Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Chiasson signing with Oilers [1yr, 650k AAV]

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
everything that is wrong with hf

You're kidding, right? A bit of a hot take that only missed the mark because a fan didn't remember exactly where a spare forward played? Come on.

I get you shouldn't post opinions about a player you don't know very well. I agree with that. But I think slinging insults based on something incredibly petty is something far worse on HF. You know, like you just did.

Reactions: smitty10 and byrath

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Take horvat away from the canucks and they are the worst team in the league.. Oh wait they are with him in the lineup.
don’t get angry at me. These are the thoughts of a current player.

But I don’t care if we’re bad, we’ve been to the top and stayed there for awhile. It’s time to tear it down and start over.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Chiasson has been excellent for a PTO. 8 goalsin 14 games.

At this pace he'll be worth 4-6 times what he's already making which means we won't be able to afford him.
The Nucks will sign him to a 12M dollar deal over 3 years and he'll fail to put up 20 points over the first 2 years of the contract.
He'll be bought out before the 3rd year kicks in and he'll go to Arizona on a PTO and sign for about the same that he's making now.

Kolja

1-5-6-14
Oct 30, 2011
At this pace he'll be worth 4-6 times what he's already making which means we won't be able to afford him.
The Nucks will sign him to a 12M dollar deal over 3 years and he'll fail to put up 20 points over the first 2 years of the contract.
He'll be bought out before the 3rd year kicks in and he'll go to Arizona on a PTO and sign for about the same that he's making now.

Circle of life.

Reactions: ivanlwan and thadd

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Hopefully this incredibly unsustainable hot streak leads Chiarelli to lock him up quickly.

Usually I'd say this in jest but with Chiarelli, anything is possible.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I liked Chiasson in his time here, but the Flames really didn't have the room for him. I'm glad he did well in Washington and is doing well in Edmonton.

The biggest issue many had with Chiasson (which wasn't really his fault) was that he was often miscast, playing as high as the 1st line and as far as the 4th line/press box. IMO, he's a good bottom 6 who can play up into the middle 6 at times. I think if he's chatting with the Oilers, they should be chatting Zack Kassian money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad