Pre-Game Talk: EDF Game 1 - Fishsticks at BRUINS II - Saturday 5/29 8:20 PM - NBC, SN360, TVAS2, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Not even 8 AM o_O

It is 8am here but ,the game comes on at 9PM AST, so yes it is going to be a long day. The wife is a leaf fan so we are in competition over who get the big screen for this one. Being the bigger hockey fan I am confident I will persevere, just as I am confident the Bruins will persevere

PastaBaked

May 8, 2021
marchand bergy pasta hall mcavoy barzal in no order.

bruins have a good edge in the top two lines, islanders bottom six especially with pageau and palmieri who always kill the bruins is where they have a significant chance to offset our top two lines. We’ve got nothing from our third line for the whole year besides debrusk last series.

Appreciate the reply! I'd go along with your assessment - I think there is a temptation to overly focus on our own teams perceived weakness and overlook our strengths.

I would hope that the talent advantage we have through the top lines would be more than enough to offset the imbalance in the 3rd line.

If the top end talent performs as they should; its the Bruins who have the 'on paper' advantage.

Super excited about this series - who knows when guys we'll see talent like Rask, Bergy and Marchand playing together again!

Appreciate it while its here

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
It’s game day!!!

I woke up this morning feeling like I usually do when the Patriots are in the playoffs.

What’s the difference you ask? Great question. Thanks for asking.

When the Bruins are in the playoffs, I’m excited and I look forward to the game all day with anticipation. Can’t wait to watch. The difference is that I played football as a teenager, and not hockey. When the Patriots have a playoff game, I wake up with my adrenaline pumping like I’m going to be playing in the game myself.

I woke up this morning feeling like I could take on the Evil Galactic Empire all by myself. Like I was going to suit up for the Bruins and bag the game winner. A great feeling to have.

It feels like victory.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Brown bear piscivory blog copy.jpg

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
It’s game day!!!

I woke up this morning feeling like I usually do when the Patriots are in the playoffs.

What’s the difference you ask? Great question. Thanks for asking.

When the Bruins are in the playoffs, I’m excited and I look forward to the game all day with anticipation. Can’t wait to watch. The difference is that I played football as a teenager, and not hockey. When the Patriots have a playoff game, I wake up with my adrenaline pumping like I’m going to be playing in the game myself.

I woke up this morning feeling like I could take on the Evil Galactic Empire all by myself. Like I was going to suit up for the Bruins and bag the game winner. A great feeling to have.

It feels like victory.

Got to love that mix of anticipation, hope, excitement and nervousness before a big game. I'm a natural pessimist when it comes to sports - not the 'one bad period and I want to burn it all down' sort, but the one that always has a deep-seated fear that the worse may happen. It largely comes from the local sports team that I supported growing up and which I inherited from my father (thanks dad!). They're probably the worst team in the history of major league sports - seriously, they've won 1 major trophy in 123 years of competition, and that was in 1966. They're the Toronto Maple Leafs of Australian sport, except that the Leafs at least put a few more titles in the bag before '67. They've made the grand final 4 times since then and lost all of them. So it's fair to say they inspire zero confidence!

I've learnt over the years that not every team I support is that inept, but still, that doubt lingers. BUT I genuinely believe the Bruins will win this series, and game 1. My main worry is that this season the Bruins have mostly sucked in the 1st period of games following even short breaks. I fully anticipate they will do so again. Hopefully though it doesn't hurt them too much and they can then put their fresher legs and the energy of a packed Garden to work and roll over the top of the Isles.

Here we go Bruins, get it done!!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Have fun go broons. Btw how come that you can’t get your normal season tix seats?
They are still putting a tarp over seats close to the teams. Our seats are right next to the Bs bench. If I moved over one seat I would be sitting in the lap of the back up net minder.

I miss seeing and hearing stuff from the bench but it is what it is.

I miss my pals who work for the Bs. We did see then last game (from a distance) . They waved to us.

I miss hearing stuff said by the players...especially Brad Marchand who is a very funny and witty man.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
This day will be long. I will head into Boston early and have a light supper with @GahdenRinkRat before the game.

Our seats will not be available for this seasons playoffs so for this round we will be in Loge 20.

Here we go again Bruins fans:crossfing
For the first time since a long time, people were eating on terrasse and café overhere yesterday. And it made me happy. Have a nice day, nice supper and hockey game. More than the win, happy people and normal simple life activities coming back will do everyone a happiness boost. A Bruins win should certainly help conclude a nice day.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Got to love that mix of anticipation, hope, excitement and nervousness before a big game. I'm a natural pessimist when it comes to sports - not the 'one bad period and I want to burn it all down' sort, but the one that always has a deep-seated fear that the worse may happen. It largely comes from the local sports team that I supported growing up and which I inherited from my father (thanks dad!). They're probably the worst team in the history of major league sports - seriously, they've won 1 major trophy in 123 years of competition, and that was in 1966. They're the Toronto Maple Leafs of Australian sport, except that the Leafs at least put a few more titles in the bag before '67. They've made the grand final 4 times since then and lost all of them. So it's fair to say they inspire zero confidence!

I've learnt over the years that not every team I support is that inept, but still, that doubt lingers. BUT I genuinely believe the Bruins will win this series, and game 1. My main worry is that this season the Bruins have mostly sucked in the 1st period of games following even short breaks. I fully anticipate they will do so again. Hopefully though it doesn't hurt them too much and they can then put their fresher legs and the energy of a packed Garden to work and roll over the top of the Isles.

Here we go Bruins, get it done!!
Great post, and thank you for sharing that.

I agree that the Bruins will need about 1+ periods to get back in the groove, and they should be just fine.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

May 9, 2010
Weymouth
This day will be long. I will head into Boston early and have a light supper with @GahdenRinkRat before the game.

Our seats will not be available for this seasons playoffs so for this round we will be in Loge 20.

Here we go again Bruins fans:crossfing

Awesome feeling right?

My wife and I will be up in our usual section (with our seats slightly moved) for the first time in over a year. I live 20 minutes from the city, but I think tonight is going to be so crazy that I booked a hotel in the city!

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
I video talked with my brother last night, a Leafs fan. I couldn’t help but bring up the two on zero in overtime. He just gave me that look. He normally keeps a sensible view of his teams capabilities but I think this year he kind of bought into the hype a bit. It was sad for a second.

Reactions: MarbleMist

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Awesome feeling right?

My wife and I will be up in our usual section (with our seats slightly moved) for the first time in over a year. I live 20 minutes from the city, but I think tonight is going to be so crazy that I booked a hotel in the city!
I will be driving back to NH after the game. Have fun in Boston !

We went to the other 2 playoff games and sat in Loge 20 also. It has been the first time in MANY years I have not been sitting in my usual seats. I get it and am happy to be there.

I just heard form one of the guys who works behind the bench who thinks this will be a great series ! I will wave to him from Loge 20.

Reactions: 304
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad