Claimed off Waivers: [EDM] Alex Stalock claimed off waivers by the Oilers from the Wild

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Don’t understand why the Canucks wouldn’t claim him and try to get him down to the taxi squad. He makes almost league minimum and dipietro is toiling away when he needs to get games in at the ahl level

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Don’t understand why the Canucks wouldn’t claim him and try to get him down to the taxi squad. He makes almost league minimum and dipietro is toiling away when he needs to get games in at the ahl level
Because someone else would just then go and claim him when they tried.

Echoing others, makes zero sense to see the Sabre's not claim him. Okay, well the only sense made was the fact that the Sabre's didnt and continue to do the exact opposite of whats rational.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Because someone else would just then go and claim him when they tried.

Echoing others, makes zero sense to see the Sabre's not claim him. Okay, well the only sense made was the fact that the Sabre's didnt and continue to do the exact opposite of whats rational.
No loss to the Canucks then but at least worth the chance it works

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Stalock is also one of the better puckhandling goaltenders in the league too. I don't think Stalock is as bad as his analytics say he is. I always felt he was a better goalie but coaches like Boudreau seemed scared to us him.

I don't think Stalock is ever dumb when playing the puck so I think your D should be fine. Glad Stalock has a place to play with Talbot and Kaapo excelling in Minnesota.

That makes even more sense why we claimed him then. I haven’t watched him enough to comment on his puck handling with any confidence, but if he’s even half as good with the puck as Smith, he’s a smart pickup for us. Our team plays so much better in front of Smith (who’s basically like having a 3rd dman) because it drastically speeds up our transition

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
That makes even more sense why we claimed him then. I haven’t watched him enough to comment on his puck handling with any confidence, but if he’s even half as good with the puck as Smith, he’s a smart pickup for us. Our team plays so much better in front of Smith (who’s basically like having a 3rd dman) because it drastically speeds up our transition

Someone’s listening to Louie Debrusk haha.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Solid claim

desperately needed an upgrade over Stuart Skinner

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
The team is run by meddling owners who lack a basic understanding of how to build a team, and positional importance

^^ THIS

They better wake up before the midpoint of the season, or the garbage tandem will continue to drive this franchise into the ground.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Wouldn't they have to waive him to get him to the taxi squad, at which time the Oilers would pick him up?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's an awesome #3, a solid #2, and a not so hot starter. Will be an adjustment for him going from one of the better defenses in the league to EDM.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Edmonton could put Koskinen on waivers and I doubt anyone would claim him. He’s not worth 4.5 for this season and next.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Edmonton could put Koskinen on waivers and I doubt anyone would claim him. He’s not worth 4.5 for this season and next.
You could say the same thing about many of the current starting goalies in the NHL without cap friendly or expiring contracts. Cap space is tight and every club is looking to dump salary.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Feels strange to see people satisfied about getting Stalock and upset about losing out on his services.

This Wild fan is thankful that he’s gone and is only slightly disappointed he wasn’t claimed within division in an effort to use the fantasy sport’s ‘sabotage drop.’

Reactions: Sota Popinski

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So Russo's article said the reason Stalock wasn't playing was because of Myocarditis due to Covid. Same thing that Rossi had. Crazy thing is that while he tested positive, he had no symptoms. Only a checkup by the Wild doctors caught the swelling around the heart just before he was to return to the ice. He was told he had to sit for 6 weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad