ECSF | Ottawa Senators defeat the New York Rangers 4 games to 2

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Such a depressive loss for the Rangers, I feel awful for Lundqvist, my hero in sports since Forsberg finished his career. :-( :-(

He was great vs the Canadians, not terrible against Ottawa but definately not saving his team.

In my dreams I wished Lundqvist once would raise the cup in New York, now I realise this day most probably never ever will come, not as a #1 anyway, his best days are over.

He should finnish his career in Frölunda (SEL) and retire.

The greatest goalie Sweden ever have had never winning the cup sucks a lot. It's like Sundin and Salming, amazing players never lifting the puck, I hate it.

No I don't want to see Lundqvist in WC, don't even talk about it, it would feel even more depressive, the tournament sucks.

When it was 2-2 and you started talking about taking on the Pens .... you know the foregone conclusion ,,, that can't help.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I suspect all the analysts and fans who had Boston ahead of Ottawa suspected that Karlsson, (who was well known to have injured his foot blocking a shot against Philly, and likely had a broken bone, which was later confirmed) wasn't going to be capable of playing up to his usual abilities and carry the team little lone provide a Conn-Smythe level performance, and given how much Ottawa typically relies on him, didn't think the rest of the D corps would be able to handle boston's top line, particularly with Methot seemingly going into the series playing with one hand.

They had probably also seen Stone lumber around to finish the regular season, and knew he simply wasn't himself either.

The thing is, a big reason why Ottawa was able to win was the performance of Karlsson and, to a lesser degree, Methot. Both guys ability to play at the highest level was highly questionable.

Being the underdog isn't about how you actually performed though, or who got injured during the series, it's about expectations going in. That's why injuries to Miller or Krejci getting knocked back out mid series are irrelevant to the underdog label, as they are the result of the series, not the expectation going in. You can argue that the undisclosed injury to Bergeron should factor in, but he played through that for a good chunk of the year if I'm not mistaken, so the level people would have expected from him was at least in part based on his performance with that injury going in.

The two main reasons Senators won:

Rangers total collapse in third period game 2.

The goal scored with about 1 minute left in game 5.

I believe that Rangers probably would have won the series winning either of these games.

I would feel absolutely awful and terrible being a player in Rangers.

How Rangers easily can become better?

1. Improve defense
2. New coach

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
The two main reasons Senators won:

Rangers total collapse in third period game 2.

The goal scored with about 1 minute left in game 5.

I believe that Rangers probably would have won the series winning either of these games.

I would feel absolutely awful and terrible being a player in Rangers.

How Rangers easily can become better?

1. Improve defense
2. New coach

You are right if the Rangers won 2 extra games they would have won the series

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: