Rumor: EDM/CAR - Kase for Puljujarvi

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Kase is on LTIR, no? So basically Carolina gets a player, Edmonton gets cap space. I guess?

JonathnTaylorTavares

Feb 4, 2019
It‘s been recently reported that he went back home to Czechia (?) or the Czech Republic, whichever…

And that he is most likely done in the NHL, might play in the Czech league next year.
Damn, not surprising, but was a really good player while it lasted

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Making cap for a bigger move from the sounds of it
Seems odd Carolina would give up some of their LTIR space, but I guess they figure taking a look at Puljujarvi in Chicago (and some in Raleigh) for free makes sense if they don’t use all $10.1M in LTIR space at the deadline.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Seems odd Carolina would give up some of their LTIR space, but I guess they figure taking a look at Puljujarvi in Chicago (and some in Raleigh) for free makes sense if they don’t use all $10.1M in LTIR space at the deadline.

Trading away Kase wouldn’t reduce Carolina’s available LTIR relief. They are also trading away his contract. So the net change in available LTIR space would be $0.

Acquiring JP would reduce Carolinas available LTIR relief though.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

They’d still have plenty of space. $8.6M if my math is right, not sure if adding Puljujarvi’s $3M and subtracting Kase’s $1.5M from the LTIR pool actually is as simple as that though.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Trading away Kase wouldn’t reduce Carolina’s available LTIR relief. They also trading away his contract. So the net change in available LTIR space would be $0.
But acquiring Puljujarvi would use some cap, even if buried in the AHL, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad