Proposal: Edm-Car

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
That's fine, I'm just explaining why I put Skins on Edmonton's 3rd line.

Carolina needs an impact forward. Drai is too much from Edmonton's end, Pulju (atm) and RNH too little for Carolina.

They have no reason to trade Faulk for spare parts right now. Maybe next year, when he's 1 year away from UFA and management is fairly confident he won't re-sign.

If there's no deal to be made there's no deal to be made, I don't have any issue with that.

Personally I think you're under valuing Nuge. 3 years left at 6 million for a solid 2 way center who consistently puts up 50 points on the low end but is generally higher.

I wouldn't trade him for Faulk straight up but I can understand if the Canes want to keep their guy.

It looks as though Faulk will be traded this summer and I'll be curious to see what the return is. I have no doubt there will be multiple suitors, I'm just not sure if GM's will value him significantly higher than I do. Like I said I like him but to me the max you're looking at for him would be a Hamonic type trade only maybe not quite as high because of years of control and cap hit but maybe there's and gm out there that goes higher.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Faulk @ 50% retained + Elias Lindholm + Lucas Wallmark for Puljujarvi + RNH

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yeah, right, lol.

:edmonton Faulk and 2018 Canes 2nd rounder or a 1B prospect (we've got lots of good ones)
:canes RNH and Benning

That had better be a damn good prospect to make me consider such a trade. I'd sooner keep RNH and sign Green.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That had better be a damn good prospect to make me consider such a trade. I'd sooner keep RNH and sign Green.

It won’t be a damn good prospect. They want to keep their damn good prospects. My guess is he was thinking along the lines of Gauthier which is a flat no.

Thank goodness RNH is dynamite with McDavid, it’s probably preventing us from doing something idiotic like trading him for Faulk.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It won’t be a damn good prospect. They want to keep their damn good prospects. My guess is he was thinking along the lines of Gauthier which is a flat no.

Thank goodness RNH is dynamite with McDavid, it’s probably preventing us from doing something idiotic like trading him for Faulk.

Never underestimate your GM, or ours for that matter. With Waddell and Chia at the helm, these two teams would probably end up doing a trade that ends up sucking for both teams.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Never underestimate your GM, or ours for that matter. With Waddell and Chia at the helm, these two teams would probably end up doing a trade that ends up sucking for both teams.

Oh those two are perfectly capable of making an earth shattering deal with many moving pieces that doesn’t help anyone.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
To Edmonton:
Justin Faulk
Jeff Skinner

To Carolina:
Jesse Puljujarvi
Ethan Bear
Stuart Skinner
10th overall
I would hope the Oilers pass.
Puljujarvi just turned twenty years old. Way to early to give up on him.
Bear is probably the Oilers best D prospect and a RH shot as well
S.Skinner is one of the best goalie prospects in Jr.
10oa will net a great prospect that is also exempt from the expansion draft.

SALARY CAP

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
To Edmonton:
Justin Faulk
Jeff Skinner

To Carolina:
Jesse Puljujarvi
Ethan Bear
Stuart Skinner
10th overall
Lucic

This is probably what the deal would look like in the real world. Not ideal for either, but gives both teams something.

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
What would you guys want for McGinn? What have Fleury's biggest shortcomings been? Would the 40th oa, Caleb Jones or Tyler Benson hold any appeal to you?

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
To Edmonton:
Justin Faulk
Jeff Skinner

To Carolina:
Jesse Puljujarvi
Ethan Bear
Stuart Skinner
10th overall

The Oilers absolutely can not afford that... those are 4 of the top 5 cost controlled assets they own... an absolute necessity with McDavid and Draisaitl as 1C/2C... not to mention one or two other heavy contracts.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChaoticOrange

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
What would you guys want for McGinn? What have Fleury's biggest shortcomings been? Would the 40th oa, Caleb Jones or Tyler Benson hold any appeal to you?
That pick and those players hold NO appeal to Carolina. McGinn is a decent 3rd linner that can put up 15 goals. It was Fleury's first NHL season, he has since improvement to make, but looks like a fringe top 4.

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
The only guys on the Oilers i have interest in are:

McDavid - untouchable.

Draisaitl - treated as untouchable.

PoolParty - would like to reunite him with Aho. I think he still has a bright future.

Klefbom - if the Canes trade Hanifin, i wouldn't mind seeing Klefbom as Faulk's partner.

I would rather avoid the rest of the team. I'm sure Edmonton fans feel similar about the majority of the Canes roster.

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
I would hate to part with Puljujärvi, as I believe he will become an impact player, he is big, strong and fast, he just needs to calm it down and read plays quicker, which is something that will come. Knowing the lack of available assets the oilers have, I would move either him or Yamamoto, but the return would have to be worth the loss. If it were pool party I would want a prospect on top of Faulk, such as Stelio Mattheos.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
What about this craziness:

To CAR:
Draisatl
Puljujarvi
10OA

To EDM:
Faulk
Necas
2OA

Hurts both teams, but perhaps meets both team's needs, CAR's in the short term and EDM in the long term. EDM takes bigger gamble by giving up the most established and valuable piece but bets on basically 2 top10 NHL prospects to make up for the loss of Draisatl. They also get their elusive RHD for their PP. Svechnikov and McDavid would be scary. Necas probably develops into an ideal #2C.

CAR gets their #1C and bets on PoolParty hitting his potential with Aho/Teravainen, 10OA hopefully makes up for the sting of losing Necas AND Svechnikov/Zadina from the prospect pool.

Probably way off, but it hurts and potentially really helps both teams...

As a CAR fan, not really sure I'd do it, and certainly could see an EDM fan thinking the same...

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
I would hate to part with Puljujärvi, as I believe he will become an impact player, he is big, strong and fast, he just needs to calm it down and read plays quicker, which is something that will come. Knowing the lack of available assets the oilers have, I would move either him or Yamamoto, but the return would have to be worth the loss. If it were pool party I would want a prospect on top of Faulk, such as Stelio Mattheos.
Unfortunately that wouldn't happen. PoolParty hasn't shown enough signs of being very good to justify that. I too believe he can be, but sometimes they don't. For the flaws in Faulk's game, he's still shown to be a legit threat to score from the blueline, that is something many GM's find desirable. He alone (due to position) should be able to net a winger & prospect. RD is probably the second most valuable position in the NHL behind C.

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
I am sure there will be a gm you can fleece for Faulk, he does play a sought after position. What about a prospect swap, like:
To Carolina: Yamamoto, Caleb Jones
To Edmonton: Roland Mackeown, Brock McGinn, either Foegle or Mattheos, and a 3rd?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad