to Edm:
Max Domi
Dylan Strome

To Ari:
One of Kailer Yamamoto/Tyler Benson
Caleb jones
2018 1st
2018 3rd

Ari ends up giving up the best player in the deal but get to reload with some high potential prospects and a couple high draft picks, Edmonton gets a good player to slot in with Draisaitl and give him a warm body he desperately needs and they also pick up a boom or bust player in strome who could put it together in Edmonton with his brother and best friend potentially opening up some future Drai trades.

thoughts? Would Ari want a roster player back instead of prospects not sure exactly what their trade block looks like.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Have no need for Strome, so take him out. Domi is interesting.

How about our 2018 1st round pick (10th overall) for Domi straight up?

Gives Drai a LWer with skill to work with and feed him the puck for some good opportunities in front of the net. I'm not convinced he's a true top-6 winger yet, but he's darn close and can get better and playing with Drai on the 2nd line should help the point totals. But I don't think you'd get full value for Domi after down season points-per-game wise and the fact he's only scored more than 10 goals in a season once (though he had a shortened season in 2017). He's still a valuable player, but you're not getting Yamamoto + 2018 1st for him. Yamamoto will get every opportunity to play with and stick on the top line with McDavid and RNH, and if he does I can see him having a similar rookie season to Domi's, so I consider their value kind of close (Domi's is higher of course, but I personally wouldn't put that added value as a top-10 first round pick -- no way).

Arizona gets a great Dman prospect (or whomever they want) to help their rebuild -- though it's something we could also use, so I'm also happy if we just keep the pick.

Could maybe add Jones or a 3rd rounder in 2019 to our 1st rounder, but that's about it from my perspective, I think. Though if it costs a bit more I'd be willing to consider it. This is probably the time to get Domi if he's at all available, because if he rebounds to 60 points with ARZ this season he wont be available again for a long, long time in all likelihood.

Last edited:

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011

It seems like you overvalue draft picks. Wanna trade Jesse Puljujärvi for NYI 1st round 2018 (11th overall)?

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
It seems like you overvalue draft picks. Wanna trade Jesse Puljujärvi for NYI 1st round 2018 (11th overall)?

Depending who's still on the board, I'd possibly be open to that.

I get your point that ARZ probably value Domi more than that pick. I'm just not sure I value him much more than that. As I said, I would consider adding Jones or a 3rd (possibly a little more) but I'm not sure Domi is the answer for the 2nd line winger we need. Wouldn't be a bad gamble if the cost isn't too prohibitive, but that might be the problem. So I'd have to hear from Coyotes fans for what they'd want for him, but I don't think I'm going to like it at all. Again I don't really blame them, but to me Domi still has a lot to prove. And we need more answers and less question marks. We went with mostly question marks for our wingers last season and that didn't work out so well (though admittedly Domi isn't as big of a "?" as many of the guys we tried to plug in). If the price is right I'd take a gamble on him. I doubt that is the case, however.

Last edited:

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Gives Drai a LWer with skill to work with and feed him the puck for some good opportunities in front of the net. I'm not convinced he's a true top-6 winger yet, but he's darn close and can get better and playing with Drai on the 2nd line should help the point totals. But I don't think you'd get full value for Domi after down season points-per-game wise and the fact he's only scored more than 10 goals in a season once (though he had a shortened season in 2017). He's still a valuable player, but you're not getting Yamamoto + 2018 1st for him. Yamamoto will get every opportunity to play with and stick on the top line with McDavid and RNH, and if he does I can see him having a similar rookie season to Domi's, so I consider their value kind of close (Domi's is higher of course, but I personally wouldn't that added value as a first round pick -- no way).

Arizona gets a great Dman prospect to help their rebuild -- though it's something we could also use, so I'm also happy if we just keep the pick.

Could maybe add Jones or a 3rd rounder in 2019 to our 1st rounder, but that's about from my perspective, I think. Though if it costs a bit more I'd be willing to consider it. This is probably the time to get Domi if he's at all available, because if he rebounds to 60 points with ARZ this season he wont be available again for a long, long time in all likelihood.
That would be a bargain for Edmonton. I'm thinking it would cost Yamamoto and the 1st. After Yamamotos surge at the end of the year I don't think I'd be open to that though.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So the Coyotes' plan is to never be competitive and just keep cycling in rookies and prospects?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Not a good trade for either team. Both have to start moving forward, not constantly rebuild. Arizona doesn't do it for that reason. Edmonton gives up way too much.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
The OP is a non-starter. Doesnt really help either team.

Side note: What do you guys want for Lawson Crouse?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Why would we need Dylan Strome in the first place? If there's a player on the yotes that the Oilers will target, its always going to be OEL.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
to Edm:
Max Domi
Dylan Strome

To Ari:
One of Kailer Yamamoto/Tyler Benson
Caleb jones
2018 1st
2018 3rd

Ari ends up giving up the best player in the deal but get to reload with some high potential prospects and a couple high draft picks, Edmonton gets a good player to slot in with Draisaitl and give him a warm body he desperately needs and they also pick up a boom or bust player in strome who could put it together in Edmonton with his brother and best friend potentially opening up some future Drai trades.

thoughts? Would Ari want a roster player back instead of prospects not sure exactly what their trade block looks like.

Easy no from the Oilers

We have one head case named Strome already and some have D Strome already listed as a bust

Domi is a guy the oilers should have interest in

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
So we're making this trade and moving which of Domi or Strome to the blueline?
Surely if Edmonton is giving up all of these assets they're going to be getting a top 4 d-man in return, right?
We don't need to trade for Domi or Strome if we're giving up Yamamoto in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad