RNH or Drai. However, I'd like the think that it's just a non-starter between EDM and ANA. As a divisional rival, I want nothing to do with helping EDM solve their D issues.

This Fowler experience has really been damning for the HF community. It's really shed a light on how many people base their entire opinion of a player on stat-watching. Kind of pathetic really.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Pouliot's a 3rd liner. lol. Is Fowler a 3rd pairing dman then? Pouliot is a quality second liner his production suggests nothing less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad