Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CHI] Keith for Jones and a 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Just listening to Gregor, he has a Blackhawks beat writer on. Chicago loves this deal. He said Keith is a 3rd pairing guy and Chicago’s woes on defense when he is on the ice is because of him. We got a worse version of Kris Russell

Well yeah, everybody with a brain in their head knows that Keith is a bad 3rd pairing guy at this point. People thinking otherwise are just trying their best to shine this turd of a deal.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
This is a f***ing awful trade.

No retention, plus a third round pick for an aging player who pretty much handcuffed his GM by asking for a trade to edmonton.

f*** you ken holland.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Isles fans absolutely hated Leddy this year.

So did Hawks fans once upon a time, and for good reason (I watched then religiously at the time). Granted he was younger and much less experienced then now

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Whether or not he ends up on the PP is more in Tippett's court than anything, but yea... I don't know why he would do that. He's a fan of Bear and Nurse was generally his choice after Barrie. Don't think Keith will change that.
It was more a reply to those who were stating that Keith could bring some value on the PP.

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
Hawks fan here. DK is a perfect fit for the Oilers ignore Keith's stats he was a good defenceman on a terrible team. He should eat up 18+ minutes as a solid 3/4 far less than the 25+ he had to eat on the Hawks. 3 Stanley Cups, 2 Norris trophy's and a Conn Smythe, how can he not help this squad.
His tenure might be short but I expect it will be impactfull!

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Keith cannot play on the PP anymore. If he’s on the PP that means both Nurse and Bouchard aren’t playing…which would be very bad.

He lost his spot to Boqvist this season, and he got as much offensive zone starts with Kane as his coach could give him and did nothing (his ice time this season may have just been out of respect, even though he was failing). So, I wouldn't worry about him taking anyone's PP time. To start, just gotta hope he can actually compete against 2nd/3rd liners which he failed to do this season.

Reactions: The Safe Play

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Time for some cheering up

carolineszwed_25_4_2018_10_18_44_452.jpg

;)

ZpckD3I.jpg

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Chicago beat writer on 1260 just now saying he doesn’t think Keith was a victim of bad defence on the Hawks last year but was part of the problem. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well yeah, no shit. Look at the WOWY stats for all of Keith's major playing partners last year. Every, single, one of them played *significantly* better when they weren't pairing with Keith. Keith is a borderline NHL'er right now, and being paid like a top-pairing player. Ridiculous.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Hawks fan here. DK is a perfect fit for the Oilers ignore Keith's stats he was a good defenceman on a terrible team. He should eat up 18+ minutes as a solid 3/4 far less than the 25+ he had to eat on the Hawks. 3 Stanley Cups, 2 Norris trophy's and a Conn Smythe, how can he not help this squad.
His tenure might be short but I expect it will be impactfull!

Do good d men on bad teams usually see their partners' numbers improve away from them or...?

Reactions: The Safe Play
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad