Pre-Game Talk: EDF Game 3 6/3 7:40 PM - THE BEAR heads to Uniondale - NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Lol I don’t think they hate the bruins at all, I just think they call it very even and everyone is so used to Jack edwards insane homerism that when they hear unbiased takes as opposed to Jack edwards very biased takes, it sounds like they are hating.
Oh I don’t know definitely a few ex players that sure sound like they hate the Bruins.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Is dumping it into the near corner really the smarter play there? You got 3 Islanders in close proximity who could intercept it. On the other hand, to his right, there are 2 Bruins with no Islander players nearby. I think Lauzon's decision is 100% defensible. He just either shanked the pass off-target so he ended up hitting his own player's skate, or he misjudged how fast that player was going to be out of the way, and it ended up hitting the skate.

It's his pass execution that was the primary fault; not the decision-making.

I don't totally disagree, but I think any time you're firing pucks through the middle of the ice you gotta make damn sure it gets there. It does sort of straddle the line of physical v mental mistake though.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Is dumping it into the near corner really the smarter play there? You got 3 Islanders in close proximity who could intercept it. On the other hand, to his right, there are 2 Bruins with no Islander players nearby. I think Lauzon's decision is 100% defensible. He just either shanked the pass off-target so he ended up hitting his own player's skate, or he misjudged how fast that player was going to be out of the way, and it ended up hitting the skate.

It's his pass execution that was the primary fault; not the decision-making.

Actually based upon Cassidy comments based upon situational read they practice this so unit on ice knows what should happen.

In this case based on where everyone was on the ice he was to get it into the corner. Thats a set play per the coach.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Actually based upon Cassidy comments based upon situational read they practice this so unit on ice knows what should happen.

In this case based on where everyone was on the ice he was to get it into the corner. Thats a set play per the coach.

That settles it for me then. Mental mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00