Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 3 - MARCHAND WINS IT IN OT!!!!!! - BRUINS lead series 2-1

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I try to avoid GDTs but I almost logged in last night when Zajac took that high stick from Marchand. You'd think by his reaction he lost half his teeth, arms flailing in the air.
And that is where the refereeing needs to give an embellishment penalty. It was a nonsensical, childish thing that Marchand did, he's way too valuable to the team to keep doing this crap. But the embellishment would keep 'em honest.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
And that is where the refereeing needs to give an embellishment penalty. It was a nonsensical, childish thing that Marchand did, he's way too valuable to the team to keep doing this crap. But the embellishment would keep 'em honest.

It's a tool I don't understand why referees don't use it more.

Reactions: Gordoff

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I try to avoid GDTs but I almost logged in last night when Zajac took that high stick from Marchand. You'd think by his reaction he lost half his teeth, arms flailing in the air.

Zajac knew what he was doing. Locked skates with Marchand, shoved him. Either to get Marchand out of the play "accidentally" or find trouble. He found trouble and sold it.

Not the type of player I thought Zajac was, although he is clinging to every minute of ice time he can get at this point.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Are you kidding. Let's start with Juneau. Also Ray Bourque had to threaten to hold out one year. There are multiple instances.

They didn't lose Bourque, did they? And he didn't hold out either.

Juneau was a big lose? Never scored more than 15 goals in a season after leaving Boston. And we got to see 25 games of Al Iafrate in return.

Reactions: BruinDust

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

How does one get the title, "Ice Guru". I just imagine this guy walking around, getting to eye level with the ice, maybe tasting some of it.

As some have already stated, unless he's single handily going to upgrade the system in a couple days, I'm not sure what they expect to accomplish. The weather is going to be brutal on the surface. Atleast the C's are done and they can have as much time as needed

Reactions: 13Hockey and PB37

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Zajac knew what he was doing. Locked skates with Marchand, shoved him. Either to get Marchand out of the play "accidentally" or find trouble. He found trouble and sold it.

Not the type of player I thought Zajac was, although he is clinging to every minute of ice time he can get at this point.

As Marchand has shown like 5 times in the playoffs so far he has been easily baited

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
As Marchand has shown like 5 times in the playoffs so far he has been easily baited
Is it he is easily baited or that regardless of his talent level he still has a reputation among the striped shirts. There are absolutely things he does that deserves penalties but guys like Clutterbuck , Martin and Pageau are given seemingly much more leeway.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Is it he is easily baited or that regardless of his talent level he still has a reputation among the striped shirts. There are absolutely things he does that deserves penalties but guys like Clutterbuck , Martin and Pageau are given seemingly much more leeway.

I haven’t seen clutterbuck, Martin or pageau deliberately put their stick in a players face while a ref is trying to separate any of them like Marchand has done twice in the playoffs. Or slash a guy in the face 10 feet away from a ref either

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

100%. I didn't think he was that type of player either but desperate times call for desperate measures, and I'd say Zajac is desperate to do whatever he can to justify being in the line-up as he doesn't bring a whole lot these days.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
I haven’t seen clutterbuck, Martin or pageau deliberately put their stick in a players face while a ref is trying to separate any of them like Marchand has done twice in the playoffs. Or slash a guy in the face 10 feet away from a ref either
As I said before there are things Marchy does that warrants a trip to the box. But if you feel that 4th line for the Isles plays clean at all times I don't know what game you are watching .

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
How does one get the title, "Ice Guru". I just imagine this guy walking around, getting to eye level with the ice, maybe tasting some of it.

As some have already stated, unless he's single handily going to upgrade the system in a couple days, I'm not sure what they expect to accomplish. The weather is going to be brutal on the surface. Atleast the C's are done and they can have as much time as needed

‘Ice Guru’ sounds like the working title for Breaking Bad!

If this dude doesn’t show up wearing a Heisenberg hat then he’s no ice guru!

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
No they facewash, hit after the whistle! .. i really careless, it is NhL Po hockey. But i do think that MARCHAND has less rope than most of the players.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00