BRUINS GDT EDF Game 1 - Fishsticks at BRUINS - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Sloppy first but still looked like the far better team

Because they are. The Isles are not gonna throw anything at them that they haven‘t seen against the Caps. And they don‘t have their number anymore since the deadline either.

The Isles are tough and obviously not an easy out, but if you want to get by the likes of TB and COL, you gotta beat them.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
I was about ready to stew for 18 mins, thank you Pasta for that beauty! Clean up those turnovers and keep on truckin' boys!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
dl.php

Says it all. The Bs, especially the top 2 lines, are actually getting inside and getting some good shots off from the slot, which normally against the Isles is the hard thing to do. So that's positive. But all the shots are going straight into Sorokin's chest. That's the part they need to improve. Still, better that than being stuck on the perimeter all the time.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
So what exactly was the penalty on McAvoy? There was a dangerous scoring chance and a lot of people fell down, but I still can't tell what infraction he actually did.
I think they called hooking. Looked like a stick lift on a net front battle to me. Odd call in the playoffs when that happens dozens of times a game. Either way, teams are going to get some bad calls, so the PK will have to deal with things better than the shit Carlo pulled.

Reactions: BTO

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
So what exactly was the penalty on McAvoy? There was a dangerous scoring chance and a lot of people fell down, but I still can't tell what infraction he actually did.

Not sure what the actual call was, but McAvoy took him out without the puck. Could have been interference or holding.

It was a penalty.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Says it all. The Bs, especially the top 2 lines, are actually getting inside and getting some good shots off from the slot, which normally against the Isles is the hard thing to do. So that's positive. But all the shots are going straight into Sorokin's chest. That's the part they need to improve. Still, better that than being stuck on the perimeter all the time.

I think a little more "poise" in the offensive end will help. Like on Pasta's goal... held it an extra second, Sorokin slid too far, far side wide open. If they get 18 shots a period I'm liking their chances.

CAW1313

Mar 27, 2021
Macomb, MI
Wow Jones giving Coyle props for not flopping to the ice. Might want to criticize certain other teams when they do. You'd think the refs would appreciate Boston's "play through it" mentality but apparently they don't.

Yeah whatever Jones, we reject your compliment. Still want to kick you in the teeth!

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
WHOOOOOOOO. Huge to get that goal. Thought they dominated most of the period... but a few mistakes cost them. Take the momentum into the 2nd. LETS GGOOOOOO

Said before the series - Bruins will dominate 80% of the time. Only worries are that they press too hard and make mistakes as that's The Isle's game plan. The Bruins have to press - but they cannot get too far over their skates and cough it over trying to do too much as The Isle are a counter-attack team. They feed off turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad