Proposal: EDM / BOS / CGY

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
Serious question to all posters on HF. when is a player stop being a prospect? Is it a regular NHL gig? More than one season? Two?
i think after two seasons for a forward. D and goalies can take longer to understand what you have.
You can see what they bring and what potential they may offer. In Holloway's case, 13 points in 73 career games doesn't shout prospect. It looks more like third line player at best.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
i think after two seasons for a forward. D and goalies can take longer to understand what you have.
You can see what they bring and what potential they may offer. In Holloway's case, 13 points in 73 career games doesn't shout prospect. It looks more like third line player at best.

I mean, a third liner and getting better is what he is now, at a young age.

I think it’s interesting how people on a board like HF can have wildly different definitions of the word “prospect”. It doesn’t mean “future superstar”.

Reactions: TFHockey

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

That's the danger of judging a player purely on box scores. Holloway has looked really good up with the big club. He scored a gutsy goal the other night. I think we have a player here, more top six than bottom six. Time will tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad