5X2B5Je.png

5M0GhPb.png

3WzA7Tf.png

ZGRShkc.png

2VbF828.png

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Apparently the sens are really pissed off at glass for punching turris a bunch at the end.

Do the sens take stupid penalties or channel their anger and come out flying?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Have to expect the Sens to play a lot better than in the last 2 games..

..but i think the Rangers still win this one. Last 2 games have been really good for them and i bet the 6-5 loss in Ottawa still haunts them, along with the fact that the series is only 2-2. They will want to keep this going and not see any kind of letdown game after 2 convincing wins.

Last game was the game where the Sens had to show some signs of a bounce back game, instead it was the same 4-1 result again.

It just feels like the wheels came off for whatever reason (credit to NYR as well though, they kept working on their game and improving while the Sens did not).

Have to wonder if EK's injury getting worse again affects the team morale too, they know they can't get past the ECF anyway if he's not healthy.

But we'll see what happens.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Apparently the sens are really pissed off at glass for punching turris a bunch at the end.

Maybe Turris (and others) shouldn't have gooned it up at the end of the game. Absolutely ridiculous for them to be upset. Turris was being an ass and attempted to hurt Glass, Tanner proceeded to beat the **** out of him.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Have to expect the Sens to play a lot better than in the last 2 games..

..but i think the Rangers still win this one. Last 2 games have been really good for them and i bet the 6-5 loss in Ottawa still haunts them, along with the fact that the series is only 2-2. They will want to keep this going and not see any kind of letdown game after 2 convincing wins.

Last game was the game where the Sens had to show some signs of a bounce back game, instead it was the same 4-1 result again.

It just feels like the wheels came off for whatever reason (credit to NYR as well though, they kept working on their game and improving while the Sens did not).

Have to wonder if EK's injury getting worse again affects the team morale too, they know they can't get past the ECF anyway if he's not healthy.

But we'll see what happens.

Playoff series are weird. I wouldn't be surprised if new york won the remaining 2 games. I wouldn't be surprised if they trade wins and go into a game 7. I wouldn't be surprised if ottawa won the next 2 games.

After the first 2 games many rangers fans were saying "its over! trade this guy. get rid of this guy". Now after the last 2 games the sens fans are doing the same. The momentum can switch many times.

Reminds me of ottawa vs toronto in the early 2000s. Toronto won the first 2 games. Ottawas big guns couldnt score. People were talking about sweeps and the sens choking. The sens won the next 2 games. All of a sudden the sens big guns were scoring. Everyone was talking about how the sens have finally figured out how to score in the playoffs and that they would in in 6. But then the leafs grinded out the next 2 games and the sens lost in 6.

Momentum has shifted once, it can shift again. I can shift again after that, and even again after that.

That's what makes the playoffs so great.

Even last round the sens lost game one and were losing game 2 by 2-3 goals...on the verge of being down 2-0.a Few days later on the verge of winning in 5 up 3-1.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012

That's pretty funny. Turris takes a cheap shot, then is the first to drop his gloves and start throwing and caught the **** end of the stick in the end for being stupid.

But seriously, if Neil isn't playing and Ottawa is mad, what are they going to do about it? The end of last game was embarrassing for them outside of Dion and Smith bout, which was the right way about lighting a fire under the team's ass for next game.

Burrows is lucky he ducked Kreider after his cheap hack at Miller's legs too. I'm sure he remembers the last time he got on Kreider's bad side and got rag dolled and ate a few fists.

I doubt Sens are coming out as tough guys. They're coming out high energy and looking to get an early lead.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
That's pretty funny. Turris takes a cheap shot, then is the first to drop his gloves and start throwing and caught the **** end of the stick in the end for being stupid.

But seriously, if Neil isn't playing and Ottawa is mad, what are they going to do about it? The end of last game was embarrassing for them outside of Dion and Smith bout, which was the right way about lighting a fire under the team's ass for next game.

Burrows is lucky he ducked Kreider after his cheap hack at Miller's legs too. I'm sure he remembers the last time he got on Kreider's bad side and got rag dolled and ate a few fists.

I doubt Sens are coming out as tough guys. They're coming out high energy and looking to get an early lead.

Yeah, I don't see Boucher looking to play rough and tough to start the game. Sens will want to come out flying and score first.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Yeah, I don't see Boucher looking to play rough and tough to start the game. Sens will want to come out flying and score first.

This is what i see happening too. If the rangers score early, i wonder what happens. Does someone try to send a message and try to drop the gloves or go for a big hit. Does that spark shenanigans? This could be a very entertaining game on both sides of the whistles.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
This is what i see happening too. If the rangers score early, i wonder what happens. Does someone try to send a message and try to drop the gloves or go for a big hit. Does that spark shenanigans? This could be a very entertaining game on both sides of the whistles.

Depends if Neil is in or not, IMO.

I think after the shenanigans in the third period last game, players got their peepee slapped and told not to goof off like that again.

If the Rangers are holding a 2 goal or more lead and the Sens haven't scored yet, and it's the end of the second period, I would think we see something.

If the Rangers score early...but remains a 1-0 lead or something...I don't see anything happening.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012

It will make it fun and increase the intensity and I'm always cool with the rough stuff as long as nobody gets hurt. It's the cheap **** that ruins the games. Settle differences like men then give each other a pat on the shoulder afterwards for being warriors and go on with the game.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I hope the Sens try to goon it up. As much as it's not in the Rangers DNA, it's not the Sens either and will cost them.

Hope that's exactly what they try to do

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Can't believe they are playing Neil, lol. Boucher looking to goon it up? Montreal tried it and got decked, have at em boys.

goon it up?

he's looking for a physical element, the rangers have won the physical battle in the last two, Bocuher is responding to that. Ideally its boro who provides that but he isn't available.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
goon it up?

he's looking for a physical element, the rangers have won the physical battle in the last two, Bocuher is responding to that. Ideally its boro who provides that but he isn't available.

I agree. Just putting a tougher player like that into the lineup isn't "gooning it up." AV put Glass in there for the same reason and hasn't sent him head hunting or swinging sticks at people or anything. Neil can provide some energy with some hits and be there for when things get chippy. Neil can try to goon it up, but he's a smart veteran. He's not going nuts and cost his team the game.

I think it's a good move but Boucher has to hope an older, slower player doesn't end up hurting them when he's on the ice with NYR speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad