Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 3 - MARCHAND WINS IT IN OT!!!!!! - BRUINS lead series 2-1

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Thought the first was fairly even. Then Boston took control from the second until 6ish minutes left in the third.

All Isles from there on.

Even game, even series

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Im fine with it. If you look at it right after, it just looks like he’s going for his stick and missed. After he stumbles it starts to get blown dead you just can’t hear it and the players don’t react

I don't believe they whistled until Hall brought the puck back across center ice which was well after Carlo had gone down to his knees.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I am still amazed we won. Shocked. They gotta shoot that puck over his shoulder every time.

However, lots of lazy skating though. You HAVE to fix that. I'm sorry. But for a big body Nick Ritchie has to do SOMETHING if he's not hitting or parking his fat ass in front of the net, what is his purpose? Can we summon the soul of Nick from a few months ago? Cause we are being crunched on these hits. They are taking the body every time. WE NEED TO DO THIS. Stop allowing them to skate right into the zone. Knock them on their asses. If they can do it, so can we. Give me Freddy, Tinordi next game. Or Miller if he's okay. We need to stand up.

Prayers up to Carlo. He looked concussed...again.
It is up to Bruce Cassidy to get the most out of every guy or make adjustments. He also NEEDS to find ways to motivate them to come out stronger, ESPECIALLY in the second period. Can't keep allowing the Isles to motor around unscathed. Also, we need to keep the sticks down. The officials are watching the B's more than the opposition, and they should know that.
Beyond that, no more flyby's. Bruins need to start hammering guys. Wagner was hitting Caps in the last series, in this series he's doing nothing. Needs to be embarrassed by being sat a game or two. Jake needs to play his wing, he's frustrating to watch. Ritchie needs to be involved 100% of the time that he's on the ice. He goes through the motions and doesn't seem to wake up until he's hit, otherwise he's limp.
The defense makes easy plays look hard. They need to stop trying to make the Chess play when the play calls for a Checkers move.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The goal going into game 3 tied on the road is a split.Getting that right away game 3 is huge.Bruins will come out flying game 4 wait and see.

Reactions: Gordoff

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
other than the shot totals, what prevents this from being a steal?

Because Boston deserved to win this game as they outplayed NYI for 75%. Up until the Barzal goal Boston was all over them.

Rask shut the door in the final 5 and early in OT. He did his job.

Did not steal it though.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I am still amazed we won. Shocked. They gotta shoot that puck over his shoulder every time.

However, lots of lazy skating though. You HAVE to fix that. I'm sorry. But for a big body Nick Ritchie has to do SOMETHING if he's not hitting or parking his fat ass in front of the net, what is his purpose? Can we summon the soul of Nick from a few months ago? Cause we are being crunched on these hits. They are taking the body every time. WE NEED TO DO THIS. Stop allowing them to skate right into the zone. Knock them on their asses. If they can do it, so can we. Give me Freddy, Tinordi next game. Or Miller if he's okay. We need to stand up.

I'd have been shocked if we had lost. Well not shocked because it would have been typical. Actually, it would have been typical, in the past. This team is different. This team can score.

Reactions: Mione134

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017

it seemed as soon as he was awarded the 7th player award he went back to being lazy. The whole third line is out of whack and hemmed in to the point he sat Ritchie a few shifts

Reactions: lopey and Mione134

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad