Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CHI] Caggiula + Garrison for Manning + Norell

Blacktape

Aug 3, 2003
Saskatoon
Umm I thought the deal was just Caggiula + Garrison for Manning + Norell. No picks involved. Am I missing something?

A 3rd was given for Petrovic.

Anyways, there is so much drama on here lol. Caggiula isn't really an important player for this team and who knows, maybe Manning turns out to be half decent like he was back with Philly. All in all, this team is trash and trading trash for different trash isn't worth getting worked up about.

Im wrong. Looks like the 3rd went to FLA not Chicago

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
People say things in front of the camera and alone in an uber that is secretly being recorded.

Lets not he so naive that of the 10 million 7th dmen available manning was probably at the bottom of the list mcdavid would like to play with.

Until secret video surfaces of McDavid bashing Manning and saying he hates his guts, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and take his words as truth.

Alot of this presumed hate McDavid still holds towards Manning is just that, presumed because of some words said two or three seasons ago.

Reactions: Quality McOil

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Until secret video surfaces of McDavid bashing Manning and saying he hates his guts, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and take his words as truth.

Alot of this presumed hate McDavid still holds towards Manning is just that, presumed because of some words said two or three seasons ago.

Words? Connor confirmed the guy admitted he intentionally tried to injure him.

What's he suppose to say to Chiarelli? Im vetoing this trade?

If you're divorced and your brother says hey is it okay if I date your ex wife? You might say ok.. You might also think is she the last woman on earth? Wtf is wrong with you, you're my brother?

Reactions: Drivesaitl

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm more shocked that pc dealt caggiula than anything else that happened here.

Seemed like a guy he really liked

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

If you're divorced and your brother says hey is it okay if I date your ex wife? You might say ok.. You might also think is she the last woman on earth? Wtf is wrong with you, you're my brother?
Actually yes that's exactly what mcdavid should've done if he didn't like it. Star players have a say in minor moves from time to time and this should fall in the minor move category

Reactions: McFuhryous

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
I'm more shocked that pc dealt caggiula than anything else that happened here.

Seemed like a guy he really liked

Also it makes no sense - Chicago would have done Garrison straight up just to get Manning off the team and books. Throwing Drake into the mix...

None of this trade makes sense. On any level.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
This trade is Chia's "f*** you" to the org... so he can look back in ten years and chuckle as he recounts how he knew he was about to be fired and said f*** it... I'll make one of my last ironic stamps on the roster by putting a useless #7 dman with low offensive ability and even lower IQ on the roster who'd openly shit on and aggravated the franchise's generational centre.

It's like leaving a bag of flaming dog shit on your bosses desk and daring him to fire you asap so you can get away from this beyond repair f***-up-of-a-situation and ride off into the sunset with the million$ you are still owed on your contract... stress free away from the dumpster fire you not only helped create but that you've now poured a fresh tank of gasoline onto.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

As joestevens29 said, yes he could have vetoed it since the GM sought his blessing on it in the first place. It's only Brandon Manning and not PK Subban or Drew Doughty we are talking about here.

If Chiarelli still went and got him had McD not given his blessing...then that's a "f*** you anyways" on his way out the door. If McDavid still had a major issue with it, he could have said "If you're trading for Manning then ask yourself who do you want on this team more, him or me? Take your pick." None of us would have been the wiser because Chiarelli would have turned his attention elsewhere (in theory he would have anyways).

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Umm I thought the deal was just Caggiula + Garrison for Manning + Norell. No picks involved. Am I missing something?

A 3rd was given for Petrovic.

Anyways, there is so much drama on here lol. Caggiula isn't really an important player for this team and who knows, maybe Manning turns out to be half decent like he was back with Philly. All in all, this team is trash and trading trash for different trash isn't worth getting worked up about.

At this point comments like this should astound.

Its this kind of thinking, that it doesn't matter if you trade depth production away that results in a Chia formulated team having no depth, no scoring support, none. Cagg was the 5th leading scorer on this club when traded and he finally seemed to be putting a better game together.

Good teams build on what they already have. Keep stocking the mix, not chronically subtracting from it.

Lets look at what a bombed out Chia lineup looks like.

We have 4 players that have combined for 72 Goals. The brunt of our scoring all resting in 4 players. The rest of our lineup has only 27 goals combined. Out entire scoring depth adds up to 27 goals half way into a season. That is so monumentally inept people should be focused on it constantly when evaluating this club. But we subtract one of the few players that even has a pulse offensively and say its no big deal.

Lets look at Calgary Flames. They're top 4 has 78 goals, actually more than our top 4, and that should make anybody ill. Calgary quietly added a core production piece in Lindholm Who has way more pts than even our 3rd best forward. But the mindblowing thing is what decent depth production looks like. Outside of their top 4 scorers Calgary got 67 goals so far from their depth support. A monumental difference from what we are getting from ours.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Crosby got his GM to sign his lifetime bff Jack Johnson to an awful contract. He got Yzerman and Babcock to veto Giroux from Team Canada. He got 3 coach's fired by pouting and barely putting an effort in. Leading up to Johnson's firing, Crosby coasted the entire season, throwing his head back at every dump in. No one in the media thought any less of him.

McDavid is far too quiet and that's a bad thing in most careers. Because silence is treated as acceptance.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
So Chia rewards the guy who broke McD's collarbone by saving him from going out on waivers. Now that's the spirit.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Hilarious that we took on a guy worse than Gryba at 2.25M for this year and next. Why the hell was Chia so fixated on this bum?

Reactions: TB12

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
What happens when all the defensemen are healthy? Manning gets waived and sent to Bako?

Caggiula drove me nuts and was back to playing bad hockey when he got traded but there is no logic to this trade. Healthy scratched after three games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad