GDT: ECSF Gm 4 | FLYERS (A) vs. Islanders (H) | Sun., Aug. 30, 2020 | 8:00 pm ET | NBC, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
They have two lines that can score and an above average goalie. And a solid if not highly talented defense.
Pageau has given them the edge they lacked last playoffs, a huge upgrade from Fippula, and Beauvillier has taken the step up we hoped TK would take.

It's a team built around the coach's scheme.
The bottom six are all good forecheckers who play a heavy physical game, the top six are a mix of size, speed and skill.

And they've bought into to Trotz's system, Barzal went from 85 points before Trotz to 62 and 60 with him, hurting his bargaining power on his next contract, yet I haven't heard a peep of resentment in the media.

They have a a few talented forwards but are one of the least talented rosters in the playoffs left with guys on it that people would rightfully hate if we went out and got. They are just out sayteming us and out hustling us.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They have a a few talented forwards but are one of the least talented rosters in the playoffs left with guys on it that people would rightfully hate if we went out and got. They are just out sayteming us and out hustling us.

It's not just us, I think everyone hates playing the Isles, the new "Devils."
"How did we lose to those guys?"

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Isles skill players are ????

Barzal Eberle Beauvillier Bailey

that it ?

Nelson is a solid two way center, and Lee is the PF we need.
Pageau has blossomed into a top 3C who can both forecheck with the best of them and score goals.
After that, a bunch of bottom six forwards that we'd lynch Fletcher for if he traded a significant asset for or gave them real money (Komarov 4yr/$12M).
But it shows you the importance of chemistry and fit.
So where's Toronto these days?

naturalintent

Aug 17, 2020
Just come in here to say the flyers I watched in regular season move past this team with ease. Something seems off- injuries, chemistry? If giroux, couturier and konecny produce at their normal pace they win this in 5. Sort of sad To see giroux coming up short when the roster can make a run finally after carrying abysmal rosters for years. Still time to turn it around but that’s quickly running out.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Just come in here to say the flyers I watched in regular season move past this team with ease. Something seems off- injuries, chemistry? If giroux, couturier and konecny produce at their normal pace they win this in 5. Sort of sad To see giroux coming up short when the roster can make a run finally after carrying abysmal rosters for years. Still time to turn it around but that’s quickly running out.

we were 0-2-1 agaisnt the Isles in the regular season. Not much ease

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The Flyers in the regular season weren’t playing coward hockey.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
5653E5E0-B3ED-437A-B3A0-BF95A38EE4F0.jpeg

IJws.gif

TB87

May 30, 2018
BTW, can we all start posting Samurai Jack GIF’s? En masse?

That show’s hilarious

Reactions: freakydallas13

TB87

May 30, 2018
tLyo.gif

Last edited:

Evergreen

Also posted on the main board thread, but my thoughts going into Game 4:

* What's the word on Raffl? Is he injured/dealing with a nagging injury or was he a healthy scratch?

* That Grant-Thompson-NAK line last night was awful and was continually hemmed in their d-zone. I think one of Grant or Thompson needs to be scratched.

* I'd seriously consider bringing in a guy like Frost for a spark at this point. The Flyers looked frustrated yesterday (you could see it on Giroux's and Couturier's faces) and I think an injection of enthusiasm and energy from a young guy looking to make an impact would be helpful.

* (This might not be popular, but) get Provorov off the top PP. He fumbles the puck at the blue line far too often and doesn't have enough lateral movement to open up lanes. Bring back Ghost, stick him on PP1, and scratch Hagg, who took some bad penalties yesterday. This would also help ease up the burden on Provy since he's been munching minutes and looks tired imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad