GDT: ECSF - Game 3 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes / 3:30 EST - ESPN / Series (CAR 2-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I think we should take a moment to appreciate the ability that the Canes’ management, scouting and coaching have shown in assembling, developing and managing such a formidable squad. Masterfully done.
Yup and it took them a few years to do it. It just doesn't happen overnight. This is just part of the process. We will be there in 2 years.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
They key to this game and this series has always been our PP vs their PK. If they aren't any better than the last 2 games then we are toast.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
They key to this game and this series has always been our PP vs their PK. If they aren't any better than the last 2 games then we are toast.
It wont be better because nothing will be adjusted. No practice.

It's up to the players to make the adjustments in-game. I do not see that happening. Hopefully I'm wrong.

We're setup to fail on the PP as it is right now. Slow, methodical movement up-top, plays into Carolina PK strength.

Reactions: savebyrichter94

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It wont be better because nothing will be adjusted. No practice.

It's up to the players to make the adjustments in-game. I do not see that happening. Hopefully I'm wrong.

We're setup to fail on the PP as it is right now. Slow, methodical movement up-top, plays into Carolina PK strength.
You are probably right as aggressive PK's give us trouble. They need to just gets pucks to the net and hope for some deflections and puck luck.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
You are probably right as aggressive PK's give us trouble. They need to just gets pucks to the net and hope for some deflections and puck luck.
I have my doubts on that as well.

What happened to all our set plays? The Kreider deflection ones? They haven't been tried in some time. The puck needs to come down low. The problem is that it sets up Strome who is one of our worst finishers. Hopefully we get lucky tonight

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
I want Georgi with a pair of boxing gloves strung over his shoulders and flourishing them towards #77 at every opportunity. I hope MSG gives TD the word all game long.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
What's our record and Igor's numbers for day games this year? Hank used to be dreadful on day games because it messed with his routine and mid-day nap.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Boston was blown out of the water against Carolina in Carolina. Everyone thought they were done.

They came back and smacked them in Boston.

We need the exact same thing.

Yeah I'm just hoping to sweep the home games so they have a chance in game 7 where anything can happen

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Strome being on PP1 has been idiotic from the jump. Laf should be there. He's a better playmaker and finisher. He can also shoot off the pass from that spot. It is pure negligence that it hasn't been tried all season.

Yea true they were only 25% on the PP for the year maybe they could have been 40% if they made that change. Could have been the best PP in history.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
It sucks to be down 2 but those games were extremely close and the team played with the requisite defensive structure that I honestly didn’t think they were capable of.

If they can balance it with a semblance of offense they can win still. It’s not one persons fault really but Panarin pulling his head out of his ass alone would probably be enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad