GDT: ECSF Gm 5 | FLYERS (H) vs. Islanders (A) | Tue., Sep. 1, 2020 | 7:00 pm ET | NBCSN, CBC, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hart has been a bit inconsistent, he hasn't allowed a Mr. Softee, but has had some games where he's allowed a few he'd tell you he should have stopped.
That's a problem with Hart, it's easy to allow expectations to quickly rise to "ridiculous," instead of appreciating a good young goalie with the potential to be special.

Reactions: BernieParent

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Hart has been a bit inconsistent, he hasn't allowed a Mr. Softee, but has had some games where he's allowed a few he'd tell you he should have stopped.
That's a problem with Hart, it's easy to allow expectations to quickly rise to "ridiculous," instead of appreciating a good young goalie with the potential to be special.
Every goalie lets in the occasional “stoppable” goal, what exactly is your point?

The kid is technically sound and mentally tough, but I don’t think anyone is expecting him to post 3 consecutive shutouts. Fans feel that he gives them a chance to win, even when they get outplayed and it’s been a very long time since you could say that about a Flyers goalie.

But everyone with multiple brain cells knows that a better overall effort will be needed to have any chance of coming back to win this series.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Every goalie lets in the occasional “stoppable” goal, what exactly is your point?

The kid is technically sound and mentally tough, but I don’t think anyone is expecting him to post 3 consecutive shutouts. Fans feel that he gives them a chance to win, even when they get outplayed and it’s been a very long time since you could say that about a Flyers goalie.

But everyone with multiple brain cells knows that a better overall effort will be needed to have any chance of coming back to win this series.

The curse of the goaltender - your mistake costs your team the game. Someone else's mistake is just 'a missed opportunity'.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Shadow Real Nate dog, Grant, Hagg, Niskanen.

Go out with some balls Alain.

Who the f*** am I kidding? He's going to be safe and go with veteran experience.

GYalDeV.jpg

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I'm not overly optimistic about this game. Game 4 was the game we had to win and we couldn't. Why would I expect us to win this game?
The Islanders are probably more confident than ever and we have too many players who look like they'd rather enjoy their off-season.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
LOL.

He is THE BEST goalie in these playoffs.

But yeah, he is the problem. LOL.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
People are dumping on Hart? He’s had a few iffy periods in 11 games. That’s great to see from a young goalie in his first playoffs. He’s been more than solid. Excellent is more like it.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
People are dumping on Hart? He’s had a few iffy periods in 11 games. That’s great to see from a young goalie in his first playoffs. He’s been more than solid. Excellent is more like it.

Hart has masked half the Flyers D and fwds being comically poor on D.

"Tighter" hockey has been an illusion sans a few games in Habs series. Hart just bailed their asses out a lot.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Reading comprehension is an art, I guess.

No one is "dumping" on Hart, my point was simply that he's been so good, so fast, it's easy to impose inflated expectations upon him.
He shouldn't be expected to carry the team.

Reactions: BernieParent

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
I think Lindblom could play. It is September.

Magic 8 Ball says: Outlook not so good.

Seriously though, put that sexy mother f***er in already. Sheesh! Even if he plays 8 minutes, which doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of a hockey game because it's only 8 minutes, I imagine him being in the lineup would be a big boost of motivation for the rest of the players to negate those meaningless 8 minutes of sub-par (but still better than anything Grompstewie has shown us) play.

Reactions: TheKingPin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad