line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,†provided he
had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the
blue line.

Never played hockey??:help:

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
For anyone who turned the TV off in rage the rangers did challenge the offsides.
I would have rage turned off too but I couldn't find the remote.

EK65IsAGod

SensWerePrettyPesky
Jul 31, 2011
Maritimes
Probably doesn't get overturned but I'm still mad they didn't even look.

The referee went over to the boards, burped, and went to center ice to make the announcement.

At no point did I see a very small ipad come out.

What if it was offside? They wouldn't have even looked.

They showed the linesman checking it out on CBC, maybe NBC didn't bother showing it?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Yes...And? As I said, guaranteed if you ask any casual Rangers fan they will just say "because hes the best!" which again, is wrong and a false statement, never mind the fact that it has nothing to do with his nickname.
Yeah, again, you're taking it literally. Did you know Mark Messier wasn't actually a moose?

Captain And Coke

Apr 29, 2011
Find that rule in the rule book

Rule 83 – Off-side
83.1 Off-side

Players of the attacking team must not precede the puck into the attacking zone. The position of the player’s skates and not that of his stick shall be the determining factor in all instances in deciding an off-side. A player is off-side when both skates are completely over the leading edge of the blue line involved in the play. A player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leading edge of the blue line regardless of the position of his stick. However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,†provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the blue line. It should be noted that while the position of the player’s skates is what determines whether a player is “off-side,†nevertheless the question of an “off-side†never arises until the puck has completely crossed the leading edge of the blue line at which time the decision is to be made.

:teach:

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Lundqvist is a joke, another 5 goal game and lead he blew

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Pull it up that is not the rule neither is getting a 2 minute penalty for dropping your gloves. Either way all this series is, is an above average team losing to a braely average team. Neither team has a shot of einning anything.

Lol. This is a series of two very good teams playing each other close.

sure Sens were not great in goals for and against. Got 3 guys near the deadline that added tremendous depth and a true top 6 forward in MacArthur from injury.

Karlsson is by far the best player on the ice.

But yeah Ottawa is barely average.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
The puck was passed to him, he was not in control of the puck, it wasn't even near his stick

He did receive the pass in the neutral zone, and was handling it from forehand to backhand at the moment he wasn't in contact with the puck as he crossed the blue line.

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
The puck was passed to him, he was not in control of the puck, it wasn't even near his stick

Oh my. Your post was actually serious? Yikes. Good luck with that.

And somehow Grabner hitting puck at least six inches above the crossbar is also good, right?

Yikes again.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the
blue line.

I'm always astonished with the number of posters on here who did not know this rule and still do not know it.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the
blue line.

It was passed to Turris when he had already crossed the blueline, he was not in control of the puck

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
I do have a legit question though when has anyone ever got a 10 for fighting without the accompying 5. Just eondering I have never seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad