Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 4 - Back to Boston with the series tied at 2

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Last night's game was the closest thing I've seen to a Dead Puck Era game in the "New NHL" era.

Not only do they play the trap, they run interference all over the ice. And the refs let them get away with it. I noticed a bunch of times last night where an Islander would run a pick for the Islander puck carrier.

Cassidy needs to go off in front of the media and call out the constant interference calls flat out ignored by the two referees.
THIS is a huge pet peeve of mine. It's so annoying to see this crap go on, the other thing is the stick grabbing. The Bruins also have abandoned any semblance of a hitting/physical game. Against Washington they stood up to the physical stuff but against this team they react too late or with a stick. It's annoying all around.

Reactions: BruinDust

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Would be nice if Coyle had legit NHL PO
wingers on his line.
If Krejci starts out playing badly again I switch up Coyle with him and see if that helps.
I don't know, throw shit at the wall and seeing if it sticks. Being that the B's are home I would expect Butchie to
make some moves to see what works and to change the momentum. Win this and use whatever changes to move on to
game 6. We've been screaming for DK to get better wings, he HAS them now so WTF is his excuse? B's get eliminated
now and DK can shove off. They'll be looking at rebuilding the forward core from DK down to lines 3&4.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The awareness the Bruins lack at the end of a power play baffles me. How could they not know Eberle is coming out of the box there? This happens way to much for this team. That plsy was the turning point. The isles scored after that.
Why doesnt Rask alert the players when the power pmay time is up?
VERY good question. NOT pinning it on Rask but if maybe he alerts them with slapping his stick on the ice in the last 10 seconds. Again, this kind of thing needs to be taught by the GD coach. The other thing is the "too many men" penalties. Cassidy should have been dealing with this long ago. So many basic things need to be taught this late after he's been on the job for how long? I don't remember how long his contract term is but I've seen enough.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
still amazes me how Kuhlman and his 6 career goals are still on a playoff NHL roster, Meanwhile a bunch of prospects sit. does Kuhlman have a lifetime contract to provide never-ending mediocrity?
Kuhlman isn't the answer BUT he's definitely NOT the problem. Of all players to whine about he's near the bottom of the list this series.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Last night's game was the closest thing I've seen to a Dead Puck Era game in the "New NHL" era.

Not only do they play the trap, they run interference all over the ice. And the refs let them get away with it. I noticed a bunch of times last night where an Islander would run a pick for the Islander puck carrier.

Cassidy needs to go off in front of the media and call out the constant interference calls flat out ignored by the two referees.

When did the NHL drop the word "obstruction" from their officiating calls? I remember for several years post 2005 it was obstruction holding, obstruction hooking, obstruction interference. The league wanted speed and skill above all.

I guess they eradicated obstruction from the game entirely and no one does it anymore.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Anyone else starting to have a change of heart on Gryz? He just doesn't seem made for physical, intense playoff hockey...

I've known this since the TB series in 2018. His body simply can't take the escalation of physical play that happens in the playoffs and that ends up negatively affecting his game.

Reactions: Gordoff

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
If bruins want they can turn the switch and rip the isles 5 to 1 . We're that good. Bruce has to turn the switch here.

This is one of the major problems with this team IMO- they have to turn the "on" switch on and then leave it on. This business of waiting until the late 2nd/early 3rd period to turn it on is going to send them to the golf course by the end of the week. You cannot play this way against the Islanders, who bring it every shift from the opening face off. Yeah, I get it, they have to because of their overall lack of talent compared to the Bruins. The Bruins have plenty of talent but they're not working hard enough as a team to win this thing. What's that saying- team beats talent when talent doesn't play like a team? Too many Bruins have taken not just shifts off but entire games. Then you have guys trying to do everything themselves instead of working with their teammates to get it done.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'm not saying he should be like Torts and scream 24/7, that is sure to burn out a team quickly. But Bruce's passivity is equally negative.
Right. Blowing a gasket every time a coach wants to make a point is also not the way to go. Like anything in life "moderation in everything, even in moderation" (quoting my late father-in-law).

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad