ECSF | Ottawa Senators defeat the New York Rangers 4 games to 2

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Ottawa has a shot vs Pittsburgh if Daley doesn't come back and if Sid is more hurt than is being led on. I don't see them having any chance at all vs Washington. Especially after Washington was already on the ropes twice they aren't getting upset

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
There's an annoying trend of teams trailing especially late trying to skate the puck in with the perfect cross-seam pass and it just doesn't work well anymore. The skaters can complete those passes much better now but the other team is always so much more organized and so much better at getting sticks in the way and taking away space plus when you do get that pass through, most of the time it's in tight and the player taking the shot only manages to take a low % shot that's into the goalies pads because he usually can't elevate it.

You end up wasting a tonne of time on the clock while trying to look for that pass. I honestly think this is when it's better to just get the shot off from the points or the periphery while crashing the net and hoping for a deflection or having all skaters attack the net trying to force in rebounds. Of course you still have to move the puck a little on the outside to force the goalie or the dmen to have to adjust and move laterally before the shot (otherwise you end up like a Boudreau team wondering why the goalie is so hot) but the main part is getting that shot on net quickly with bodies in front ready to crash it.

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
This is ****ing great!!! What a beautiful team my Sens are, all the haters can suck it!!! we are going to the Final four!!!

By the way I wonder what are the Leafs players doing right now? :sarcasm:

Likely being ******** by TO sports writers for winning two games in the playoffs and demonstrating that they will be the greatest in the history of the world in no time flat...

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I don't know. I mean Ottawa's was easier than Edmonton's but Edmonton also had a favorable matchup in R1.

Doesn't matter how you get there, you still have to win. Ottawa has won; their victories should not be seen as any lesser. At the end of the day, the two teams with the most wins meet in the Finals. Move along.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Congrats to the Senators who were awarded a playoff series win due to Alain Vigneault's ineptitude

God speed the rest of the way

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Remember when the series was all but over and the Rangers were going to walk away with it? After they dominated the Sens I think NY believed it as well.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
It's not like I'm meaning to slam on them. They've beaten the teams they were scheduled to play against and looked well doing it. I'm just saying I don't like the new playoff structure and being a team that should have had 6th seed, they had an easy schedule.

Exact

Feels like they beat Colorado and PHIlly

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Congrats to the Senators who were awarded a playoff series win due to Alain Vigneault's ineptitude

Looked more like Skjei, Smith, Girardi, Staal, Stepan and Lundqvist inaptitude to me. Guys were TERRIBLE.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
As a Sens fan, I don't care that we had the "easy" way. We still were not predicted to get by Boston or NYR so we as fans are thrilled! (Sorry for speaking for others)

Whether we get swept the next round or not, I can't be anything but proud of this team that all I hoped for was to see the playoffs

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Doesn't matter how you get there, you still have to win. Ottawa has won; their victories should not be seen as any lesser. At the end of the day, the two teams with the most wins meet in the Finals. Move along.

Yea, I acknowledged that in the first post I made about it. Doesn't change the fact that they had an easier road to this point then they should have but that's just the way the felt they had to build the playoff system. And in years down the road no one will remember who they played and the seeds but I just find it silly how the league did it.

Dick Whitman

Feb 15, 2008
Ottawa
I don't know. I mean Ottawa's was easier than Edmonton's but Edmonton also had a favorable matchup in R1.

edit: I've never been a fan of divisonal teams being granted a top conference seed. I'd much rather it just be the top 8 teams ranked 1-8. I prefer it that way for every sport.

Assuming both conferences are fairly even, Edmonton's opponents had 99 points and 105 points this year while Ottawa's opponents had 98 and 105, now granted Edmonton is a higher seed and deserve a slightly easier schedule, at the end of the day, the league has more parity than ever and I don't think that there are many "easy" match ups anymore.

Look at Washington struggling against Toronto and Chicago getting swept by Nashville.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I gave the Sens a ton of grief for their style of play this year but this was an exciting series and they deserve their win for sticking with it - multiple multi goal deficits.

The Rangers really pissed this series away.

On the plus side Chris Kreider emerged tonight after a two year slumber. He was flying tonight.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
It's not like I'm meaning to slam on them. They've beaten the teams they were scheduled to play against and looked well doing it. I'm just saying I don't like the new playoff structure and being a team that should have had 6th seed, they had an easy schedule.

What? Everyone was telling us how we were going to get crushed against the Bruins, then we were going to be crushed by the Rangers, and now we're being told we'll be crushed by whoever comes out of the Metro.

Funny how the narrative changes when you win. We went from being a team that many predicted to be swept in the first round, to a team that as just lucky, and now we had an easy schedule.

FFS you guys are relentless.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
As a Sens fan, I don't care that we had the "easy" way. We still were not predicted to get by Boston or NYR so we as fans are thrilled! (Sorry for speaking for others)

Whether we get swept the next round or not, I can't be anything but proud of this team that all I hoped for was to see the playoffs

Nothing is easy in the NHL playoffs. You guys earned your wins. Don't bother replying to the sad sad trolls.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Congrats Ottawa, Rangers blew this one, and you guys deserved this one. Good luck in the ECF, and also thank you for Mika Zibanejad who has a bright future with this team, and if more guys showed up like him in this series, may have had the edge to beat the Sens. He ended up leading the team with 9 points in 12 games.

Dick Whitman

Feb 15, 2008
Ottawa

Thanks! We'd like to thank god, and Alain Vignault for bestowing this series win on our hockey team. We'd also like to thank the Rangers' defensive core for being super easy to play against.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
GL against Pitt or Wash.

Karlsson is a freaking beauty. Sens fans should appreciate the **** outta him.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
What? Everyone was telling us how we were going to get crushed against the Bruins, then we were going to be crushed by the Rangers, and now we're being told we'll be crushed by whoever comes out of the Metro.

Funny how the narrative changes when you win. We went from being a team that man predicted to be swept in the first round, to a team that as just lucky, and now we had an easy schedule.

FFS you guys are relentless.

Maybe you shouldn't slump everyone into the same category. I don't recall ever saying they were going to get crushed. All I said was I don't like the new playoff seeding and teams get 'easier' roads than they should have had. And that's not Ottawas fault, that is the leagues fault.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Congrats Ottawa, Rangers blew this one, and you guys deserved this one. Good luck in the ECF, and also thank you for Mika Zibanejad who has a bright future with this team, and if more guys showed up like him in this series, may have had the edge to beat the Sens. He ended up leading the team with 9 points in 12 games.

I'm pretty sure Zibanajed will be a casualty of them oversigning UFAs to improve the D. I don't see him being there long term

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00