Claimed off Waivers: [EDM] Alex Stalock claimed off waivers by the Oilers from the Wild

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
There’s no rule saying we can’t have 3 goalies on our roster. The only reason we had to waive Forsberg was we had 9 dmen and we didn’t want to lose any on waivers. But now with injuries, that’s not the case anymore

Yes, if you want one of your three healthy scratches to be a goalie.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I like Buffalo giving Johansson a shot personally. How many Kevin Lankinens are out there who never even get an NHL shot, or give up 4 goals in their first game and are never allowed to sniff the ice again?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Stalock always seemed to have the Oilers number, so good to see he’s on our side now.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Well he won't help them on the defensive of side, but his ability to play the puck will help their offense a bit more with helping to start breakouts.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Well he won't help them on the defensive of side, but his ability to play the puck will help their offense a bit more with helping to start breakouts.

Mike Smith is one of the best puckhandling goaltenders... but sometimes D get confused on what he is going to do with the puck and it becomes a sh*tshow.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Doubt it. This is just solving the issue of not having a 3rd string goalie thanks to that ***hole Waddell claiming our goalie for literally no reason

Waddell claimed Forsberg because they were worried Nedeljkovic would be claimed when he was sent to the taxi squad and Forsberg would be a far better #3 than anything else the Canes could find after Ned might be claimed.

Based on his play as an emergency call-up it appears no one claiming Ned was a mistake.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Mike Smith is one of the best puckhandling goaltenders... but sometimes D get confused on what he is going to do with the puck and it becomes a sh*tshow.
Stalock is also one of the better puckhandling goaltenders in the league too. I don't think Stalock is as bad as his analytics say he is. I always felt he was a better goalie but coaches like Boudreau seemed scared to us him.

I don't think Stalock is ever dumb when playing the puck so I think your D should be fine. Glad Stalock has a place to play with Talbot and Kaapo excelling in Minnesota.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad