GDT: ECSF - Game 3 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes / 3:30 EST - ESPN / Series (CAR 2-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I don't think effort is the issue so far, more along the lines of contextual decision-making from guys like Panarin.

The refusal to play chip and chase combined with crash-the-net in tight checking hockey is beyond frustrating.
Every time they chipped and chased, the Canes turned it up ice almost immediately, and there have been many folks claiming that some of the players aren't putting forth enough effort, which is stupid. I can't put it any nicer that.

Theres only one guy on this team who should really be embarrassed with his play so far, we all know who that is. f*** I bet he knows it too.

This is the series.
If he turns out to not be hurt after the playoffs, I'll agree. The question is if he does turn out to be injured will the complainers recant?

And it's not like anyone else has been lighting it up. The guy with 52 goals is dressed, right?

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
I think we should take a moment to appreciate the ability that the Canes’ management, scouting and coaching have shown in assembling, developing and managing such a formidable squad. Masterfully done.
They had 2 more regular season wins. They nearly lost to an inferior Boston team.

Can we take a moment to appreciate our own management, scouting, and coaching for assembling, developing and managing a Rangers team that had one of the highest wins totals in a season in franchise history, did what no other team has in NHL history in the 1st round, and has basically shut down the Canes the first two games and only allowed 3 non empty net goals in about 125 minutes. Rangers simply haven't put away their own chances otherwise the Rangers are up 2-0 or at least tied 1-1.

We have a Norris winning defenseman, a Hart and Vezina candidate goaltender, a winger that was in the running for Hart not long ago, and a 50 goal scorer that was drafted and developed by the Rangers, and a Jack Adam's candidate coach.

People are praising the Canes as something they aren't. Any team with some talent can trap and clog the ice if they buy into what the coach is selling them. Seen it about 1000 times in the 90s when the trap was all the rage. They are good, they aren't great.

They aren't the Colorado Avalanche, they aren't the Florida Panthers, they aren't the Tampa Bay Lightning (the best team in the league by a wide margin and will most likely win their 3rd straight Cup). They aren't even the Nashville Predators who for a long time did so much with so little. They aren't the Red Wings that made the playoffs for like 25 straight seasons.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
The Panarin dumping has gotten a bit out of control. The entire offense can’t get anything going against the Canes. The only reason people focus on Panarin is 1) he is probably feeling like he has to make something happen by himself at this juncture, and 2) he has the puck on his stick more than anyone else against the best team D in the league.

People need to realize there is another team playing and it is a team capable of making great players look silly because they can make entire teams look silly. Nearly the entire Rangers lineup looks like they didn’t even know how to get a halfway decent shot on net in the first two games. They didn’t just forget how to play hockey. The Canes are very good at doing this to a team and they’ve been through playoff adversity the past few seasons. They are tough as nails and tight through NZ and DZ.

The Rangers as a team need to find a way to get more quality shots on net. And if they cannot, it’s going to be like the first 2 games where it’s a diceroll on who takes advantage of the limited chances both sides are getting. It’s been the Canes with the extra play or two the first two games. The Rangers just need to find a way for it to be them the next two games. LGR!

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
They had 2 more regular season wins. They nearly lost to an inferior Boston team.

Can we take a moment to appreciate our own management, scouting, and coaching for assembling, developing and managing a Rangers team that had one of the highest wins totals in a season in franchise history, did what no other team has in NHL history in the 1st round, and has basically shut down the Canes the first two games and only allowed 3 non empty net goals in about 125 minutes. Rangers simply haven't put away their own chances otherwise the Rangers are up 2-0 or at least tied 1-1.

We have a Norris winning defenseman, a Hart and Vezina candidate goaltender, a winger that was in the running for Hart not long ago, and a 50 goal scorer that was drafted and developed by the Rangers, and a Jack Adam's candidate coach.

People are praising the Canes as something they aren't. Any team with some talent can trap and clog the ice if they buy into what the coach is selling them. Seen it about 1000 times in the 90s when the trap was all the rage. They are good, they aren't great.

They aren't the Colorado Avalanche, they aren't the Florida Panthers, they aren't the Tampa Bay Lightning (the best team in the league by a wide margin and will most likely win their 3rd straight Cup). They aren't even the Nashville Predators who for a long time did so much with so little. They aren't the Red Wings that made the playoffs for like 25 straight seasons.
Carolina is light years better than Nashville. If they went head-to-head with Florida, I'd wager on Carolina at even money. Washington played Florida even. Florida is looking like the epitome of a team not built for playoff hockey, so far.

T.B. and Colorado appear to be the best, today. but if bitch-boy Kadri hadn't taken out Binnington, I think St.Louis had a real chance of winning that series.

What T.B. has that no one else has is Hedman. Right now, he is easily the best defenseman in the game.

I also wouldn't be shocked if the winner of Cal-Edm beat Colorado.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
If ANY of the kids get 8 less minutes than Strome again, whoever voted GG for the Jack Adams needs to lose voting privileges.

Reactions: Synergy27

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
They get criticized for effort because for the most part they play a perimeter style game and don’t seem willing to make the adjustments

Sometimes the other team is better but you don’t have to feed into it by playing a style that’s not conducive to winning

If we try to play chip and chase and they get to it first then start putting the puck in smarter areas and making sure you have someone with speed to chase it down, they pressure the points on the PP you work it down low then back up to the point not the other way around etc

For most people when they see others doing the same shit over and over and displaying an unwillingness to adjust they’re probably gonna question the effort that person(s) is exerting

And after all this is sports, talent matters but so does heart and determination, some players have it and some don’t, some players are willing and able to do more and some are content to get by good enough on what they’re comfortable giving

Reactions: LokiDog

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
This team.

Why do I feel like we're going to lose today and still wind up in a game 7?

Theres only one guy on this team who should really be embarrassed with his play so far, we all know who that is. f*** I bet he knows it too.

This is the series.
Kreider?
If you're not going to score, back Check. If you can't do that, at least stay out if the box.

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
The conservative approach should remain the plan .

A wide open game is where Car thrives - only Fla created more high scoring chances in high danger areas.

We’re damned if we do - damned if we don’t.

Our hood has be a PPG or a low blocks lunchpail bang in …

Opening it up makes matters worse

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
6fb74744b08448fef426b4c148eab8c3.jpg

Today Panarin will silence all the haters and losers, once and for all.

I’d love today to be the start of a Panarin redemption tour.

The team needs it, badly. 1 goal in two games against Raanta isn’t okay, and no, that’s not all on Panarin, but they need him to be a positive catalyst and today would be a great day to start.

I don’t hate the Breadman. I love the Breadman and his goofy personality. I just don’t let the fact that I like him cloud my ability to judge his playoffs thus far objectively. He has sucked. We all know he has the ability to turn it around. At 12M, no matter how much I like him, he needs to play smarter for him to not be hurting us, right now. If he doesn’t produce or play his best hockey, that’s one thing. The mental errors and lazy giveaways have to stop, at a minimum. The puck has to go deep. The puck has to go to the net when the opportunity is there. These are fundamentals. Your team is struggling to score. Even if you’re too injured to rip a good shot on goal (game 7 goal seems to indicate otherwise) just throw it at the net. Instead of no look passed out of the zone, just send it to the corner. These are fundamentals. If he’s injured and can’t bring his A game, he can still clean up the things that are hurting us.

And personally, I see bursts from him where his legs are moving and he’s shooting and he looks normal, so even if he is injured, I think part of it has been not rising to the challenge.

So, like I said, I would LOVE for tonight to be the start of the Breadman redemption tour and for Panarin to go on a little heater. I’ll be the first to applaud. It won’t erase the fact that he played like crap for most of the playoffs so far. If he shows up and has a hat trick, does it erase games 1 & 2? No, but it puts us back in the series if he can keep it up, and that’s all that matters going forward.

As much as I have favorite players, I root for the Rangers, not the individuals. Some people will defend a player to the ends of the earth because they’re infatuated with the individual. I’ll crucify my heroes if they aren’t doing what’s needed for us to win games. I led the charge on the Soy Boy Mika Veganabad posts earlier in the year and I’ve had a Mika jersey since his second year here. It doesn’t mean I hate Mika. It means he was playing like shit for a while.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
Both games in Carolina were winnable , score goals on home ice and win .Kreider, Bread and Zib need to step the fook up their play this series has been unacceptable.

Reactions: LokiDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad